The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Confirmed today:

Schuster will return from injury this week in NSW Cup:

Josh Schuster will officially play this weekend for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles, "Josh will play reserve grade this week," Seibold confirmed.

"He is right to go, he passed his last running session on Saturday.”

"But because he hasn't played any trials and has had a disrupted preparation, we want him to play reserve grade in the back-row.”

"Josh had a calf injury but before that he had a spiral fracture in his finger and before that he had chickenрох.”

Confirmed today:

Josh Schuster will officially play this weekend for the Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles, "Josh will play reserve grade this week," Seibold confirmed.

"But because he hasn't played any trials and has had a disrupted preparation, we want him to play reserve grade in the back-row.”

"Josh had a calf injury but before that he had a spiral fracture in his finger and before that he had chickenрох.”
Thank you for posting feathered friend .
Given the circumstances , The NSW cup is the right pathway to the Schus return to the NRL
Game fitness levels , NRL playing standards and NRL selections are not given they are Earned

Confirmed today:

He's fit to go, but this seems to be the sensible thing to do rather than putting him in a near sellout presure cooker at Brookie on Sun. Let's all hope for a storming comeback to form from the Schu this weekend.

If there are people on ST’s that still don’t think there’s something going on behind the scenes with Schuster and the club,you only have to watch NRL360 last night to start rethinking your opinion.Nothing new has happened in the Schuster situation from a month ago,injuries,illness and a lack of fitness have hampered his off season,yet there was still a need to run with a story about him playing reggies and BenT in first grade,something that most people knew was going to happen.Manly are not one of the most popular teams,so media don’t run with these stories just to get to get the fans attention a la the Wests Tigers,so it was either presented to them by the club hierarchy or Schuster’s nefarious manager,Mario

If there are people on ST’s that still don’t think there’s something going on behind the scenes with Schuster and the club,you only have to watch NRL360 last night to start rethinking your opinion.Nothing new has happened in the Schuster situation from a month ago,injuries,illness and a lack of fitness have hampered his off season,yet there was still a need to run with a story about him playing reggies and BenT in first grade,something that most people knew was going to happen.Manly are not one of the most popular teams,so media don’t run with these stories just to get to get the fans attention a la the Wests Tigers,so it was either presented to them by the club hierarchy or Schuster’s nefarious manager,Mario
Purely speculating but if these were really the two options, then it would certainly be coming from the club. Mario earned his client a huge extension and it's plain for everyone to see that his form & fitness haven't yet warranted this contract. Mario's in no position to be agitating as he knows real world value of his asset is probably at an all time low at this point.

On the other hand, if it really was coming from Manly then I think this is a very legitimate and common way one can advertise their stock without rocking the boat

I just see it as the appropriate road back for him. The coach has previously stated his selection policy is form and fitness. Thats a breath of fresh air. The Schu has plenty of talented he just needs to show his desire and he will be back in the 17. I don’t read anything between the lines of the article.

I just see it as the appropriate road back for him. The coach has previously stated his selection policy is form and fitness. Thats a breath of fresh air. The Schu has plenty of talented he just needs to show his desire and he will be back in the 17. I don’t read anything between the lines of the article

My take from the conversation they had on NRL360 was they were discussing where Schuster fits into the team, with the emergence and form of Ben T they thought it would be difficult, Cooper Gronk thought that you couldn’t play Schuster and Brooks on the same edge, similar to DCE and Glen Stewart.

They did say it is difficult for any team to have a player on decent coin playing NSW cup, they thought it would be an end of the season conversation if things don’t work out through the season.

Hoping he has a great game this weekend and gives them no excuses not to play him next week.

It was more of a rhetorical and theoretical discussion.

Has Ben done enough to keep his starting spot?

What does Josh have to do to get back in the team?

They touched a bit on the internal politics and team dynamics of it a bit as well.

The Ben T vs Schu is a smoke screen by the media. Ben T was always going to be in the 17.

The real question is why is Waddel in the team over Schu.
I can only assume they want the Schu to play decent minutes and get some fitness - rather than a cameo in first grade against an excellent team.

The Schu needs to build up his confidence, and clearly, the coaching staff thinks that this is the best way.

It's a long season, so I'm not concerned (yet)

I can only assume they want the Schu to play decent minutes and get some fitness - rather than a cameo in first grade against an excellent team.

The Schu needs to build up his confidence, and clearly, the coaching staff thinks that this is the best way.

It's a long season, so I'm not concerned (yet)
Absolutely. Shu needs to get game time in his legs if he is expected to play 80 minutes and a cameo off the bench is not going to help.

In fact, we may well find, depending on how Burbo and Waddell go this week, that he'll be in Reggies for another week. Why? Game time and confidence, because if he can really turn it on against the Roosters and Panthers in Reggies then he will be ready and confident, and for that reason, I would not be surprised if Parker plays left centre in Reggies, as he knows the Shu's game and runs great lines to capitalise on the Schu's deception.

The Ben T vs Schu is a smoke screen by the media. Ben T was always going to be in the 17.

The real question is why is Waddel in the team over Schu.
Honestly if you look at the role Waddel played when he came onto the field it is not something that the Shu could do.

I would suggest it would a combination of wanting him to get more minutes under his belt & Seibold wanting more energy / high work rate off the bench.

That is not saying he is a better player than the Shu just we might be looking for balance on the bench

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8