The real issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Controlled aggression is a potent weapon in our arsenal. However, the ability to control emotion and play disciplined football is more important. Combine the two and we will win most of our games this season.

When we came out for the second half I noticed we started to drop off tackles in the very first couple of tackles we made. I made a comment to the people that were watching it with me that I didn't like the attitude we were displaying. Within seconds of making that comment Inglis was in for a try. The first 10 minutes of the second half were crucial and we made a mess of it. We could still have won the game if the video ref ruled in favour of us when we had a no try ruling for obstruction (imo it was a try). That shows we can beat any team no matter what position we are in at the time.

What was unforgivable was Fa'oso and Snake's brain snaps, among others. We may have lost the battle last Friday night but we have jeopardised our position in the overall war when we lose players to inevitable suspensions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, at times, out team fails to look at the big picture. Premierships aren't won in April and if our players are sitting on the sidelines suspended then we won't be in the picture come finals time.

Im sorry but the NRL Administration is turning the game into touch footy imo. AFL takes out the illegal hits but still allows the toughness. Oztag soon and touch not far away is my prediction.

Townsville Eagle said:
Im sorry but the NRL Administration is turning the game into touch footy imo. AFL takes out the illegal hits but still allows the toughness. Oztag soon and touch not far away is my prediction.

I find it hard to argue with this. Add to this the obsession for a fast ruck and the game has become boring dummy half running and a lot of touch footy. Add to this to steady downward spiral in the quality of teh refereeing and I dislike what I'm seeing across the board.

Seriously not enjoying the footy this year.

defence is playing a much larger part in the game in 2013, than 2012. The rules or refereeing rather than the teams are making the difference

Ralphie said:

Not sure of the reasons, but I have mainly stopped watching non-Manly games. In the past I often didn't mind watching other teams. Maybe the teams are just crap this year, apart from the few obvious standouts.

It is because all teams run the same plays all teams are pretty close with defensive patterns the only difference is the top teams execute the same patterns and plays better that is the only differentiation.

On top of that the better teams play with a higher intensity and wrestle better but other than that you are just viewing different coloured jerseys.

Actually the art form of holding a player up now and slowly walking them back ignoring the call to release as if it is too hard to hear in the tackle actually in some instances slows the play the ball more.

Matabele said:
we allowed our frustration to get the better of us.

Exactly!!

And happened in the Battle of Brookvale Mark 1, against the Dogs last year and again last Friday night V the Bunnies.

Controlled agression is great, and in fact that's what many of us older fans call "great footy"......BUT.....agression after frustration is plain dumb.

Had we played smart on Friday night we would have won, we let the emotion overcome us and lets face it...they didn't!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ralphie said:

Not sure of the reasons, but I have mainly stopped watching non-Manly games. In the past I often didn't mind watching other teams. Maybe the teams are just crap this year, apart from the few obvious standouts.

I'm finding the same thing. Just not interested in most other games unless it's a top of the table clash. I think T.C has hit the nail on the head. All teams are playing the same robotic style. It's actually getting boring and frustrating, add in the mostly incompetent refs and their B.S penalties, the insane video ref decisions and it just gives me the ****s half the time watching the game. A very sad state of affairs

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6