The Question - Is AFB the worlds best front rower ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The big beast has it all including a Massive motor.
Des arrived and challenged him to be the best front rower in the world.
Manly judges are rating him right up there throughout the season.
I find it hard to argue and honestly can't think of a better front rower in today's game - thoughts...

Yes.
We hold this truth to be self evident: that all front rowers are not created equal. And AFB's as good as it gets.

I find it hard to argue and honestly can't think of a better front rower in today's game - thoughts...
I was thinking during the game that if you had to only keep one of AFB or Marty what would you do?For me you keep AFB...On another note,I thought Paseka was really good and I do not understand the hate for Boyle,he did what is required for him and will get better.People seem to think that we can keep 6 high priced elite front rowers on the books and live in lah lah land.Boyle fills a role that we need and has shown that when called on to play longer minutes and can do the role without skipping a beat.The Tigers wish that they had one of our 4 front rowers....

I'm a massive fan of AFB.
You forget how young he is.
The competition between him and Kapow is literally priceless, they could keep each other at the top for years.

AFB 83 post contact meters tonight., averaging about 170 and rarely misses tackles. tackles

I was thinking during the game that if you had to only keep one of AFB or Marty what would you do?For me you keep AFB...On another note,I thought Paseka was really good and I do not understand the hate for Boyle,he did what is required for him and will get better.People seem to think that we can keep 6 high priced elite front rowers on the books and live in lah lah land.Boyle fills a role that we need and has shown that when called on to play longer minutes and can do the role without skipping a beat.The Tigers wish that they had one of our 4 front rowers....

Exactly. We're not Melbourne or the Chooks who have an unlimited supply of NRL issue get out of gaol free cards. We can't afford an Origin or Test pack under the salary cap, not if we want quality backs as well.

He's a machine, and I'm sure he's not 100% fit this year either. He's doing a better job of managing the aggression too i reckon. In seasons past he'd undo a lot of good work with stupid penalties and red mist episodes. He still gives the odd one away but he's controlled himself much better this year without losing too much of his aggression and intimidation factor.

Last edited:
The only one I'd even consider swapping him for in Marty, who has played wounded now for several weeks.

Although I am pretty sure he become more destructive than Marty this year.

Last edited:
Bit of a concern to see both AFB and Marty with so much tape around their knees, but the fact they can still play and be effective shows just how high quality they are. They have slightly different styles, lucky for Manly that we have them both. AFB is on the way to being the game's top prop.

Simple answer: Yes. Wouldn't swap him for anyone

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7