The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can anyone post the article?

NRL 2024: Josh Schuster granted immediate release from Manly Sea Eagles​

Manly Sea Eagles have granted Josh Schuster an immediate release from the club, despite extending the $800,000-a-season backrower last year.
Michael Carayannis and David Riccio

less than 2 min read
April 10, 2024 - 1:44PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

6 comments

Josh Schuster is stuck in reserve grade at Manly. Credit: NRL Images.

Josh Schuster is stuck in reserve grade at Manly. Credit: NRL Images.

NRL

Don't miss out on the headlines from NRL. Followed categories will be added to My News.
Unfollow
Manly have given permission to Josh Schuster to leave if he can find another club.
Schuster is in the midst of an $800,000 contract but has been languishing in reserve grade.
The back-rower has struggled in NSW Cup after an indifferent pre-season.
Coach Anthony Seibold confirmed Schuster was free to leave at the end of the season.
“We have given him permission to find another club,” Seibold said.
It is understood Sea Eagles officials believe Schuster would benefit from a fresh start and the decision is purely performance-related.
Schuster, 22, is contracted to the Sea Eagles until the end of 2027, having extended his deal in June last year.
He reluctantly pulled out of Manly’s NRL season opener against South Sydney in Las Vegas after an off-season plagued by chickenpox, finger surgery and an ongoing calf complaint.
Schuster was meant to be Manly’s long-term five-eighth, but struggled to nail down a starting spot.
Josh Schuster is free to negotiate with rival clubs. Picture: NRL Imagery

Josh Schuster is free to negotiate with rival clubs. Picture: NRL Imagery
Following Luke Brooks’ off-season arrival from the Wests Tigers, the Sea Eagles transitioned Schuster, at 106kg and 185cm, to an edge forward role.
However, coach Anthony Seibold has preferred Haumole Olakau’atu and Ben Trbojevic as his first-choice back-rowers.
Even though Trbojevic has been named in the centres this week as a replacement for Reuben Garrick (concussion), Corey Waddell has been elevated to the starting spot.

More Coverage​

Robbo: Celebrating Jennings’ 300th ‘not disrespectful to women’
‘Angry’: Dropped Souths star details Demetriou axing meeting
Schuster was not even in the 22-man squad to take on the New Zealand Warriors in Auckland on Saturday afternoon.
Instead, he will play lock for NSW Cup feeder club Blacktown against the Warriors in the curtain raiser at Go Media Stadium.
More to come...

Misleading titles from the Telelies.

Colour me shocked.

"Manly have given permission to Josh Schuster to leave if he can find another club."

Coach Anthony Seibold confirmed Schuster was free to leave at the end of the season.
“We have given him permission to find another club,” Seibold said.

The question is who would risk getting Josh. I'm sure all coaches/recruitment would've been watching and waiting to see how he performs at BWSE. It's obvious he has struggled even in reserves and seems disinterested.
I think his manager is going to have a hard time trying to talk him up to any club.

The question is who would risk getting Josh. I'm sure all coaches/recruitment would've been watching and waiting to see how he performs at BWSE. It's obvious he has struggled even in reserves and seems disinterested.
I think his manager is going to have a hard time trying to talk him up to any club.
Dragoons are the obvious…

Can someone conduct a welfare check on @XV-1 please?

I honestly think this is the best thing for the kid… his pathways are blocked since Brooks arrived and that has had a big impact on his state of mind (as it would)

On top of the Titmus death, jersey-gate, injuries, friends leaving etc etc

A fresh start is gonna do him the world of good and, sadly, I am sure he will come back to haunt us in a big game down the track…

strangely I would be OK with that though - best of luck to the kid, I really hope it turns around for him…

Flannos a hard task master. He won't put up with Josh's laziness. Doubt he'll go there, but who knows.
Yep but he knows Schu and he currently has an ordinary 6 who would possibly make a decent 14… but then it IS his kid sooo maybe Schu could slot in at lock?

Anyways… they have money, need a 6 and a lock, and reports are that Fulton is heading there… which is why I think they are the “obvious”

Is it coincidence, or timing with the Cook dropping? Maybe Seibs has had a chat. He was his coach at the vermin was he not?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10