The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree. Chez and Burton in the halves, Shuster can ball play at lock, Jake to front row. I also think Peats on a cheap 1 year deal just to fix the defense around the ruck and have Cust train at hooker in off season. Make the Saab swap happen and we would still be about 500k extra in the bank to make a play for serious winger or back rower when the right player comes available.

No offence, and respect your opinions, but not too much of that makes any sense to me other than Peats on 1 year deal.

Even that dopey Griffin can see Saab for Garrick is not a trade.

They interviewed Gus and he said he has not see talent come along like in in a long time, yes cleary is good, Burton could even be better. penrith desperate to keep him, play him as lock but wants to play half and has told manager to go on market. chasing about 400k Players like shuster and burton you could build the future. Would have some serious ball playing skills with DCE, Burton, Faniu, Shuster, Jake.
Next year we are seriously lacking older heads. No Thommo no afb no Boyle. Im all for trying a young kid i just dont know what direction des will go. We need some experience... oh no Aidan tolman popped into my head.... don't do it des! He loved tolman at the dogs. Hahaha

They interviewed Gus and he said he has not see talent come along like in in a long time, yes cleary is good, Burton could even be better. penrith desperate to keep him, play him as lock but wants to play half and has told manager to go on market. chasing about 400k Players like shuster and burton you could build the future. Would have some serious ball playing skills with DCE, Burton, Faniu, Shuster, Jake.
If Burton only wants 400k that is a steal. Make it happen

Pretty sure the money manly were to offer glen had to be reduced due to cherries demand of a contract upgrade mid contract. This upset the camp pretty hard. Cherry was not popular at all. The NRL wouldnt register a small contract that glen was offered based on the paper bag top up theory. Glen went to souths and did a bob fulton and fatty vautin impersonation

Brett was pissed and played accordingly
Keeping the team together for unders with promises for later were lost

I may be wrong BF , pretty sure though

Can anyone else clear this up

Still though the point that cherry will break a contract where he feels he is dudded as opposed to love a contract where others are dudeed is still correct

I suspect DCE wasnt popular because he was smarter than most around him, knew what he wanted and spoke his mind. Wanted good pay (we forget Foran left us for a fortune) Its suggested he was a disruptive element but isn't it just possible that other players believed they should be top dog and DCE was merely asserting his rights for respect, as anyone smart enough and good enough would.

Easy to forget that despite Manly's brilliance in 2007-8, they were on the slide coming in at 5th in 2009 and 8th in 2010. A lot of Manly's subsequent success should be attributed to the fact that DCE added spark and formed a deadly combination with Foran, two of the most important positions on the field as we all know. 2012 came in 4th and one game from the grand final, 2013, played the grand final (DCE gets Clive Churchill Award), 2014 they came in 2nd.

It wasnt until 2015, with injuries, an aging group of players and disharmony developing seriously throughout the club, that the Sea Eagles started to go down hill. For some reason DCE has become the whipping boy as a consequence. And Manly have had a fairly ordinary set out players except the Trbojevics, DCE, Walker, Fainu and Taupau, and Turbo, Walker and Fainu have been out for extended periods. Hardly DCE's fault. He's put in and he's stayed on the field. He's worth a decent pay packet in my opinion

No offence, and respect your opinions, but not too much of that makes any sense to me other than Peats on 1 year deal.

Even that dopey Griffin can see Saab for Garrick is not a trade.
No probs Dylan

What would be your thoughts on the spine next year and the shuster/foran argument? Not a fan of Burton? he has big wraps

Im happy with that. IMO Wing is our most important signing this off season.

Well Now that Forans is coming in to play hooker.
yeah, wing is only important if you can draw players in with good edge-runners and create space for your winger and/or service them with pin-point attacking kicks...
we could have foxx on one wing with Tupou on the other and we would still be relying on barge-over tries...

Its abosoulety crazy to think we as a club are even entertaining the idea of playing foran at 9
Its just DESSIE speak. Ie the bloke getting moved to hooker, hasn't been told he's getting moved to hooker yet.

Just like Foran to Manly. No Definately Not. There is a salary cap. The cap just had not been loosened yet.

What’s the source for that one?
Hi Batty, argh, i got Burton confused with Staines. He wants to test the market and wants to play full back as well. Sources have indicated Staines could stay as long term full back, and penrith want Burton to stay as a ball playing forward but Barrett is keen to get him over to dogs

yeah, wing is only important if you can draw players in with good edge-runners and create space for your winger and/or service them with pin-point attacking kicks...
we could have foxx on one wing with Tupou on the other and we would still be relying on barge-over tries...
Wingers have to also defend tries through defusing bombs, grubbers etc and cover defence. If Dez persists with the up and in defence we need wingers who can turn and cover. I dont see many players running around the outside of JAC. Jorge on the other hand?? They also need to return kicks strongly, get into dummy half and make a hit up. Important position these days. Ideally a modern day winger like Semi would be amazing. Strong, big, fast and can finish a try or make a clean line break out of nothing!

Wingers have to also defend tries through defusing bombs, grubbers etc and cover defence. If Dez persists with the up and in defence we need wingers who can turn and cover. I dont see many players running around the outside of JAC. Jorge on the other hand?? They also need to return kicks strongly, get into dummy half and make a hit up. Important position these days. Ideally a modern day winger like Semi would be amazing. Strong, big, fast and can finish a try or make a clean line break out of nothing!
Agreed but Ben Johnson couldn't recover from the way we have defended this year (rushing in) and I reckon it is the guys inside our wingers who are to blame most of the time (and the coaches)... poor old jorge and rueben are left to hold the sh*tcan after everyone else has had a dump... and jorge-boy has had a pretty decent year under the high-ball and is still a metre eater - he is just too slow playing the ball and slow in general really...

fwiw... I do agree that we need better wingers but they will not solve our stagnant attack that wastes endless opportunities...

Apart from carty who has already been let go any staff members of our club who should be on the purge list ??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4