The pride jersey round.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just talking about now, plenty of kids up here in Bris walking around in Broncos and Titan jersey's. I'd say the games in a pretty healthy way atm.
Sure...and I'd agree. I don't think we are struggling for enough new fans to replace the old and the fanbase is still growing without these (woke?) initiatives. But I do think those running the game don't just want it to survive the want it BIGGER than ever and there are plenty involved at clubs that want to prove that they can do just that.
Edit: There are kids wearing Titans jersey's.....really.......like....really???? Oh man....that's just heartbreaking

Unfortunately I think most of it is just a marketing exercise to entice more spectators and viewers, rather than a sincere approach. I am totally in favour of the indigenous round and the ANZAC round, as they celebrate relative things in our game and our history.

I have never thought that Rugby League has excluded anyone, race, religion, disability or sexual preference, so why do we have to have a round that says RL is inclusive, when it always has been?

Next thing you know we'll have a damn 'Mothers Day' round and all mums will receive a rose and each player will have a photo of their mum on their jersey, and a 'Fathers Day' round and each player will have a photo of their dad on their jersey, and dads all get a free beer (okay, that sounds pretty cool)!

If the NRL are serious, then I am happy to make it about raising money for a worthwhile charity, like breast cancer, which too many women suffer from, or a children's disease, and all money raised during that round its supports the cause. This whole thing about inclusion is just topical and opportunistic.

Now, don't get me wrong about my support of those who are different to me, as of the 6 males in our family, I and my son are the only ones who are not homosexual, and those who are they think something is wrong with us (LOL). I love them all!

Religion is about numbers , dollars and recruitment.
In the case of USA tele-evangelists, you may have a point.

It may be more helpful then to separate 'religion' from 'faith'.

Religion (Religio - Wikipedia ), according to the definition, doesn't sound that unique; 'broad social obligations towards anything including family, neighbors, rulers, and even towards God'. The 'choose carefully' definition may be more apt.

Perhaps 'faith' - a personal understanding and commitment may have more appeal; unless you've already equated it with 'lobotomy victim' or 'moron'.

Religious institutions - of all kinds and creeds, on the other hand, have indeed made a mountain of horrible mistakes. Usually by disobeying exactly what they profess.

Sure...and I'd agree. I don't think we are struggling for enough new fans to replace the old and the fanbase is still growing without these (woke?) initiatives. But I do think those running the game don't just want it to survive the want it BIGGER than ever and there are plenty involved at clubs that want to prove that they can do just that.
Edit: There are kids wearing Titans jersey's.....really.......like....really???? Oh man....that's just heartbreaking
That's cruel, my nieces boyfriend is a Titans fan, but wears a Manly jersey when we go to Manly games at Suncorp, but draws the line wearing a Manly jersey at Manly v Titans home games. Forgot to add, my niece is a hard core Manly fan..lol.

Now, don't get me wrong about my support of those who are different to me, as of the 6 males in our family, I and my son are the only ones who are not homosexual, and those who are they think something is wrong with us (LOL). I love them all!

In the case of USA tele-evangelists, you may have a point.

It may be more helpful then to separate 'religion' from 'faith'.

Religion (Religio - Wikipedia ), according to the definition, doesn't sound that unique; 'broad social obligations towards anything including family, neighbors, rulers, and even towards God'. The 'choose carefully' definition may be more apt.

Perhaps 'faith' - a personal understanding and commitment may have more appeal; unless you've already equated it with 'lobotomy victim' or 'moron'.

Religious institutions - of all kinds and creeds, on the other hand, have indeed made a mountain of horrible mistakes. Usually by disobeying exactly what they profess.
I thought i did. Maybe it wasnt as clear as it could be but i tried to make the distinction

Im may be an old Eagle, but why do we have to celebrate anything or anyone. Indigenous round, women in league round, pride round...what about Captain Cook Round, maybe White peoples round...it juts goes on and on and on. They have there Nadoc week, they have their Mardi Gras celebrations etc etc etc. Just play god dam footy and leave the politics to the others. Sick of it all.

Nailed it @Frogz, looking up to footballers or footy clubs as leading lights will only end in disaster (as we know firsthand!)

I'll start by saying I don't have any answers, but changing dates, changing flags, wearing rainbows blah blah blah blah is just 100% tokenism. It's like when they roll old "Uncle" out for Welcome to Country, it's yeah yeah get out of the way and let us play sport in this massive stadium we built. Yeah yeah sure sure it's your land, always was, always is yeah yeah shhhh they're about to kickoff the game!

Post in thread 'Christian Jersey For Easter' Christian Jersey For Easter

I think someone at NRL HQ has been reading my posts. I accept acknowlegement in the way of free season tickets, or cartons of wild boar 15%ers to my nominated address.

From today's telecrap .. THE RESPECT ROUND

ARL commission chairman Peter V'Landys said the game is still investigating the introduction of a respect round, but distanced head office from the idea of a Pride round.

"We were always looking at a respect round"

"What a respect round is, is that it respects everyone's views. We might not agree with them, but we respect them"

"So if we were going to do anything, we were going to do a respect round. It wasn't going to be a Pride round because then you alienate other people."

We pride ourselves on being an inclusive game. To be an inclusive game you have to respect everyone's views"

Coaches Poll.
42% of coaches said they would encourage their players to wear a pride jersey.
42% of coaches said they would be unwilling to do so.
The remainder chose not to answer.
Probably shouldn't be a surprise but disappointing anyway. We don't want to alienate any homophobes, god forbid.

Probably shouldn't be a surprise but disappointing anyway. We don't want to alienate any homophobes, god forbid.

The NRL simply isn't ready for a Pride Round. The reality is, that it's extremely unlikely it will be ready for some time to come. It is what it is. It's time to move on.

Yes, it's an extremely bad look for the sport, however the abortion that was the Manly 2022 inclusivity initiative has almost singlehandedly put the concept back a number of seasons.

It's not something to be proud of in my opinion, and those that choose to gloat in the shortterm, may well regret their stance in the longer term. Particularly, in relation to a further narrowing of support for the game amongst both the female and younger audience.

PS. WTF is a respect round? V'Landys is really clutching at straws with this idea

Last edited:
Move on the 7 along with the Reggie's who wouldn't play in their spot,I hate that there's a spot for bigots in our club wearing our jersey, start with the world's smallest prop Josh A'homophobe
That’s the spirit! Utilise all that righteous intolerance and resentment as you’re cause is no doubt the most just! Btw don’t forget the pitchforks!

That’s the spirit! Utilise all that righteous intolerance and resentment as you’re cause is no doubt the most just! Btw don’t forget the pitchforks!

When some people comment ... you just know you are on the right side ... haha

When people finally realise that this is not an anti gay issue ... and stop trying to force their will upon other people ... by abusing, shaming, excluding and discriminating against people for their beliefs, the sooner there will be a sustainable outcome ..

Dessie said the 7 were within their rights ... and supported them
The Basketball Taipans said the players were within their rights and supported them,
The Ice hockey players teams and fans said he was within his rights and supported him .
V'Landys said .. "We pride ourselves on being an inclusive game. To be an inclusive game you have to respect everyone's views"

And meanwhile ... some still think it is all about homophobia ...

When people finally realise that this is not an anti gay issue ... and stop trying to force their will upon other people ... by abusing, shaming, excluding and discriminating against people for their beliefs, the sooner there will be a sustainable outcome ..

The Basketball Taipans said the players were within their rights and supported them,
The Ice hockey players teams and fans said he was within his rights and supported him .
V'Landys said .. "We pride ourselves on being an inclusive game. To be an inclusive game you have to respect everyone's views"

Game set and Match

This Debate is over !

Ditto!
Like aspects of fundamental religion we have proof unfortunately ideology can be just as myopic. 😁.

Just too many mixed messages when the inclusiveness concept is bought into play and even more so in the sporting arena . All N R L sides partaking or none at all . Just not worth the hassle and repercussions , plenty of other social avenues and mediums to promote or acknowledge various social issues

When people finally realise that this is not an anti gay issue

100% it is about homophobia. That's the only thing it is about.
It is one thing to be resigned to the fact the current NRL bosses have decided its too hard.
But the way you and Red Pill are actually celebrating this news really says a lot.

100% it is about homophobia. That's the only thing it is about.
It is one thing to be resigned to the fact the current NRL bosses have decided its too hard.
But the way you and Red Pill are actually celebrating this news really says a lot.
Homophobia perpetuated by individuals who are 100% responsible for their beliefs and free from any external influence. Or homophobia perpetuated by a bigoted and hateful belief system that is tied to the same individuals' culture and identity?

Interesting. Although the Mormon church takes a dim view of same sex relationships within its congregation, it is supporting the same sex marriage act in the US. I wonder if this will filter through to the Mormon church in Australia? I know the Fainus are Mormons and it's likely several of our other Islander players are Mormons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4