The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It’s only round 2 and it’s his very 1st hit out as he’s missed half of the offseason and no trial under his belt.
I see a world where come finals time he will be our strike weapon off the bench to add a point of difference. If we can get him fit and firing for September he could prove the difference in a very tight affair.

This is definitely a work in progress.

I totally agree. He just needs game time, confidence and match fitness.

Seibs is going to have an interesting scenario when Sips and Lodge are back.

No doubt injuries will occur which will create opportunities, however, where and how do they all fit in?

Aloiai was good, Paseka was good, Bullemor was good, Burbo was good, Lawton was okay and Waddell fulfilled his role. Nathan Brown for me just adds that mongrel we need.

So who drops out to accommodate Lodge (he has to be there), Sips and Schu?

I think Schu plays another two games in Reggie’s to get match fitness and if his form in Reggie’s deserves it, he comes in off the bench. Sips is due back round 4, and unless there are injuries, he should also come back through Reggie’s. Lodge maybe also, if he is available after round 5, both Sips and Lodge just need to get match fitness and you don’t get that on the training paddock.

Waddell is definitely to be one reserve who drops out and maybe also Lawton, however, we still have one more space to create for Schu to feature and Bullemor is adding heaps with his leg speed.

I think it will come down to injuries, and that will determine where the Schu fits.

I totally agree. He just needs game time, confidence and match fitness.

Seibs is going to have an interesting scenario when Sips and Lodge are back.

No doubt injuries will occur which will create opportunities, however, where and how do they all fit in?

Aloiai was good, Paseka was good, Bullemor was good, Burbo was good, Lawton was okay and Waddell fulfilled his role. Nathan Brown for me just adds that mongrel we need.

So who drops out to accommodate Lodge (he has to be there), Sips and Schu?

I think Schu plays another two games in Reggie’s to get match fitness and if his form in Reggie’s deserves it, he comes in off the bench. Sips is due back round 4, and unless there are injuries, he should also come back through Reggie’s. Lodge maybe also, if he is available after round 5, both Sips and Lodge just need to get match fitness and you don’t get that on the training paddock.

Waddell is definitely to be one reserve who drops out and maybe also Lawton, however, we still have one more space to create for Schu to feature and Bullemor is adding heaps with his leg speed.

I think it will come down to injuries, and that will determine where the Schu fits.
I'm hoping we can get to the point where Siebold is able to rotate the forwards to help keep them fresh across the season. Once Lodge and Sipley are back I think we will have the cattle to pull that off.

Thing is with Schu at his best is that he adds somethng to the team that is otherwise lacking ( except for maybe Turbo and a little with DCE). That is the UneXpected. The present line up is quite impressive with two top tier halves, clever speedy centres, one explosive winger, an outstanding full back, two mongrel forwards in Brown and Lodge, two giant powerful forwards with growing skills in Olakau'atu and Paseka, a rising star in Burbo, solid hooker and some fine backup forwards. Power, speed, clever skills. Good combination to build on.

But Manly relied on the clever uneXpected players to add that next dimension. Fulton, John Gibbs, Phil Blake, Cliff Lyons, Jamie Lyon. DCE has some elements of it but the one thing to reach the next level for a side is to create uncertainty in the defensive structure of the opposition. Those type of players break a oppositions composure. They may have flaws in other elements of their game, but if you ever saw how for example John Gibbs could just turn a game on its head in a few magical plays, you'd appreciate the benefit.

Schuster has that talent, and thats why I remain hopeful about him. He could be that final piece of the puzzle that gets Manly to the top. As I've said, he may become a turkey. But having someone with that potential is worth persisting with.

Schuster did play the full 80, and didn't do anything outstanding but if I remember correctly there was no errors from him, Parker played and scored a try early in the second half. I am a big fan of Schuey and do believe it will take a few weeks before he is considered for first grade, assuming he will be challenging for Waddell's bench spot, Schuey definitely offers more off the bench than wads as long as he can stick to the basics and not try to out do himself.
So did Parker play right edge?

Most of the time he just appeared to be disinterested, however, maybe that’s the way he always looks, or appears to look.
Has always had this “disinterested” swag about him… just seems to lollygag about the place between plays and generally come across as having a massive “meh” to him…
I am convinced it is just his nature/personality but I also think it has played a large part in creating a perception that he does not care… you hear the bloke talk and he seems really invested in the team and succeeding but his body mannerisms are just checked out…

Schuster is playing at lock in NSW Cup.

I wonder if this is going to be a long term switch if at full strength, given Ben's doing very well on the edge?
Jake to the prop rotation. Older he gets.. probably not going to be able to go 80. Aloiai and Lodge off the bench in the rotation. I hope Shu can return and stay due to good form. Its in his hands now. probably on his last chance at Manly.

I like the move.
How to get Schu involved, focused, and applied throughout the contest? How to force his hand re his fitness? How and where to fit him in a tight side playing well without him? Put him in the middle where one can't hide, where poor attitudes are easily exposed...
sink or swim time.
Alternatively, this could serve as the catalyst for something great. Come on Joshie boy, will you rise to the challenge?

Jake these days has to be prop, just like he is for NSW or when selected for Australia. The only reason he has been at 13 at Manly is because we’ve had no one of his ability to replace him there.

It’s up to Schu to convince Seibs he can fill the 13 role and Manly gains, rather than loses, by shifting Jake to prop.

If the Schu fits, the team can wear it. 😂😂😂

It’s only round 2 and it’s his very 1st hit out as he’s missed half of the offseason and no trial under his belt.
I see a world where come finals time he will be our strike weapon off the bench to add a point of difference. If we can get him fit and firing for September he could prove the difference in a very tight affair.

This is definitely a work in progress.
Yeah I too worry about a chip and chase or a no look pass when it’s 12-12 deep into a prelim final.

Every time I want to bag him I stop myself. I put myself in his shoes and I think about him watching his best mate die right in front of him. He went through the inquest this Summer all of that has to have had an impact on his mental health and maybe he's not in the best head space for playing footy?

Every time I want to bag him I stop myself. I put myself in his shoes and I think about him watching his best mate die right in front of him. He went through the inquest this Summer all of that has to have had an impact on his mental health and maybe he's not in the best head space for playing footy?
The fact is that he had injury set backs and has not been able to train and that also has had a major impact .

Is he in the best head space for playing footy you ask @Wombat64 ?
Our club is giving him all the assistance and opportunity to succeed on the field
but in the end it is all up to the Shu
So its watch this space ....

In conclusion
Sht will happen to every one as its is part of life
How individuals deal with it is part of their character make up
Soldiers come home from war after seeing their best mates head blown off and their brains sprayed every where . Some Soldiers lead a normal life and others mental state and head space is stuck for ever in their own warzone and struggle for life

This photo Epitomizes The Great Never Say Die Anzac Spirit and Heroes of our Nation
We Will Remember them
Lest we forget :h:
1710838158130.png

The fact is that he had injury set backs and has not been able to train and that also has had a major impact .

Is he in the best head space for playing footy you ask @Wombat64 ?
Our club is giving him all the assistance and opportunity to succeed on the field
but in the end it is all up to the Shu
So its watch this space ....

In conclusion
Sht will happen to every one as its is part of life
How individuals deal with it is part of their character make up
Soldiers come home from war after seeing their best mates head blown off and their brains sprayed every where . Some Soldiers lead a normal life and others mental state and head space is stuck for ever in their own warzone and struggle for life

This photo Epitomizes The Great Never Say Die Anzac Spirit and Heroes of our Nation
We Will Remember them
Lest we forget :h:
View attachment 26402
Do you proof read before you post?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8