The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clearly he has too many assistant coaches and trainers.
To be fair Levi was one of our only options

I rate both Morgan Boyle and Harper. So if you count levi as a neccesary evil than it's not bad considering we haven't seemed to have any money. Now he's got some money so hopefully he makes some good choices w/ value for money

So again, you got nothing? Could not even answer the question? Read the post , I'm not defending DCE, I'm saying there is a whole lot the team need to fix, and just replacing DCE with a rookie won't fix it? So who plays there next year?

I have written 9863 pages on this stuff , directly to you over years . I have even told you , that your stats and history have nothing. Whats your point. You sound cranky its Monday. I have explained this often. In fact you have stated many times i say it too much.

Just because i dont offer recruiment tips doesnt mean i cant have an opinion on whats not working. I had a mate who had a dog that bit the mailman, chewed the furniture, dry humped the preacher and pissed on the rug. Tne cat hasnt been seen since. I also told him he Needed a new dog but didnt have a bag full of puppies to replace it with. He was ok with it

30 other poster say the same stuff mate. Dont get Sooky
Sorry if your upset. It wasnt my intenetion really
I do admire your passion for DCE , just dont see it myself

Ps i have no expectations from you

For all the DCE bashing, James you have never come up with a reasonable replacement. Maybe you put Keiran Foran who could last one game, Cust maybe - how would that turn out? Maybe more rookies to play along side Levi and Crocker? Milford? Hunt? Luke Brookes, yeah how would they perform in this side, especially with all the extra tackles they would need to make? You got nothing except whinging every week! The problem is the DEFENCE! You put a cheap play maker in there and it will be so much worse. This year never seen a worse defensive structure, too much running one out, simple errors, cannot defend kicks, DCE cannot finish off a set, cannot hold the ruck, B grade hookers, defence that cannot slide, crazy amount of injuries - but yeah sell DCE and put in a cheap rookie.

Fix the above and it goes along way. DCE needs to go practice his 5th tackle options and be more patient with the ball, hopefully with some help he can be. Tell me a side that has won the comp with only a good half and no spine.

Look at Roosters who have won it last two years - they had Keary and went and spent 2 million on Teddy and Cronk to HELP him and their pack was so good they had Crichton on the bench and Mitchell was their centre. Melbourne before that had a team of rep players. Cronk, Slater, Smith all one 1 million and Munster.

What would you do in 2021. Name the side if you took DCE out
If we genuinely were interested in getting rid of dce we should organise a swap deal with the eels for Dylan Brown. They're stupid enough to take it

To be fair Levi was one of our only options

I rate both Morgan Boyle and Harper. So if you count levi as a neccesary evil than it's not bad considering we haven't seemed to have any money. Now he's got some money so hopefully he makes some good choices w/ value for money
If one of the most shambolic boards in the Tigers can either come up with or at least get involved with a trade that sees Harry Grant come to their club,you know Manly officials have been sitting on their hands

So now it's DCE the team fell apart defensively. It's true though, they have lost self belief, more and more gradually as the season has gone on. They really should of snagged more wins but not to be. I hate DCE contract, it's B.S but I don't blame him for the contract, I blame the club for stuffing it up in the first place. He wanted to stay for 800k remember? He wanted to sign and they pulled it then desperately had to offer that stupid contract! Club stuffed up badly, but what I think is worse, they did it again with the turbos! 1.1 million for Tom and 950k for Jake s crazy high. At least with DCE a chunk is thru TPAs. Wth the turbos they were not going anywhere and would of stayed for less! They are all on about 200-150k too much saving us 500k. But that is the club's fault. DCE didn't knock back offers and demand more. The whole contract situation sucks, but DCE has earned the right to be up there on that high 900- 1 million. But no player is worth more than that and has hamstrunged us big time. It's why the Hoppa thing pisses me off, he has done nothing in 2 years and is demanding more than the 250k WTF. I also think DCE has the skills and leadership to bring us success, but the club has to be very selective in who they sign moving forward and Dez needs to change the structure up in the off season. We can see against the Raiders when the team is playing passionately and not making silly errors and has a healthy squad we can compete and compete well. It's now time to go away over Christmas, get their heads right, get that belief, train hard, new game plan, hopefully some astute buys and come back as a team unit and start playing for one another out on the field

I have written 9863 pages on this stuff , directly to you over years . I have even told you , that your stats and history have nothing. Whats your point. You sound cranky its Monday. I have explained this often. In fact you have stated many times i say it too much.

Just because i dont offer recruiment tips doesnt mean i cant have an opinion on whats not working. I had a mate who had a dog that bit the mailman, chewed the furniture, dry humped the preacher and pissed on the rug. Tne cat hasnt been seen since. I also told him he Needed a new dog but didnt have a bag full of puppies to replace it with. He was ok with it

30 other poster say the same stuff mate. Dont get Sooky
Sorry if your upset. It wasnt my intenetion really
I do admire your passion for DCE , just dont see it myself

Ps i have no expectations from you
I am cranky it's Monday and we lost to the bloody Titans at home!

So now it's DCE the team fell apart defensively. It's true though, they have lost self belief, more and more gradually as the season has gone on. They really should of snagged more wins but not to be. I hate DCE contract, it's B.S but I don't blame him for the contract, I blame the club for stuffing it up in the first place. He wanted to stay for 800k remember? He wanted to sign and they pulled it then desperately had to offer that stupid contract! Club stuffed up badly, but what I think is worse, they did it again with the turbos! 1.1 million for Tom and 950k for Jake s crazy high. At least with DCE a chunk is thru TPAs. Wth the turbos they were not going anywhere and would of stayed for less! They are all on about 200-150k too much saving us 500k. But that is the club's fault. DCE didn't knock back offers and demand more. The whole contract situation sucks, but DCE has earned the right to be up there on that high 900- 1 million. But no player is worth more than that and has hamstrunged us big time. It's why the Hoppa thing pisses me off, he has done nothing in 2 years and is demanding more than the 250k WTF. I also think DCE has the skills and leadership to bring us success, but the club has to be very selective in who they sign moving forward and Dez needs to change the structure up in the off season. We can see against the Raiders when the team is playing passionately and not making silly errors and has a healthy squad we can compete and compete well. It's now time to go away over Christmas, get their heads right, get that belief, train hard, new game plan, hopefully some astute buys and come back as a team unit and start playing for one another out on the field

You know DCE and contracts pisses me off. We signed him on a cheap arse contract because he was unwanted elsewhere. After a season surrounder by brett, glen, foran, jamie lyon he did a hoppa.
How did you feel about that. Was he a prat then

It cost manly our culture that had been built and ultimately looks to be the straw that broke the stewies, choc and foran. Forans unhappiness bit us hard

Now his contract is at the opposite end and there is no way his contract reflects his worth, neither did the cheap arse one . Maybe the team should sit it out until it does.

No one gets it both ways. As a result he needs to man up on field or off. its not his fault they offered him brookie , but it was tragicly unfair when we offered him minimum contract in a battle hardened team . WTF is that

He is the playmaker, of extroardany ilk apparently. He could help the team or he can be a hinderence. I suppose it depends on what you like as afan. I hate high scoring games.40 nil aside

And every year he goes backward

If we ever meet ill buy you a beer but can we talk about fullbacks because its obvious we are poles apart on what a playmaker and top dog is supposed to bring to a team.

Sorry about the wheelie bin. I was being a Smart arse. That wasnt cool. We gave done this to death bud. Enjoy monday

You know DCE and contracts pisses me off. We signed him on a cheap arse contract because he was unwanted elsewhere. After a season surrounder by brett, glen, foran, jamie lyon he did a hoppa.

It cost manly our culture that had been built and ultimately looks to be the straw that broke the stewies, choc and foran. Forans unhappiness bit us hard

Now his contract is at the opposite end and there is no way his contract reflects his worth, neither did the cheap arse one . Maybe the team should sit it out until it does.

No one gets it both ways. As a result he needs to man up on field or off. its not his fault they offered him brookie , but it was tragicly unfair when we offered him minimum contract in a battle hardened team . WTF is that

He is the playmaker, of extroardany ilk apparently. He could help the team or he can be a hinderence. I suppose it depends on what you like as afan. I hate high scoring games.40 nil aside

If we ever meet ill buy you a beer but can we talk about fullbacks because its obvious we are poles apart on what a playmaker and top dog is supposed to bring to a team.

Sorry about the wheelie bin. I was being a Smart arse. That wasnt cool. We gave done this to death bud. Enjoy monday

Err. Glenn Stewart and Watmough leaving had little to do with DCE other than the fact that Manly had two outstanding players coming through in Foran and DCE and were not prepared to offer big money to old soldiers like Glenn Stewart and Watmough (neither survived beyond another year in the NRL). And DCE left before Foran signed a contract with Parramatta. Foran did it for the money not because of DCE

Err. Glenn Stewart and Watmough leaving had little to do with DCE other than the fact that Manly had two outstanding players coming through in Foran and DCE and were not prepared to offer big money to old soldiers like Glenn Stewart and Watmough (neither survived beyond another year in the NRL). And DCE left before Foran signed a contract with Parramatta. Foran did it for the money not because of DCE

Pretty sure the money manly were to offer glen had to be reduced due to cherries demand of a contract upgrade mid contract. This upset the camp pretty hard. Cherry was not popular at all. The NRL wouldnt register a small contract that glen was offered based on the paper bag top up theory. Glen went to souths and did a bob fulton and fatty vautin impersonation

Brett was pissed and played accordingly
Keeping the team together for unders with promises for later were lost

I may be wrong BF , pretty sure though

Can anyone else clear this up

Still though the point that cherry will break a contract where he feels he is dudded as opposed to love a contract where others are dudeed is still correct

For all the DCE bashing, James you have never come up with a reasonable replacement. Maybe you put Keiran Foran who could last one game, Cust maybe - how would that turn out? Maybe more rookies to play along side Levi and Crocker? Milford? Hunt? Luke Brookes, yeah how would they perform in this side, especially with all the extra tackles they would need to make? You got nothing except whinging every week! The problem is the DEFENCE! You put a cheap play maker in there and it will be so much worse. This year never seen a worse defensive structure, too much running one out, simple errors, cannot defend kicks, DCE cannot finish off a set, cannot hold the ruck, B grade hookers, defence that cannot slide, crazy amount of injuries - but yeah sell DCE and put in a cheap rookie.

Fix the above and it goes along way. DCE needs to go practice his 5th tackle options and be more patient with the ball, hopefully with some help he can be. Tell me a side that has won the comp with only a good half and no spine.

Look at Roosters who have won it last two years - they had Keary and went and spent 2 million on Teddy and Cronk to HELP him and their pack was so good they had Crichton on the bench and Mitchell was their centre. Melbourne before that had a team of rep players. Cronk, Slater, Smith all one 1 million and Munster.

What would you do in 2021. Name the side if you took DCE out
DCE isn't considerably better than any other right side half currently. His form doesn't scream "best half in the league", far from it. Some are prepared to make excuses for him, some aren't ...I get that. He's your favourite player and you defend him to the death in every thread, that's admirable. Doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to point out some shortcomings.

However the problem is that there is no up and coming half back in the game that is going to come here and camp behind DCE for 8 years, 8 YEARS !!! That's a whole career for some players. So is it any wonder we don't have any halves depth and any options ?? We'll never know how our team would go if we had signed another half, it's an unanswerable question. However I firmly believe we would be going NO worse, and we'd probably have some extra coin to throw around to boost some other areas. But we've signed the guy to a lifetime deal and in my opinion (clearly different to yours) we have not got sufficient return on that investment, not only in on field consistency but for the knock on effect that it has had in other areas such as squad depth and balance. If he was playing like Joey Johns every week then absolutely money well spent, but he's not.

DCE isn't considerably better than any other right side half currently. His form doesn't scream "best half in the league", far from it. Some are prepared to make excuses for him, some aren't ...I get that. He's your favourite player and you defend him to the death in every thread, that's admirable. Doesn't mean that others aren't entitled to point out some shortcomings.

However the problem is that there is no up and coming half back in the game that is going to come here and camp behind DCE for 8 years, 8 YEARS !!! That's a whole career for some players. So is it any wonder we don't have any halves depth and any options ?? We'll never know how our team would go if we had signed another half, it's an unanswerable question. However I firmly believe we would be going NO worse, and we'd probably have some extra coin to throw around to boost some other areas. But we've signed the guy to a lifetime deal and in my opinion (clearly different to yours) we have not got sufficient return on that investment, not only in on field consistency but for the knock on effect that it has had in other areas such as squad depth and balance. If he was playing like Joey Johns every week then absolutely money well spent, but he's not.
Well im glad he is here for 8 years, been probably our best player every year - including this year and we dont need another half when you have DCE, we haven't filled the 5/8. We have tried like 8-10 players. Shuster is the first in ages that has shown promise.

He was getting MOM performances and was like on 150k. He was off contract the year after, of course he deserved a pay rise! jesus!

Jbb/james and Chip, obviously we have different opinions on DCE which is cool. We all support manly end of day and just want us performing well. If I could see into the future and by selling DCE that brought us success, i would be all for it. I just want to see us winning again. I think DCE can bring us success, hopefully he proves me right. I would welcome the beer and chat James anytime haha

When did he break a contract?

Maybe second year, maybe . In the off season his mananger told us he would be sitting it out unless he got an upgrade mid contract. it was resolved before kick off. Apparently he wasnt attending training or was saying he wouldnt . Its a long time ago so so e of the details are foggy

He was getting MOM performances and was like on 150k. He was off contract the year after, of course he deserved a pay rise! jesus!

Dont have an issue with his request as long as he is prepared to have the same request. In fact he was playing possibly better then .
But if it all about value id suspect its time to have the same chat

Its a long time ago so so e of the details are foggy
OK, fair enough.
So, maybe would have been better to say, "Still though the point that cherry CHERRY'S MANAGER will APPARENTLY SAID HE WILL break a contract where he feels he is dudded as opposed to love a contract where others are dudeed is still correct ALTHOUGH A BIT FOGGY"
:giggle:

Pretty sure the money manly were to offer glen had to be reduced due to cherries demand of a contract upgrade mid contract. This upset the camp pretty hard. Cherry was not popular at all. The NRL wouldnt register a small contract that glen was offered based on the paper bag top up theory. Glen went to souths and did a bob fulton and fatty vautin impersonation

Brett was pissed and played accordingly
Keeping the team together for unders with promises for later were lost

I may be wrong BF , pretty sure though

Can anyone else clear this up

Still though the point that cherry will break a contract where he feels he is dudded as opposed to love a contract where others are dudeed is still correct
That's how it was reported in some circles, doesn't mean it's true of course but where there is smoke sometimes there is fire

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6