The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Schuster will come good too many classy skills not to.

Many young players struggle to find their ability at a high level in all sports, look at some of the greats they have all faltered and found their ability, how to apply it and dominate the game.

I was watching Schuster warm up before the game and he looked gassed. Also noticed when he came off after a short stint that he looked absolutely out of breath which is so disappointing because if Sipley can play 47 minutes than Josh should be able to do the same if not more.

Maybe it time for him to be dropped to Blacktown Workers so he can get his confidence back. He has the class/skills, just lacking a bit of confidence at the moment and he maybe he needs mentoring from say someone like Glenn Stewart.
why would we mentor a player who's on 600-800k, (who really knows how much he's on). It's embarrassing....maybe the club needs mentoring instead.

If Schuster is still underperforming in 12 months time, I think his position at the club looks untenable (if it’s not already).

Wealthier clubs might be able to carry him for more than a few years in the hope that he comes good (and probably on a smaller salary), but Manly cannot.
What's really worrying TZ, is that he looked noticeably exhausted after 5min. I'm surprised he didn't get hooked after 10min tbh.

What's really worrying TZ, is that he looked noticeably exhausted after 5min. I'm surprised he didn't get hooked after 10min tbh.
It’s a shame, because he is obviously a rare talent.

Let’s hope he comes good and shows us some more of that 2021 form on a routine basis over multiple seasons.

However I’m not holding my breath.

Basis what Rothtrol wrote today the Schu and Manly will no doubt get a run on 360 tonight
It was Crawley, not Rothfield, but all those News Ltd hacks are interchangeable. Here it is, for anyone interested. Again, the $800K figure they pulled out of thin air and have repeated as fact ever since gets a run.

Fringe Sea Eagle puts Josh Schuster to shame​

Josh Schuster is earning the big bucks but it’s a player on a fraction of his $800,000 pay packet turning heads at Manly.

by Paul Crawley

Jake Arthur deserves a rap for his effort after taking over from Josh Schuster as the Sea Eagles’ five eighth.

While Arthur might be on a fraction of the $800,000 Schuster is earning since his midseason switch, the former Eel is certainly earning his keep.

Arthur is technically such a good player, and he backs that up with effort Schuster could learn plenty from.

Basis what Rothtrol wrote today the Schu and Manly will no doubt get a run on 360 tonight
It was Crawley, not Rothfield, but all those News Ltd hacks are interchangeable. Here it is, for anyone interested. Again, the $800K figure they pulled out of thin air and have repeated as fact ever since gets a run.

Fringe Sea Eagle puts Josh Schuster to shame​

Josh Schuster is earning the big bucks but it’s a player on a fraction of his $800,000 pay packet turning heads at Manly.

by Paul Crawley

Jake Arthur deserves a rap for his effort after taking over from Josh Schuster as the Sea Eagles’ five eighth.

While Arthur might be on a fraction of the $800,000 Schuster is earning since his midseason switch, the former Eel is certainly earning his keep.

Arthur is technically such a good player, and he backs that up with effort Schuster could learn plenty from.
yes you are right Ron E,it was Crawley but they are all the same, just bunch of grubby khu**s

Reading all the negative and hate posts I just watched the reply to see how bad Schu was.

Guess what? He wasn't bad at all.

He came on as left side 2nd row and made all his tackles in the 25 mins he played.

Manly went right on every play bar 3 when Schu was playing.
One, he was bypassed so didn't get the ball.
2nd he put Koula away for a 20m run
3rd, he was given a hospital pass and tried to pat it on - mistake

Came off with 25 mins to play and Seibold did not bring him back on with 10 to go when he really could have made a difference.

Hopefully moving forward Seibold has a plan to use Schuster in attack that will better Manly as a whole and help Schu grow more as a player, as Seibs tactics were an epic fail against the Warriors.

More than once I saw Josh standing (or walking) within two metres of the play-the-ball, having not taken a hit-up in the game.

To me that is not the positioning or the body language of a player that actively wanted to roll up his sleeves and get involved in the game... which would explain why he often just didn't receive the ball at all.

I think it must be a confidence issue. He knows how to play. We’ve seen him play some amazing games. He must be struggling to get his form and his rhythm going .

Look at the pressure that's been lumped on him by everyone in and around the club.

Better he's in our team than someone else's, I'll say that, because you watch him go next season.. he'll be an absolute machine..you can't train natural skill and class, and he has it in bucket loads.

Pretty sure he himself came out and said he could be the best player in the NRL after his 1 decent game this season.

Also, I'm legit curious what you base your assessment on and what you see. He is 50+ games in now. He is all flash. Can't or refuses to do the basic simple things when they are needed. Plenty have natural skill, especially against boys.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8