The Positives and the Negatives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just listening to Zorba this morning he mentioned the below questions needed to be asked of the club:

Why is Jorge Tafua chosen on the left wing each week when he is a target by every club... the last three weeks there have been seven tries scored down that side, not all his fault... but it's time for a change.

Spoke about Schuster again. Said he’s 6’3 and over 100kg so is physically ready and should be given a go.

Why has it taken Haumole so long to be given a go this year.

Why has Morgan Harper been brought over early yet can’t make the 21 man squad.

Last edited:
Just listening to Zorba this morning he mentioned the below questions needed to be asked of the club:

Why is Jorge Tafua chosen on the left wing each week when he is a target by every club... the last three weeks there have been seven tries scored down that side, not all his fault... but it's time for a change.

Spoke about Schuster again. Said he’s 6’3 and over 100kg so is physically ready and should be given a go.

Why has it taken Haumole so long to be given a go this year.

Why has Morgan Harper been brought over early yet can’t make the 21 man squad.

zorba not wrong someone gotta be asking some questions sure dessie got great hair but he aint god answer the bloody question dessie

Okay, so 3 positives and 3 negatives

POSITIVES
1. Paseka - I've always like him but maybe I have more patience then some on here. Always had the tools but still developing. By no means the finished article yeah but he is really starting to show some potential. It is exciting.
2. We fought - We made it hard for ourselves with silly mistakes and were also up against a penalty count and a massive injury count. But we kept coming.
3. Experience - Cust, Keppie, Paseka, Gauc getting minutes that will only help them in the long term.

NEGATIVES
3. Silly basic errors - So frustrating!!! Basic dropped balls, kicking out on the full, lacklusture bombs to their in goal with no pressure.......we really didnt help ourselves.
2. Garrick - As a steady winger I have no issue with Garrick but christ stop playing him at fullback.
Beyond that yesterday was not a great game. Those two kicks out on the full really hurt.
1.Jakes penalties - I can't 100% tell if it is Jakes ill discipline or if he is on the refs tip sheet our what? Probably a combination if both and all I hear from the ref all game is "Jake moooove" and half the time the tackle hasn't been completed.
Either way we need it sorted.

Last edited:
Okay, so 3 positives and 3 negatives

POSITIVES
1. Paseka - I've always like him but maybe I have more patience then some on here. Always had the tools but still developing. By no means the finished article yeah but he is really starting to show some potential. It is exciting.
2. We fought - We made it hard for ourselves with silly mistakes and were also up against a penalty count and a massive injury count. But we kept coming.
3. Experience - Cust, Keppie, Paseka, Gauc getting minutes that will only help them in the long term.

NEGATIVES
3. Silly basic errors - So frustrating!!! Basic dropped balls, kicking out on the full, lacklusture bombs to their in goal with no pressure.......we really didnt help ourselves.
2. Garrick - As a steady winger I have no issue with Garrick but christ stop playing him at fullback.
Beyond that yesterday was not a great game. Those two kicks out on the full really hurt.
1.Jakes penalties - I can't 100% tell if it is Jakes ill discipline or if he is on the refs tip sheet our what? Probably a combination if both and all I hear from the ref all game is "Jake moooove" and half the time the tackle hasn't been completed.
Either way we need it sorted.

I think you are right regarding Jake - He is obviously on the ref's tip sheets, so he's going to have to potentially change how he works defensively in the ruck. On Jake as well, whilst others have been pretty critical of his game yesterday, i thought he was quite good. Again huge defensive workrate with 51 tackles and 0 missed, plus he gave that great line break assist to Taniela who set up DCE for that second try. Yes he pushed the pass which resulted in an intercept to Pearce towards the end of the match, but I thought he worked non stop.

Again with some of those other attacking elements around him, notably Tom and Manase I think his form is completely different this year. At the moment there is very little attacking threats to work with in the middle of the field.

I think you are right regarding Jake - He is obviously on the ref's tip sheets, so he's going to have to potentially change how he works defensively in the ruck. On Jake as well, whilst others have been pretty critical of his game yesterday, i thought he was quite good. Again huge defensive workrate with 51 tackles and 0 missed, plus he gave that great line break assist to Taniela who set up DCE for that second try. Yes he pushed the pass which resulted in an intercept to Pearce towards the end of the match, but I thought he worked non stop.

Again with some of those other attacking elements around him, notably Tom and Manase I think his form is completely different this year. At the moment there is very little attacking threats to work with in the middle of the field.

This is the problem though.

Jake had a good game yesterday, if you take away the restarts/ penalties.

Unfortunately, he undoes the good work in setting up a try, by then costing us a try with a ridiculous restart on tackle 4, only 5 metres out from our goal line.

This has been a consistent theme with Jake since the new rules were brought in, and he desperately needs to adapt over the off season.

And maybe he could make less tackles, if he gave away less restarts......

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6