The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Whilst it’s a lot of money , can you imagine the **** show we’d have if we played hard ball???

They have paid him $400k this year and will have probably budgeted $800k for this year.

Pay the extra $400k now.

Then it’s $66k a year for the next 3

Peanuts

Directly from the NRL website.

At least 24 Top 30 players must be contracted by 1 November, 28 Top 30 players by the Monday prior to Round 1 and 30 Top 30 players by 30 June (or the first working day thereafter if 30 June falls on a weekend).

Something doesn't add up.
There were 28 of the 30 contracted prior to round one, Fulton moved on and now Schuster, they have met the criteria but I don’t know the details in duration after a player moves on the club are obligated to fill the position.

Four spots to fill by June 30 though now.

I don't blame the club for signing The Shoe. I saw him as a rare talent and I would have been gutted had he been poached. However, the club paid 25% too much for his contract, which should have included performance incentives such as breaking into representative teams.
Obviously my opinion has been proven wrong. The Shoe will probably never reach his potential at NRL level. He's among a lot of young talent who were overpaid and underachieved.

Pay $999,997 now, and $1 a year for next 3 years.

I’m loving the fake OMG headlines: $ 1 million dollars!!!!

It was no big deal when it was 400 this year (already paid) then 200 for next 3 years.

Now all of a sudden it’s a million dollar headache!!!!

The previous approach of paying young blokes and their families top dollar from age 14 to 18 seems like madness in hindsight. Manly had to get more professional. Good money after bad.

Whilst it’s a lot of money , can you imagine the **** show we’d have if we played hard ball???

They have paid him $400k this year and will have probably budgeted $800k for this year.

Pay the extra $400k now.

Then it’s $66k a year for the next 3

Peanuts
Agree Mark. This would have perhaps got messy in court and Manly might have had to pay him all or most of the contract out if it went Schuster's way. We just don't know.

At least now Manly can move on.

I think also will find our leader and halfback will be taking a fair bit less in 2025, but there are a few upgrades to consider including Brown and lodge for starters, so it's still a case of getting it right in the recruiting area and I feel the squad we have today can challenge for a premiership or very close to it.

I dont think des would of extended shoe in the first place in my opinion. I think he saw alot many chose not to in playing foran over him.
It was a perfect validation of Des' approach of keeping up and comers on the sidelines for long periods of time to the frustration of the fanbase.

I think that the club has handled this well! They have proven with Des if they want to get tough they will.

Better to pay schuster overs IMO than have a disenfranchised playing group. We don’t want another jersey gate, we want the players to be happy, we want a happy team environment, and we want players contemplating coming to Manly feeling that they won’t be ripped off.

Just sayin’

Pay $999,997 now, and $1 a year for next 3 years.

I’m loving the fake OMG headlines: $ 1 million dollars!!!!

It was no big deal when it was 400 this year (already paid) then 200 for next 3 years.

Now all of a sudden it’s a million dollar headache!!!!
What it is, is a million down the drain and then some, doesn’t matter how you apportion it, anyway wish him well where ever he ends up, time to start a new thread on who to buy, the new look news!

If I was Josh I would have requested nothing going forward. I'd have said, I have done nothing to earn this money. I'll take the 400k you've paid me so far this year, which is 4 times the yearly salary of the nurses working in our NSW hospitals, and be on my way. Please do not pay for anything else, because I do not deserve it. Thanks for showing faith in me and letting me pursue my dreams but I understand that any further payments are basically theft.

If I was Josh I would have requested nothing going forward. I'd have said, I have done nothing to earn this money. I'll take the 400k you've paid me so far this year, which is 4 times the yearly salary of the nurses working in our NSW hospitals, and be on my way. Please do not pay for anything else, because I do not deserve it. Thanks for showing faith in me and letting me pursue my dreams but I understand that any further payments are basically theft.
If I was Josh I'd say a deals a deal - pay up matey.

I think a lot of people forget the salary cap concessions for long term players. We do better than most teams in this department so the $200k imputation on the cap is nothing when we still have a larger cap to spend on than say the bulldogs who have no players longer than 3 years with the club. The veteran cap allowance is $300k for players 8 years or longer with the club in the top 30.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8