The real problem with Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If foz can stay injury free he is the answer.. with him in the side we will have variety, different options, most importantly playing straight and square. Frees up cherry Evans in so many ways. Also turbo wouldn't be 80 percent of out attack either. Additionally, he can teach players like cust and metcalf so much and i reckon would get thr best out of olakauatu. Forsn and RFM combination is dangerous we could have that with Haumole. He us part of the manly DNA that was successful. He knows what it takes. And hr knows how des wants to play. He can bring that back with snake in thr background also. He makes the hapless bulldogs competitive, imagine what he could do with our squad

How would you know when we haven't seen at least six backs from our roster play this season?
How is it that Melbourne can bring up a winger only his mother had heard of and he instantly fits into their backline and run rings around us?
You must give young talent a chance to prove themselves. DESpicable has used the least amount of players of all the NRL clubs and look how that's worked out for us.
I think it's simple: we have nothing to lose by giving our untried roster members a go in the NRL but plenty to gain.

They haven't played first grade. They cannot be considered depth.

It's not rocket science.

Melbourne can slot in a player like that because they have probably the best coach of the last 20 years, the best hooker that's ever played the game, and a bunch of rep stars, pace, and power in key positions. They also have creative halves and a settled spine.

People on here clamouring to throw in 4 or 5 rookies at once into a backline devoid of creativity and missing a quality hooker & 5/8 are going to be the first ones screaming the house down when we get towelled by 40+.

If foz can stay injury free he is the answer.. with him in the side we will have variety, different options, most importantly playing straight and square. Frees up cherry Evans in so many ways. Also turbo wouldn't be 80 percent of out attack either. Additionally, he can teach players like cust and metcalf so much and i reckon would get thr best out of olakauatu. Forsn and RFM combination is dangerous we could have that with Haumole. He us part of the manly DNA that was successful. He knows what it takes. And hr knows how des wants to play. He can bring that back with snake in thr background also. He makes the hapless bulldogs competitive, imagine what he could do with our squad

It's interesting as we actually have the makings of a pretty good NRL roster, potentially top 4, with just a few personnel changes.

Fainu, Turbo and a player like Foran along with a few of the rookie backs perservered with and Haumole in for Joel Thompson would instantly do wonders for our attack.

They haven't played first grade. They cannot be considered depth.

It's not rocket science.

Melbourne can slot in a player like that because they have probably the best coach of the last 20 years, the best hooker that's ever played the game, and a bunch of rep stars, pace, and power in key positions. They also have creative halves and a settled spine.

People on here clamouring to throw in 4 or 5 rookies at once into a backline devoid of creativity and missing a quality hooker & 5/8 are going to be the first ones screaming the house down when we get towelled by 40+.
Agree with your points. Personally, I expect the rookies coming in would/will struggle and we are quite likely to lose the remaining games. However, I'm well aware and completely OK with it. It's just about giving them exposure to FG, no expectations for them, or the team, to be doing anything amazing.

Agree with your points. Personally, I expect the rookies coming in would/will struggle and we are quite likely to lose the remaining games. However, I'm well aware and completely OK with it. It's just about giving them exposure to FG, no expectations for them, or the team, to be doing anything amazing.

Hey I totally agree. 4 games where we can't make the 8 and can't get the spoon. No expectations. Des needs to let it rip and see what he has. Huamole, Funa, Hoppa, Schuster, etc. - it's time to throw it all out there and see who is willing to rip in for a top 17 roster spot in 2021.

All this talk of moving on crap players but unless they are on big money we aren't realistically signing anyone that's gonna make a difference.

JAC is gonna get a huge deal from the bunnies or roosters because of course he is.

Letting Api leave was terrible business.

I hate to say it but if Marty is on close to 800K or whatever is reported then he has got to be let go so we can sign some depth. We can't have three props eating 2.5m of our cap. And yes Jake is basically a prop.
On that... was it just me or did he look distinctly NOT like an 80 minute player yesterday? Was blowing hard, unable to jump up and be square at market almost every tackle in second half... I’d be playing him as a 60 min prop if I were a highly paid first grade coach. As opposed to a nong with a mobile phone and a half-formed opinion...

On that... was it just me or did he look distinctly NOT like an 80 minute player yesterday? Was blowing hard, unable to jump up and be square at market almost every tackle in second half... I’d be playing him as a 60 min prop if I were a highly paid first grade coach. As opposed to a nong with a mobile phone and a half-formed opinion...
Jake?

I read somewhere that Tom and Jake's NRL registered package is 13M but their cap cost is 12M.

If that is true then we are indeed paying them 1.1M and 900K respectively and they receive another million between them over the next 6 years via TPA's.

By my best scouring, DCE is on 1.25M this year...we receive the 200k marquee player allowance for him and possible TPA's so 900K is probably somewhere around the mark.

Marty and Walker's cap cost would be pretty close to their salaries bandied about. 600K and 400k respectively, minus maybe a 50K in TPA for Marty but I doubt anyone is sponsoring Walker these days.
So the cap hit for these 3 is definitely not the 3.21M you protest, but it is probably more like 2.9M.

In addition, they probably use up most of our possible TPA money that would more than likely be spread through other players cap costs if they were not here at all. If so, in REALITY that TPA money DOES need to be added to their cost to the MWSE. This is VERY important because we don't appear to be an attractive TPA benefactor.

As others have mentioned the exact costs are always guess work, only the club truly knows. But the talk of all these TPA's propping up their salaries is not true.

The suggestion that Jake and Tom are getting 1 mil between them for 6 years (166.66k per year) then DCE at 1.25 (minus marquee allowance) has 1.05 mil but actually cap value at 900k (therefore 105k per year TPA), then Marty potentially at 50k all up would suggest around 325k in TPAs just on those 4.

The NRL releases the TPA's registered by each club. in 2019 we had $148,718 (below). that is down from the 2018 figure (further below).

For argument sakes lets be optimistic that the figure hasn't fallen further for 2020. So if:
DCE is on 1.25 mil
Trbojevic's are 2 mil - 2.16 mil (12- 13 mil package)
Then the total for the top 3 earners per year $3.25 - 3.41mil

Take away the total of almost 150k in TPAs and the cap hit is still:

3.1 mil - 3.26 mil

Untitled 2.png
Untitled.png

As others have mentioned the exact costs are always guess work, only the club truly knows. But the talk of all these TPA's propping up their salaries is not true.

The suggestion that Jake and Tom are getting 1 mil between them for 6 years (166.66k per year) then DCE at 1.25 (minus marquee allowance) has 1.05 mil but actually cap value at 900k (therefore 105k per year TPA), then Marty potentially at 50k all up would suggest around 325k in TPAs just on those 4.

The NRL releases the TPA's registered by each club. in 2019 we had $148,718 (below). that is down from the 2018 figure (further below).

For argument sakes lets be optimistic that the figure hasn't fallen further for 2020. So if:
DCE is on 1.25 mil

3.1 mil - 3.26 mil

View attachment 15309View attachment 15308
If you believe those figures are correct and are the only money players receive outside of the cap you should start buying bridges buddy...if you haven't bought some already.

Given our current form I’ve been looking back at some of our better performances in 2019 and it is clear that those games we played well in were off the back of Trbojevic and Fainu rolling down the middle with quick play the balls and offloads which were a huge part of Manase’s game.

It may have hidden our deficiencies out wide, given we were able to shift it wide off quick play through the middle, but it worked and was what our game was based around.

We haven’t really had either this year and that is largely where I feel things have gone wrong.

If you believe those figures are correct and are the only money players receive outside of the cap you should start buying bridges buddy...if you haven't bought some already.
They are the figures you used.

TPAs are those registered with the NRL for those numbers above. If you are suggesting they are paid off the books be more explicit. Ive quoted your figures and the terms you used to show its not possible.

Hi Sean, can't argue too much with your argument but the big question I have is the past. Foz left for a very questionable reason last time. What has changed? Do we need the culture he brings back to the club. How will it impact the rest of the players. Nah from me, but I'm biased as maybe I reputably know to much about the past.

DCE is on 1.25 mil

3.1 mil - 3.26 mil

View attachment 15309View attachment 15308

Does anyone believe the truth to this? Seriously Roosters?

Hi Sean, can't argue too much with your argument but the big question I have is the past. Foz left for a very questionable reason last time. What has changed? Do we need the culture he brings back to the club. How will it impact the rest of the players. Nah from me, but I'm biased as maybe I reputably know to much about the past.
What was the questionable reason?

It's interesting as we actually have the makings of a pretty good NRL roster, potentially top 4, with just a few personnel changes.

Fainu, Turbo and a player like Foran along with a few of the rookie backs perservered with and Haumole in for Joel Thompson would instantly do wonders for our attack.
We still lack genuine speed, modern day sharp footwork type of player---that genuine athlete you look at and think, damn his mere presence alone will create a line break.

Funa, Hopoate etc, etc have the kind of strong build that would stand out in the 90's or work well in a slow structured wrestle era of the previous decade---with more space and fatigue coming back into the game along with the 6 again rule, pace and footwork, real athletes who are also half decent in the air are valued more over composed, steady strong performers.

You can't expect much from a busted team full of steady depth players other than harden them up defensively so that they get a feel of the speed of the game.

Attacking wise there is not much talent on display to work with----this year i was expecting more improvement and creativity in the short passing game of our forwards(as i mentioned prior to the season starting) but we have only seen sprinklings of that in this disjointed year.

AFB is playing on one leg and overweight---still over does the hop skip before the line, Marty tries hard but is not used in the right way and also needs to straighten up, our back row lacks aggression and direct punch also.

Our backline depth players look more like long term extras just happy to be in the top 30----the only way a squad like this can perform above expectation like last year is with a good run without injuries and all on the same disciplined working together page doing all the 1%'s.

Hey Sean, happy to share in person over a beer, not on a forum. But there are a couple, so no from me. You welcome to call me a tool or a troll, but I have officially been told not to be specific. So I'm cool to accept your skepticism.
Fair enough mate

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10