The one 'winner' (if there is one) out of this.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mosto

I have a well known member
Premium Member
Ian Roberts.

What a class individual. He could have easily gone on a rant....or withdrew from the whole scenario. Instead, he has shown respect for the beliefs of the players involved whilst advocating for, and sympathising with, those struggling with their own sexual identity, or feeling excluded from the game.

The club needs to seek him out in a role of some description.

The club let him down, they used him as a political and financial pawn and in the end no one comes out of it smelling like roses.
Instead it’s left a bloodbath.

If it was done collaboratively within the whole organisation it could’ve been a lot better outcome. Maybe not a jersey in the end but I’m sure all could’ve compromised to do something just as meaningful.

Ian Roberts.

What a class individual. He could have easily gone on a rant....or withdrew from the whole scenario. Instead, he has shown respect for the beliefs of the players involved whilst advocating for, and sympathising with, those struggling with their own sexual identity, or feeling excluded from the game.

The club needs to seek him out in a role of some description.
Ian Roberts needs to sit down and share with the 7 and whoever else may have reservations (no matter how minor) about the inclusion concept.

I guess, it’s too bad our club doesn’t have an inside track to contact, Roberts 😞

I'd also like to see @Dan page view count. Hopefully he has made something out of this bizarre and disturbing episode.
I can dig them out, I don't spend a lot of time on analytics but we do have GA running, I suspect the views went up but because we are running channel ads there isn't a huge correlation between page views and income

Not sure Pointsbet have come out too flash, they have been pounded rightly so for their dirty cash.

I much preferred the dirty cash of URM!
Sure its not positive for Pointsbet but that matters little.

A gambling org will always have negative connotations.

There name getting repeated and seen over and over is still fantastic for brand recognition.

I'd also like to see @Dan page view count. Hopefully he has made something out of this bizarre and disturbing episode.
Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 1.19.08 pm.png

Theres a months worth of activity for you. Shows posts, threads and users. Never mind the dip at the end, it just hadn't collated the stats for that day yet.

What you can see is that the Active Users remains fairly consistent, threads remain fairly consistent, then we have post peaks. The peaks usually correlate to game days as we see more activity just before, during and after the game. It also shows there was a slightly higher peak in posts across the last few days but nothing astronomical. Active users remains fairly consistent though.
Because we work on an AJAX based posting system more posts does not equal more page views its the same page and doesn't get reloaded. That means that whilst the site was more active than normal weekdays it did not equate to any significant change in advertising revenue slightly higher, but in the realm of maybe $1 extra over that day than normal days.

Advertising is pretty fickle and certainly doesn't bring in any money that makes much of a financial difference, it helps me tickover the site and keep things running without having to dip into my pocket too often, it also lets me plan future investments in infrastructure for the site too for things like backup services so I can ensure continuity without too much lift as I have had to do in the past. I am currently considering investing more heavily in cloudflare or CDN's to further improve the site speed and always looking to up our capacity too though the investment I made earlier this year seems to have us stable for a few years as long as I stay on top of log rotation etc.

I also do selective sampling of data from the site through session capture as well and may invest further in that as I want to understand user journeys on the site and improve the overall experience.

Edit: I just had a look at the GA stats rather than site stats, and this shows an uptick of about 10,000 page views on the 26th of July vs our normal peaks. Interestingly the site stats on pageviews run almost like a heartbeat for game days, steady peak and trough

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 9.44.59 am.png

Last edited:
I don't understand this hating on Pointsbet.
Gambling is legal and it's up to individual responsibility.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6