Positives:So it is no suprise to anyone here that often after a loss silvertails proclaims the world is ending and often after a win we are marching towards a premiership.
I've always been an advocate of a bit more of a balanced view so wanted to try a thread where weekly regardless of a win or loss we look at 3 positives and three negatives from the game (maybe posted the day after when emotions have died down)
Hopefully it is something we can get going and please don't jump on board if after a loss or a win you going to go the cheap joke and list 1.nothing 2.nada 3.zilch in the opposing category
So after last night.
1. Youth staking their claim - Olakau'Atu was immense imo and is a must in the 17 moving forward. I am also enjoying Funa's development and think he should replace Taufua next week.
2. DCE - No doubt coming back from lockdown DCE was out of form but I think the last 2-3 weeks he has really picked up and is looking a lot better. Long may it continue as we need him.
3. The brave 1300 - I think I heard the crowd was around 1300. Good on them as the weather was horrific.....they deserved a win but sadly didn't get one.
1. Taufua - I love Jorge, I really do. He brings a lot of heart and soul to the club and he does have his strengths. Sadly though his weaknesses are being constantly exploited by other teams and I think it is time he is dropped for Funa.
2. Dummy half service especially Croker - It really cant be underestimated how much we miss Fainu. So many times last night in attacking areas DCE and Cust were reaching back or up to catch balls from the dummy half especially when Croker was on....not sure the solution here as we are thin but it needs to improve.
3. Schoolboy errors - It would be easy to blame the weather last night but it has been happening from the restart. We may be short on troops but the basics shouldnt be lacking.
Okay have at it all, 3 of each, what stood out to you?
The pathways system, Turning out some good junior footballers in first grade.
Recruitment/ Retention team: locking down Guaca and Paseka, finally getting good minutes to show their abilities.
Morale and confidence is down in several players, something not right.
Non selection of Albert over Elliot,
Picking Waddell over Guaca on the left edge , Cust and Guaca have a good combination.