The no punch rule.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
wedgetail eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
The AFL also give you points for missing...
Haha, true.
when I see a score, eg. 10-15-75. So, In effect, they've missed the goal 15 times!
And they say it's a game of skill.

g'day all,I'm an old leaguie who's never played afl and thought that their game was nothing more than blokes wearing tight shorts and glorified knock ons, but over the years I've become a big fan and appreciate the toughness,skill and fitness required to play their game.I find it a vastly superior spectacle to union,soccer and even league if the eagles aren't playing and their commentators leave the ch9 blokes for dead.
cheers mike

MadMarcus said:
Killer03 said:
Adam Blair is an absolute A grade tool. This is another guy who has done nothing....for how long now?? 2012 he went to the Tigers so is into his 3rd season and has done nothing and he wants to start verballing and niggling after winning a couple of games.

The NRL don't ever seem to anticipate issues with their rules. No punching, so we then have this niggle etc. If a player stays down there will be a replay for any kind of head contact which will result in a penalty....however this leads to players staying down to exploit this rule and then we scream bl***y murder that the game is becoming like soccer.

STOP CHANGING THE GAME!!

What changes should they make to fix this? ;-)

I realize that post is a touch sarcastic, but we need to take a leaf out of Tooves book earlier in the season when he implored the NRL to stop tampering with the game so much. Some change is good, and sometimes completely necessary, but I just find the NRL was reactionary under Gallop.....now I think we should take him back. He was nowhere near as reactionary as the new lot.

I find their melees particularly exciting...
Melee:
"An incident involving three or more Players and/or officials who
are grappling or otherwise struggling with one another and which, in
the opinion of the field Umpire or any other person authorised by the
relevant Controlling Body, is likely to bring the game of Australian
Football into disrepute or prejudice the interests or reputation of the
relevant Controlling Body or the competition(s) conducted by that
Controlling Body."
Riveting stuff.

mike walker said:
Wishful thinking I knowbut if a bloke has something derogoratory to say to you he should at least get a smack in the mouth for it.
cheers mike
Couldn't agree more, and an elbow to the throat should be the minimum for anyone who can't spell derogatory (or at the very least a spit in the eye)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2