The NRL Finals Series - 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Only been to one English football premiership game , Chelsea v Liverpool.
Made the mistake [ unknowingly ] of wearing a blue cardigan jumper in part of a stand of mainly Liverpool supporters .
Crowd was quite vocal then at one stage a firebomb sailed over my head towards the playing ground.
Don 't think that it was directed towards me , well i certainly hope that it wasn 't
Bit of a concern being caught up in the ruckus after the game with the crowd controllers and police trying to separate the rival supporter groups heading for the tubes .
Almost got crushed at one stage , certainly memorable

Only been to one English football premiership game , Chelsea v Liverpool.
Made the mistake [ unknowingly ] of wearing a blue cardigan jumper in part of a stand of mainly Liverpool supporters .
Crowd was quite vocal then at one stage a firebomb sailed over my head towards the playing ground.
Don 't think that it was directed towards me , well i certainly hope that it wasn 't
Bit of a concern being caught up in the ruckus after the game with the crowd controllers and police trying to separate the rival supporter groups heading for the tubes .
Almost got crushed at one stage , certainly memorable
I've always wondered why soccer matches incite such violence among spectators, in many countries. It's rare that you hear about such tribal violence in rugby, rugby league, AFL, American football...
I've heard theories that it's because soccer is such a 'passive' sport with so few highlights/goals that the tension mounts to a fever pitch and explodes when someone scores, but this can't be the sole reason.
Any insights into the reasons?

It's seriously been the most uninspiring finals series. Knights were no chance yesterday. Warriors and Storm no chance next week. They'll get lapped. It's daylight between Penrith, Broncos and the rest. The NRL has some real serious inequality issues it needs to deal with.
The AFL is sh*thing all over the NRL in the quality of it's finals games and the fact their draft enables struggling clubs to have a chance to climb up the ladder.

Dylan Walker ... honestly I wish we still had him.

AFB too.....
I wish we'd kept Dylan too and it was unfortunate he left, against his will.

AFB, on the other hand, would've been great to keep but he didn't want to be here and I doubt he would've played as well if he'd stayed. Imo it's not worth keeping a player who isn't happy and he's obviously happy back in NZ.

I'm sure it's been mentioned but what a massive loss AFB has been.

I reckon if he and Manase were still here in 21, Des probably would have got us the premiership that year

Would have been great to have kept A F B but apparently now on some one mil bucks at the Warriors . Even if he could somehow have been retained he would have still commanded 900 k or so , Jake is on something similar , Haumole soon some 800 k or thereabouts according to some reports .
Shu , on some reports 650 k , others a bit more ,
Bit difficult one would think to be able have all of them . Still would not swap Haumole , Jake has to be an integral part of the side for a host of reasons .
Was always going to be a bit of a downgrade replacing A F B with Alioia but unfortunately not to the extent to date
what's the use crying over spilt milk, AFB didn't need much persuasion to go back home, wasn't all about money. And Walker, sure, he's actually staying on the park longer these days but with us he was either injured, suspended or in trouble with the cops. Good on him now, but at the time was more than happy to say sarinarra.

what's the use crying over spilt milk, AFB didn't need much persuasion to go back home, wasn't all about money. And Walker, sure, he's actually staying on the park longer these days but with us he was either injured, suspended or in trouble with the cops. Good on him now, but at the time was more than happy to say sarinarra.
Just that Manly has briefly saw the benefit of Lodge really making a difference in a bit of ruck dominance , . Paseka does well too when he is on the park but A F B is a real force when he clicks into top gear
Realize that there were other factors influencing A F B to leave but seriously would have been so much better on all probabilities for Manly "s cause if A F B was still in Manly colors .
Guess that a simple equation or proposition could be say swapping Alioia "s and Tuilagi "s contract amount in then accommodating A F B "s general value these days or previous seasons .
Then Lodge is on the scene now , not as valuable as A F B but fit and firing has shown he can go well too so guess that everything is relative .
In Walker "s case and his role at Manly , probably could only justify some 350 k or so , maybe a bit less , Warriors offer would have been a not inconsiderable increase on that ,

As much as it sticks in throat to say you've got to hand it to the Storm. Been in finals for the last 20 years except when they were done in 2010. 9 of the last 10 prelim finals. 4 GFs since 2016. They have completely left us eating dust since 2013.

Just that Manly has briefly saw the benefit of Lodge really making a difference in a bit of ruck dominance , . Paseka does well too when he is on the park but A F B is a real force when he clicks into top gear
Realize that there were other factors influencing A F B to leave but seriously would have been so much better on all probabilities for Manly "s cause if A F B was still in Manly colors .
Guess that a simple equation or proposition could be say swapping Alioia "s and Tuilagi "s contract amount in then accommodating A F B "s general value these days or previous seasons .
Then Lodge is on the scene now , not as valuable as A F B but fit and firing has shown he can go well too so guess that everything is relative .
In Walker "s case and his role at Manly , probably could only justify some 350 k or so , maybe a bit less , Warriors offer would have been a not inconsiderable increase on that ,
As always Al, your on the money again, you have dissected and forensicaly explained the true details of why we let go of some and keep others. Think in AFBs case he made up his mind of going over the ditch before we even tabled an offer to him. And Walker, 50 50 in the minds of Manly supporters on weather he stays or goes.

As much as it sticks in throat to say you've got to hand it to the Storm. Been in finals for the last 20 years except when they were done in 2010. 9 of the last 10 prelim finals. 4 GFs since 2016. They have completely left us eating dust since 2013.
And that is in large part because Manly’s equivalent of Bellamy - Des Hasler - was stuffed around by the vindictive Penn clan, more than once.

Manly were on the cusp of a golden era in 2008, but the relative harmony at board level was soon interrupted by off-field manoeuvres to get rid of Delmege.

It’s a tribute to Hasler’s strength of character as a coach and man manager that Manly won another title in 2011. However that period and the years since could have yielded so much more.

It pisses me off so much watching everyone go off about a knock on that got missed in the first half of the Storm vs Roosters game.

If it was us it wouldn’t have even got a mention but no it’s the protected species Roosters and apparently it cost them the game.

Last edited:
It pisses me off so much watching everyone go off about a knock on that got missed in the first have in the Storm vs Roosters game.

If it was us it wouldn’t have even got a mention but no it’s the protected species Roosters and apparently it cost them the game.
Tomato head had to put this in first up in his presser, probably garnishes the sympathy vote that he craves. Although nothing said by tomato head about the whack on Whites chin near the end to put Melb in front with only mins left in the game..

Once again the clowns at NRL HQ have no idea. Logic would say go to Comm bank stadium but when has logic ever been a part of NRL thinking. Hope to see plenty of empty seats and showcase what a joke this organisation is.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8