The Rules

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
“SHOULDER CHARGING”

The Code: A DEFENDER CANNOT “SHOULDER CHARGE’’ A BALLCARRIER TO EFFECT A TACKLE.

Application: The defender who RUNS at a ball-carrier and, without attempting to tackle, grab or hold the ball-carrier, charges to make contact with the shoulder or with the upper arm (tucked into the side) is guilty of an infringement.

Law Book Reference: Section 15, Considered “Misconduct” or “Dangerous Play”

SECTION 15, PLAYER’S MISCONDUCT

Definition of misconduct 1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:

(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly. (see Section 3)

Section 16. Duties of Referee and Touch Judges

When to Blow Whistle

The Referee must carry a whistle which he shall blow to commence and terminate each half of the game. Except for these occasions the blowing of the whistle shall temporarily stop the play. The Referee shall blow the whistle:

(d) when he detects a breach of the Laws of the Game, except when to stop the play would be to the disadvantage of the non-offending team.

SECTION 13

PENALTY KICK

When awarded 1.

(a) A penalty kick shall be awarded against any player who is guilty of misconduct (see Section 15 and Shoulder Charge) provided that this is not to the disadvantage of the non-offending team. Unless otherwise stated, the mark is where the offence occurs.

0,,5679610,00.jpg

I could not work out why manly retained possession when Stewart dropped the ball during the tackle. If it was a leagal play as the officials are saying then it should have been a Melbourne scrum feed. Major stuff up by the cement truck target.

Is that extract from the NRL rules ?? Because as far as I was aware shouder charges aren't illegal, if they were SBW would be getting penalised every game.

I also recall having a heated discussion on here some time back about the relative merits of the shoulder charge as a legitimate tackling method, making reference to the fact that they are banned in Rugby Union. The general consensus of reply was that Rugby is a game for wimps and that shoulder charges are all fine for the tough boys of the NRL. Funny how opinions change when the full effect of their impact is felt by one of our own. What Crocker did was a low act and is the very reason that Rugby has banned them. But having said that, Matai is a serial user as well, so where do ST posters stand on that ??

Interesting....wonder why the rule has never been applied ? Probably like the incorrect scrum feed or not interfering with the marker rules, they are there but never get used.

Yeah I came across the rule where a player must get up in the exact spot and under no circumstance move from the position they were tackled. It pretty much sums shows that not all rules are applyed.

The rules are a joke. What really matters is who the Ref supported as a child.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6