The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
AFB reportedly on 850k - 500k for staggs ?? 400k for staines that's 900k - 1ml. We were offering hoppa 250k let him go theres been too much negative issues with his whole contract saga just let him go. Along with other players including elliot, thommo and taufua leaving that should cover hetherington. In terms of may or sailor it may just come down to making some moves to fit one of them in. Or see if one can get a tpa somewhere. I think its could be realistic or at least achievable. Persist with cust at 9 til fainu is back.. just gonna have to. Maybe pay some freight for suli.
1.turbo
2.saab
3.Walker
4.staggs
5.staines
6.schuster
7.dce
8.paseka
9.cust
10.taupau
11.hetherington
12.sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.May
15.Keppie
16.Gosiewski
17.Olakauatu

who plays fullback for 16 of the 25 weeks when Tommy is injured?

My friend... why do we need staggs? We have walker and suli. Plus harper and parker. Your other suggestions i like especially hetherington.. but isn't he a panther next season? Staggs is going to re-sign i swear i read that the other day. Staines would be nice for the right price.. little **** probably thinks hes entitled to more after scoring a plethora of tries in 2 games. Das is the millennial way... this is the way!

Ps 400k for staines? A two game fresh rookie kid? Yeah nah give me saab. We should try to get one of the Warriors wingers preferably fusitua. Tall fast and strong... we can give them a slow ass taufua
Walker is probably on $450k a year which would be sufficient to pinch Staggs

Walker has hardly played the last 3 years and when he does he spends most of his time crabbing across field Staggs has power to bust the defence and also kicks goals

Would take him in a heartbeat and offload Walker to get him

Staines wants 400k a year for 4 yrs. Seems alot now but I reckon in the long run it will be a steal. Look at ponga.. newcastle took a gamble and it payed off. Staines is a gooden trust me
Doesn't he want to play full back. Staines on the wing and full back cover would be nice, we have a surplus of highly paid centres. Walker and Suli on 550 and 600k

Walker is probably on $450k a year which would be sufficient to pinch Staggs

Walker has hardly played the last 3 years and when he does he spends most of his time crabbing across field Staggs has power to bust the defence and also kicks goals

Would take him in a heartbeat and offload Walker to get him
I would too but I dont see why we couldn't have both walker and staggs

Staines has shown a lot of talent in his very short career so far. He's also shown a talent for picking up an injury or four. No doubt as soon as he pulled on the maroon and white he'd spend most of his time on crutches, chatting with Tom in the rehab ward while our third-string fullback - who now seems to be Funa - played the majority of the season.

Too much one out running, and it's ineffective!

That and when we do make a good run, so slow to stand and play the ball! Slow to react to a break, slow to react to defend a kick. Just lacked energy and passion an playing hard consistently for 80 mins. Our structure in defence needs to change, ok to jam up, but then need to cover up and slide. We cannot slide ATM.

Also just too many simple errors. We gift opposition too many points. We play well for periods and get on top, but then just give it away
The one out running and not having players push up on the lead runner with any real intent/enthusiasm to ever be an option at the line has always been an area of concern. The other issue we also had last year with Fainu and Api(and years before) is that their passing lacked variety, most passes were short and just hitting the lead runner---with Levi there was more lateral variety but we didn't see the benefits of that variety due to a busted squad lacking forwards running hard and in numbers.

My original reply was more focused on the variety and thought processes required after all the hard work like the above has been achieved and how DCE can better deliver the high risk faceball passes and execute better under pressure---too often his passes and kicks in the redzone look more like a rushed forced all or nothing play.

Defensively way too many teams go into autopilot mode and rush up and in like there is no tomorrow. This may have worked a decade or so ago when the skillset of players in the passing and kicking departments was more limited(easier to read), and the line running of the outside backs and backrowers in those days had less thought and variety behind it. Now there are far more options on offer due to a higher skillset on display and better attacking structures with more effective running lines, it is way too easy to induce errors from "overly rushing up and in".

As will always be the case the inside defenders have to work harder from slowing the play the ball in the right ways, to rushing out of marker and helping with numbers so the outside defenders feel less inclined to "rush out of the line" to snuff out and read the play. A busted and disjointed squad with way too many changes in the lineup will always struggle in this department but it should still be better than what is on display at present.

Let’s hope the purge goes right this time. The (unnecessary) purge of 2015 created big problems for the club which we are still recovering from
I think we also backed some of the wrong horses under that purge and the T. Barrett years.

Not only did we go tap out to dce and fall on our knees to keep him here, trent barrett then arrived and decided that he would try turn dce into a dominating, organising halfback which I place as one of his most costly mistakes. Still today, dce is not a step closer toward becoming that type of half, I hope Schuster/Foran's presence next year allows dce to be the 5/8 he always has been. Also, Tbaz established Jake as our third halfback and set up an attacking structure that not only featured Jake increasingly but also relied too much on offloads and individual spark/evasion from players like Api, Tommy Trbo and Walker rather than structured attack. That's why I remember being pissed off when Matt Parcell was sold to England while we retained Api Koroisau. Never was sold on Api with us because he wasn't a playmaker, he was an attacking opportunist in a time where we needed (and still need) playmakers. Good quality player but not the right fit unless he stayed on the bench like he did in 2019 and played that type of attacking-punch role.

So many mistakes from 2015, but we are in a position where many can be fixed during this offseason.

I must be the only one concerned ... that of the total of 4 players Des has recruited in 2 years .... 3 of them are already being purged .... not a great strike rate ...
Clearly he has too many assistant coaches and trainers.

Gee dce sets a weak mental attitude by whinging and milking for penalties, I'd put him high up the purge list now. Constantly got drawn in again while defending today, costing us plenty of overlaps (although good one on one tackles when he positioned himself well). Short AND long kicking game is a few years expired now and his attack is down to random individual plays, fluke plays and barge-over short passes to forward plays. All talk no action, effort - yes - but im sure he is a hypocrite to the critiques he makes on our team during his arrogant little team huddles he runs.

Obviously dce won't be purged because he has sold everyone the myth that he is a great leader (due to his eloquence and team huddles around him) but obviously he hasn't set any standards since around 2014 when our senior players became less prominent. We are so temperamental and have been ever since we assembled the core of this side in 2016. That's because in reality it is lead by and dominated by players that don't lead by example, and don't have the mental toughness to develop a durable, consistent rugby league team. How many chances has dce had? How many halves partners? Im over him and his teacher's pet persona.

Fainu can save us sure, but even if the core of this side ever won a premiership over the next two or so seasons it would be off the back of a well-timed run and need luck. We have been talking about a lack of mental toughness for YEARS now. While last year we showed crazy resilience at times, we also showed (and moreso this season) that this lack of mental toughness is still a very big part of the squad we have. I don't think Des is to blame for that aspect of our side.

If you want a real halves pairing for 1/4 of the price then I would invest in something like this halves pairing for 2021...

Schuster to 7, Foz/Burton to 6. Obviously if foz we should sign someone like Burton anyways as a succession plan. Won't happen but ** im over dce and his bull**
Dce out

Thats a big hell yeah from me. But you have now joined a list that many on silvertails call dribblers because if dce had a better 6 , 9 and 1 , a better pack, faster backs , 3 marvel characters , iron mans suit , oceans 11, and the one ring to rule them all he would
Be able to reach his potential.
I suspect he already has reached it

The mere peasants in jerseys are holding him back because he plays footy 8 levels behind decent playmakers because he is in the matrix. Thats why people who evaluate his game cant comprehend his service

He is just a misunderstood talent of talent and nobody supports this demon playmaker. In fact considering the work he does its a disgrace he doesnt get paid more

Besides if you listen to the experts like blocker, ginane and gasnier they all say he goes good.

Welcome to the silvertails **** list harry smith

Thats a big hell yeah from me. But you have now joined a list that many on silvertails call dribblers because if dce had a better 6 , 9 and 1 , a better pack, faster backs , 3 marvel characters , iron mans suit , oceans 11, and the one ring to rule them all he would
Be able to reach his potential.
I suspect he already has reached it

The mere peasants in jerseys are holding him back because he plays footy 8 levels behind decent playmakers because he is in the matrix. Thats why people who evaluate his game cant comprehend his service

He is just a misunderstood talent of talent and nobody supports this demon playmaker. In fact considering the work he does its a disgrace he doesnt get paid more

Besides if you listen to the experts like blocker, ginane and gasnier they all say he goes good.

Welcome to the silvertails **** list harry smith
Like you said James, they are the experts, you are obviously NOT

For all the DCE bashing, James you have never come up with a reasonable replacement. Maybe you put Keiran Foran who could last one game, Cust maybe - how would that turn out? Maybe more rookies to play along side Levi and Crocker? Milford? Hunt? Luke Brookes, yeah how would they perform in this side, especially with all the extra tackles they would need to make? You got nothing except whinging every week! The problem is the DEFENCE! You put a cheap play maker in there and it will be so much worse. This year never seen a worse defensive structure, too much running one out, simple errors, cannot defend kicks, DCE cannot finish off a set, cannot hold the ruck, B grade hookers, defence that cannot slide, crazy amount of injuries - but yeah sell DCE and put in a cheap rookie.

Fix the above and it goes along way. DCE needs to go practice his 5th tackle options and be more patient with the ball, hopefully with some help he can be. Tell me a side that has won the comp with only a good half and no spine.

Look at Roosters who have won it last two years - they had Keary and went and spent 2 million on Teddy and Cronk to HELP him and their pack was so good they had Crichton on the bench and Mitchell was their centre. Melbourne before that had a team of rep players. Cronk, Slater, Smith all one 1 million and Munster.

What would you do in 2021. Name the side if you took DCE out

For all the DCE bashing, James you have never come up with a reasonable replacement. Maybe you put Keiran Foran who could last one game, Cust maybe - how would that turn out? Maybe more rookies to play along side Levi and Crocker? Milford? Hunt? Luke Brookes, yeah how would they perform in this side, especially with all the extra tackles they would need to make? You got nothing except whinging every week! The problem is the DEFENCE! You put a cheap play maker in there and it will be so much worse. This year never seen a worse defensive structure, too much running one out, simple errors, cannot defend kicks, DCE cannot finish off a set, cannot hold the ruck, B grade hookers, defence that cannot slide, crazy amount of injuries - but yeah sell DCE and put in a cheap rookie.

Fix the above and it goes along way. DCE needs to go practice his 5th tackle options and be more patient with the ball, hopefully with some help he can be. Tell me a side that has won the comp with only a good half and no spine.

Look at Roosters who have won it last two years - they had Keary and went and spent 2 million on Teddy and Cronk to HELP him and their pack was so good they had Crichton on the bench and Mitchell was their centre. Melbourne before that had a team of rep players. Cronk, Slater, Smith all one 1 million and Munster.

What would you do in 2021. Name the side of you took DCE out
Is it possible that DCE is a very good player who has not responded well to the captaincy and, for that matter, is not captain material (ie a natural leader)?
It happens.

Like you said James, they are the experts, you are obviously NOT

Pretty sure DCE is going on holidays at seasons end. I can see your playing your way into taking his wheelie bin out when he is gone. Maybe if you keep pumping up his tyres he will let you clean his gutters
Happy days simon
Take a selfie with his bin for me

Pretty sure DCE is going on holidays at seasons end. I can see your playing your way into taking his wheelie bin out when he is gone. Maybe if you keep pumping up his tyres he will let you clean his gutters
Happy days simon
Take a selfie with his bin for me
So again, you got nothing? Could not even answer the question? Read the post , I'm not defending DCE, I'm saying there is a whole lot the team need to fix, and just replacing DCE with a rookie won't fix it? So who plays there next year?

What would you do in 2021. Name the side if you took DCE out

When your running bottom 8 continually i would use the money to spread talent throught the team. Just about every half on half his coin offers the same results without the airy flairy bits

How good did fogerty go on the weekend. I think pressure would get us over the stripe as often as DCE and his whatever he does can

Regardless of what the NRL calls try assisst

I have often said DCE has a place pissibly if the team has respect for him at 750 but not at gazillion bucks because it affects his playing partners . A team leader he is not, with actions or calmness that a 7 needs
Our team could graft out wins if we had a kicking game, believed in pressure and the ball got spread to outside backs more than 3 games a year

for mine its not about who you replace him with as much as the realisation he is not fit for purpose . His need to speed the game up when the team is clearly struggling due to not having the ball, field position or building pressure for 963 weeks in a row and that is costing us

For mine he needs to adapt the game to 16 other players as opposed to the squad adapting to his thing that he does

Just curiously. The team fell apart defensively in about round 10. Before then they were a committed , resilliant team . What changed is self belief in my opinion. He can instill that as the premier halfback of the game as quoted by simon , blocker and GAZ

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4