The person whose really at fault with the Dce issue.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Firstly I think Daly comes across as a good genuine kid sadly despite the grandstanding in the media at the moment his manager hasn't done the right thing by him.

As a Manager signing a young player to a 3 year contract wouldn't you negotiate clauses for upgrades if your clients was a) part of a premiership winning side and b) plays international or origin football.

DCE is earning what he is ATM because Orr has failed him sadly for manly Orr with a few friends in that toilet paper the telegraph have deflected the blame on manly.

It's an attempted power play. Worse case situation Dce leaves in 2014 because hes under contract DCE doesn't want to go any where Orr is just a grub.

My advice to Daly would follow SBW and issac Luke's lead and sack this goose.

Spot on Cambo. It seems DCE's rise caught Orr by surprise as well so it is hypocritical for him to blame the club.

I am sure Manly are trying to do the right thing by the kid. I just hope they get it sorted SOON.

Orr reportedly said "No one wanted DCE two years ago".
Crap.
DCE is now into his 4th year with Manly. He played Toyota Cup in 2009, Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles in 2010, and with our premiership winning team in 2011.
Manly took a punt on this kid four years ago, and it's worked in everybody's favour. Come the end of 2014 he'll be able to command a huge salary, but he should consider the early years as an apprenticeship . . . just like many of us have had to do.

As soon as I saw that Orr was the manager I understood why this had turned into such a sh*tstorm.

Orr make the mistake of signing him to a dud 3 year contract, and now he describes its as unacceptable?

What if the shoe is on the other foot? E.g. Northern Eagles sign Kimmorley for 3 years @ 500K and one year in say "This contract is unacceptable, your form is poor, we only want to pay you 250K now"

I sense that he wants to stay at the club - like its been said the manager has the ego and is obviously in his ear.

If manly can get somewhat close to the mark i hope DCE thinks of his manly mates the club and fans and also success of the side and make his own decision. His manager wont be out there training everyday or on the field taking a hit up its cherry that will be in the new enviroment which he may not like, DCE has to make his own mind up about were he wants to be - hope its manly!!

Look I'll take the blame. I was talking to a mate about it on Facebook last year, and I think that's where it all stems from

I blame DCE.

He chose Orr.
He signed the contract.
He needs to live with it.

All parties involved seem to be doing their respective jobs. Orr is just using the substantial leverage that his client has to try & get an extension sorted ASAP, putting extra pressure on MWSE by leaking details to contacts in the media, as is his job. If he weren't doing that then it's unlikely that DCE would be one of his clients for much longer.

I think he wants to stay at the club but as Cambo said his manager ****ed up and is trying to get him the deal he should have got for him in the first place. He has played for Aus now and will probably be in the Qld team (unfortunately) but apparently there were no incentives in his contract for those eventualities.

Cambo said:
Firstly I think Daly comes across as a good genuine kid sadly despite the grandstanding in the media at the moment his manager hasn't done the right thing by him.

As a Manager signing a young player to a 3 year contract wouldn't you negotiate clauses for upgrades if your clients was a) part of a premiership winning side and b) plays international or origin football.

DCE is earning what he is ATM because Orr has failed him sadly for manly Orr with a few friends in that toilet paper the telegraph have deflected the blame on manly.

It's an attempted power play. Worse case situation Dce leaves in 2014 because hes under contract DCE doesn't want to go any where Orr is just a grub.

I understand that they asked for options were told to take it or leave it

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Cambo said:

I understand that they asked for options were told to take it or leave it
Risky when you think back to the time he was re-sign the club had just lost Trent to the dogs.

bob dylan said:
I blame DCE.

He chose Orr.
He signed the contract.

your right it falls back on him.

But, how is this going to affect him, knowing that he is being underpaid by such a large amount. If it affects his form that wont serve Manly's interests.

His form shouldn't suffer as if it did, so does his worth. I'd think that the club can come up with a decent arrangement and he'll stay. I wouldn't want the club to pay overs.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
bob dylan said:
I blame DCE.

He chose Orr.
He signed the contract.

your right it falls back on him.

But, how is this going to affect him, knowing that he is being underpaid by such a large amount. If it affects his form that wont serve Manly's interests.
Legally it is a case of he signed it he should deal with it.
But morally it would be wrong not to upgrade him. We find money now and we could have him for ever. We don't and we have him under duress for 18 months and he'd gone.

Managers get a cut of your salary for the duration of the contract even if you never speak to them after signing. They are generally money hungry spineless little grubs. The more their stable of players earn the more they earn. All clubs should offer players 10%more if they don't have an agent and the 10% should not be in the salary cap.

Cambo, 100% of what you stated is correct however most of the blame needs to rest with the NRL. Clubs build their salary cap spend around what they agree on current contract negotiations. If you have contracts that are incentive based you then need to factor in that you can either not spend your total salary cap or try to offload other players to retain the players you want. I see it as a no win situation.

The NRL needs to jump on this and take the lead and allow clubs some leeway on this type of scenario where a player becomes an Australian test representative or state of origin player in their 1st or 2nd year of the NRL then a salary cap exemptions needs to apply for contract upgrades mid contract.

The exemption should only apply to the current club the player plays for and the club must then align its cap within a 2 or 3 year period. If a rep player chooses to go to a new club then that new club shouldl lose the exemption.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2