The Rabbits next week, thoughts?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

torana355

First Grader
Premium Member
This will be a hard game and i will be extremely happy if we can win as we will get Matai/Lyon back the week after.

The Rabbits strength is their forward pack. You don't have to worry about Inglis if you shut down the forwards. We need to belt them around a little early. Also I think Sandow panics when he is rushed, hopefully the defense rushes him a lot.

If we play like we did for most of the 1st Half today, they will not get close to us. How brutal was that defence.

I think they knew they had it in the bag in the 2nd half and were just coasting.

Im going to have to listen to the game on the radio at work as i work nightshift, i still think this is going to be a really hard game.

If we have Lyon back, it will be a huge boost, he has Inglis' number in defence

If he is not there, we just need to smash him early and he will lose interest quickly

Gift, Hoppa and Wolfie can expect all the action. Taylor and Inglis on their LHS is their go to play. I will feel more secure if Killer is back, we all know he can shut down the fat turncoat.

I'd say Luke will play, it was only a concussion.

I'll be at the Panthers-Bronco's game at Suncorp and then home to wact the replay at 9.30pm (remember in QLD we get yours game second)....will work well as we will actually kick off here at 6.30pm (so it's live down there at 7.30pm)...so should be home around 9.00...works a treat!!

The rabbits will come up against a steely, gritty defensive outfit next week.  First thing to do is smash Wesser and then he loses focus and interest.  They play pretty and rely on fatso and big head for their tries.  Shut them down and we go a long way to win.  More later. 

We need all the experienced players and that means Lyon to centre T Williams to wing, I'd put young hoppa up against Inglis. Our defence needs to be on song. DCE & Foran will get targeted and needs others to take pressure off him and it will Lyon and Stewart. Be a good test, their halves can be very good and also very bad. If we play disciplined rugby league we'll win.

The Bunnies will want to back up on their win so it looks like a tough game. Hopefully with the same discipline and grit we showed against the Chooks, we should win this. Also Eddy Pettybourne is facing suspension for around 3 weeks.

swoop link said:
We need all the experienced players and that means Lyon to centre T Williams to wing, I'd put young hoppa up against Inglis. Our defence needs to be on song. DCE & Foran will get targeted and needs others to take pressure off him and it will Lyon and Stewart. Be a good test, their halves can be very good and also very bad. If we play disciplined rugby league we'll win.
Who are you booting to accommodate T Williams?

DSM5 link said:
The rabbits will come up against a steely, gritty defensive outfit next week.  First thing to do is smash Wesser and then he loses focus and interest.  They play pretty and rely on fatso and big head for their tries.  Shut them down and we go a long way to win.  More later. 

Agreed. Also smash the midget Sandow. Souths are a team that if you dent their confidence early they struggle to come back. Similar D to the last 2 weeks and we should be sweet.

Take Crocker's head off :)
Also run as many plays as possible towards Inglis and make him work overtime in defense which should nullify his attack.

I want to catch the bus up there and so need another twenty or so to contact the club and get on the bus.  Terrific way to travel.  Safe and no parking hassles.

eelcatcher link said:
The Bunnies will want to back up on their win so it looks like a tough game. Hopefully with the same discipline and grit we showed against the Chooks, we should win this. Also Eddy Pettybourne is facing suspension for around 3 weeks.

Wesser has a hamstring injury and is in doubt. Might be foxing though

WAMF link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=187127.msg327674#msg327674 date=1301220278]
[/quote]

No one.

the way we play is a worry. How long can we keep up the bash em in defence whilst not tiring our own players out.

WAMF link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=187127.msg327674#msg327674 date=1301220278]
[/quote]
I saw D Williams limping during the game apparently with a knee injury but if he's fit obviously wolfie will get the nod.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6