The Owners speak

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So in your opinion it’s just getting us to 2019 and see what happens ???

By the way I don’t have an opinion, we seem to be heading to something I’m just not sure what!
Feels like we are treading water at the moment off the park.

I know results have not been good but there has been a fair drop off in marketing activity since the start of the year

Feels like we are treading water at the moment off the park.

I know results have not been good but there has been a fair drop off in marketing activity since the start of the year
I wonder how much money has Manly spent trying to fight the salary cap penalties? My estimate, a bloody large amount of money.

Which is understandable because the penalties (from memory) include $750,000 fine - which would come off our NRL allowance - which would in turn have to be made up by the owners making up the difference if our expenditure remained constant.

Also, our COO (or whatever he is) is suspended for the salary cap bust, I assume Manly is still paying him, and if so there is at least one reason they have been stalling in replacing him, let alone in hiring more staff (as allegedly promised to Barrett).

Who really knows the full extent of the damage flowing from the salary cap debacle? Surely it is massive.

I’ve always thought that they saw an opportunity with the sale of the Leagues Club and cashed in.

I do think they love the club but money is their main concern.

In my opinion they’d want only 3 games a year at Brookie and then cash in with 6 games at the new Sydney stadium and take 3 money earners to Perth, Brisbane and maybe New Zealand or Central Coast.

If this came to fruition, they would possibly break even and not have to fork out too much money and maybe even get into the black occasionally.

I would agree we should take more games away from Brookie but still have 6 there. We can’t compete playing in front of 8000 with the exorbitant rent we pay.

If the Penns were fair dinkum about redeveloping Brookie, something would’ve been done by now....even if it was to replace all bench seats with bucket seats and fixing amenities like food outlets, toilets etc. There’s $22.5 million sitting there an not one cent has been spent.

Their only plans for redevelopment include an apartment tower where the Fulton/Menzies stand is with a shopping centre underneath. Another way for them to make money.

Manly fans just want an upgrade with seating and facilities and it’s what we deserve.

I just hope he does sell to someone that has had a connection with the club like past sponsors or a consortium that have Manly at heart.

If he keeps us, I can see in a couple of years there being a Football Club vote to take more games away from Brookie with maybe a threat of them pulling out if we don’t agree.

Can only see this situation getting very messy in future.

All just my opinion and no inside information.

Uncle Zorba dragged these non NRL people the Penn’s into the Club as financiers all because he was sacked by the Club. They recouped their outlay by selling the Leauges Club. Without any income to support the yearly expenses, apart from the fans, they want too bail. We are totally forked, unless someone comes along with very deep pockets. Very very sad.
I'm not here to defend the Penns, but get your facts right, first of all the Penns bought into the club around 2005/06 about six years before Zorba was sacked in 2011.
The Leagues Club was virtually providing no funds at all to the Football Club at that time, the fact that several years later on, the Leagues Club sold their property to the Penns, because they were basically trading insolvent and were to be perhaps put in administration if they didn't sell, the Penns didn't force them to sell, if in hindsight it was a bargain?, then good luck to the Penns for having the foresight to buy it.
I totally disagree with some of the feeling on this board that they shouldn't whinge about losing so much money on the Sea Eagles when they made a killing on the Leagues Club sale,
these two are unrelated, as the Leagues Club has no longer anything to do with the Sea Eagles, and besides, the land sale was a one off, whereas the Sea Eagles still bleed money year in, year out.

I’ve always thought that they saw an opportunity with the sale of the Leagues Club and cashed in.

I do think they love the club but money is their main concern.

In my opinion they’d want only 3 games a year at Brookie and then cash in with 6 games at the new Sydney stadium and take 3 money earners to Perth, Brisbane and maybe New Zealand or Central Coast.

If this came to fruition, they would possibly break even and not have to fork out too much money and maybe even get into the black occasionally.

I would agree we should take more games away from Brookie but still have 6 there. We can’t compete playing in front of 8000 with the exorbitant rent we pay.

If the Penns were fair dinkum about redeveloping Brookie, something would’ve been done by now....even if it was to replace all bench seats with bucket seats and fixing amenities like food outlets, toilets etc. There’s $22.5 million sitting there an not one cent has been spent.

Their only plans for redevelopment include an apartment tower where the Fulton/Menzies stand is with a shopping centre underneath. Another way for them to make money.

Manly fans just want an upgrade with seating and facilities and it’s what we deserve.

I just hope he does sell to someone that has had a connection with the club like past sponsors or a consortium that have Manly at heart.

If he keeps us, I can see in a couple of years there being a Football Club vote to take more games away from Brookie with maybe a threat of them pulling out if we don’t agree.

Can only see this situation getting very messy in future.

All just my opinion and no inside information.
The redevelopment of Brookvale Oval has nothing at all to do with the Penns, as they do NOT own the ground, it's owned by The Northern beaches Council, and this redevelopment talk has been going on for over ten years now and nothing has happened,except for a few artists impressions in the Manly daily every once in a while, so don't hold your breath.

I'm not here to defend the Penns, but get your facts right, first of all the Penns bought into the club around 2005/06 about six years before Zorba was sacked in 2011.
The Leagues Club was virtually providing no funds at all to the Football Club at that time, the fact that several years later on, the Leagues Club sold their property to the Penns, because they were basically trading insolvent and were to be perhaps put in administration if they didn't sell, the Penns didn't force them to sell, if in hindsight it was a bargain?, then good luck to the Penns for having the foresight to buy it.
I totally disagree with some of the feeling on this board that they shouldn't whinge about losing so much money on the Sea Eagles when they made a killing on the Leagues Club sale,
these two are unrelated, as the Leagues Club has no longer anything to do with the Sea Eagles, and besides, the land sale was a one off, whereas the Sea Eagles still bleed money year in, year out.

Just to correct the highlighted point.

LC does still lease the Club at 600k pa from the Penn Group
----
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...d/news-story/31f7102327598b432ad53888f058ff5c

Manly Warringah Leagues Club hoping to stay put in Brookvale after site sold
Fiona Brady, Manly Daily
March 3, 2015 4:49pm

Manly Warringah Leagues chairman Ian Thomson says the club is already negotiating with the new owners of the club site in the hope it can stay in Brookvale.

The Manly Daily reported yesterday the leagues club building and its carpark had been sold to Chinese developers by owner Scott Penn, who also owns the Sea Eagles.

The new owners will not take possession of the building until next year and the leagues club has a lease until May 20, 2019.

https://manlyleagues.com.au/annual-report/

After 51 years of supporting MWSE, I have a bad feeling about all this. So sad. All that club history and culture . . a dying thing . . . If we get the spoon, I fear it will mark the beginning of the end.

4 things need to happen to bring us back from the brink. 1. Fortress Brookie reno. 2. Penn's gone. 3. TB gone, and replaced by a (any) Manly player (Des or Geoff or Beaver or . . . . ). Someone who can inspire the players. Attendances will then rise. 3 or 4 games at Gosford ? OK fine, whatever. Then the fans will lift the players .. . . . . .

MAAAAANNNLLLLYYYYY MANNNNNLLYYYYY MAAAAANNNNNNLLYYYYY

My biggest concern is it appears we are on the way to an end game.

And what that end game actually is no one other the owners really know.

And sadly we are simply pawns in the middle with zero influence, and as ZtH has said “ sausage roll eating nufties”.

We might have a voice on social media but at the end of the day, we are meaningless!!

Mark by no means am I having a go at you mate, I respect your views and really value them.

We shouldn't take that attitude.

Would Souths still be in the NRL if their supporters just rolled and thought they were sausage roll eating nufties?

We really need a groundswell of people making a lot of noise with their opinions if we want some sort of change.

People power can change and influence outcomes, we just need to wear the bastards down.

Just to correct the highlighted point.

LC does still lease the Club at 600k pa from the Penn Group
----
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n...d/news-story/31f7102327598b432ad53888f058ff5c

Manly Warringah Leagues Club hoping to stay put in Brookvale after site sold
Fiona Brady, Manly Daily
March 3, 2015 4:49pm

Manly Warringah Leagues chairman Ian Thomson says the club is already negotiating with the new owners of the club site in the hope it can stay in Brookvale.

The Manly Daily reported yesterday the leagues club building and its carpark had been sold to Chinese developers by owner Scott Penn, who also owns the Sea Eagles.

The new owners will not take possession of the building until next year and the leagues club has a lease until May 20, 2019.

https://manlyleagues.com.au/annual-report/
How can theybe leasing it from the penn group if they already sold it as everyone on here always talks about?

Mark by no means am I having a go at you mate, I respect your views and really value them.

We shouldn't take that attitude.

Would Souths still be in the NRL if their supporters just rolled and thought they were sausage roll eating nufties?

We really need a groundswell of people making a lot of noise with their opinions if we want some sort of change.

People power can change and influence outcomes, we just need to wear the bastards down.

I love your last sentence!!

I disagree re: the CCoast.
Singleton did his best to kill the NE franchise with his narrative of a "Sydney takeover"....and not much has changed since in terms of community sentiment as far as I can see.
Either everyone has a team already, or will never support a transplant.

The Mariners are struggling, Roosters are on the way out in the local league.
The coast is too "Sydney centric" to support a fulltime team imo.
I see more Sea Eagles stickers on the Coast than any other team. Not selfishly advocating a move - just tellin' it like it is.

I’m not buying into any of this slimy crap. They new exactly what they were getting when they bought the club.

1. Training facilities are fine
2. Back office and executive a mess
3. The ground (see above). Which by the way has been sanctioned as NRL level.

Enough of the excuses and diversionary tactics.

@Mrs D it’s great that you’re on this forum and all that but in another thread you complain about the penns saying stuff about you and max and then in the next breath talk about extra marital affairs and scandal of the penns. Just take the moral high ground. You don’t need to say any of it. It’s just mud. It comes across as hypocritical.

To me (and forgive me if I’m wrong) it seems like the only reason you are here is because you have an axe to grind.

All of this he said she said ego driven garbage which has gone on for years is ruining our club. You have a right to feel all these things and I don’t presume to know what happened behind the scenes but I support manly not an owner.

I don’t want my footy team to continue to be ripped apart by gossip and garbage. The war is over. Max lost. Make peace with it and move on. You’re only hurting yourself and supporters of this great club by continuing the gossip and mud slinging
Arghhhh!!! He strikes again!
I joined this forum after being asked to give my opinion so I did just that.

Max lost nothing!

Max won 2 premierships and the hearts of many supporter that’s all he ever set out to do and he achieved it.

Gossip and mud! Really?!?!
None of which I said was either it was factual.

I will continue to post as I wish at my own discretion. No lurker will ever stop me posting what I feel is relevant. No axe to grind as I join in with many conversations without talking about the Penns. When I see a post about them I need to respond to, I will! Just like everyone else is entitled their opinion also. 9/10 people say the same things as me.

So again I post my feelings and opinions on this topic.

That being karma!

You rubbish other people continuously, karma gets you back. They not only bagged Max but everyone in the club. Feeding lies and fallacies to journalists to benefit their own ego. Funny how life goes in many turns.....

It really ****s me that these grubs,ripped the heart & soul out of the Club,because of a vendetta. Now they are blaming the fans for not showing up to watch a mediocre,poorly coached,very poorly managed Sea Eagles side.
All that is happening to this once great club, started with their clean out of Toovey,Singe & staff. Zorba & The Penn’s can spin all the ****e they want.
Yep it’s always someone else’s or something else’s fault! Always has been

Arghhhh!!! He strikes again!
I joined this forum after being asked to give my opinion so I did just that.

Max lost nothing!

Max won 2 premierships and the hearts of many supporter that’s all he ever set out to do and he achieved it.

Gossip and mud! Really?!?!
None of which I said was either it was factual.

I will continue to post as I wish at my own discretion. No lurker will ever stop me posting what I feel is relevant. No axe to grind as I join in with many conversations without talking about the Penns. When I see a post about them I need to respond to, I will! Just like everyone else is entitled their opinion also. 9/10 people say the same things as me.

So again I post my feelings and opinions on this topic.

That being karma!

You rubbish other people continuously, karma gets you back. They not only bagged Max but everyone in the club. Feeding lies and fallacies to journalists to benefit their own ego. Funny how life goes in many turns.....
Ok. Whatever floats your boat. Old saying. “Holding a grudge is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies”.

Enjoy!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10