The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The best piece of media I’ve seen from Josh. He’s often a bit anxious but he was so sure of himself there. Knows he’s put the work in and what he can achieve when he continues to work hard.
Yes, how relaxed was he! And how good to hear him say he loves Manly and won't be leaving the club!

My favourite player and with a heap of games under his belt will spark our attack to new heights. I liked how he was on both sides of the field on Sunday and linking up with DCE on the right.

Great memories for anyone who followed Manly in the late 80s, speedsters O'Connor and Shearer running long distances in space, orchestrated by Cliffy, so good to watch.
2021 reminded me of those times.
And yesterdays win reminded me of 2021!
If Schu can continue to set Turbo Saab and also Koula loose, we may not win the comp but ...

‘I can be the best player in the game’: Schuster​

By Adrian Proszenko

May 23, 2023 — 6.00pm

Leave a comment. Ok, sports Journos are wankers!!!!!

Having emerged from a career “crossroads” seven kilograms lighter, Josh Schuster has boldly declared he will one day become the best player in the NRL.
After being criticised for his form and fitness during an injury-plagued start to the season, Schuster gave another glimpse of his incredible potential with a masterful performance against Canberra. The five-eighth scored a try and set up three others after overcoming the quad and calf injuries that have restricted him to just four prior appearances in 2023.

The 22-year-old abstained from social media during a month-long sabbatical in which he focused on getting himself right physically and mentally for the second half of the season. It has paid immediate dividends and prompted Schuster to strive for the consistency to contest for a Dally M medal.
“The first thing, I deleted my social media, which was good,” Schuster said.

“I was on Instagram and Facebook, the normal stuff, so I deleted that for a month and a bit. I didn’t really get to read much, I just used that time to put my head down and work hard.
“At the end of the day we are human, we have feelings and emotions and stuff. Obviously it hurts. At the end of the day their opinions don’t matter. I don’t take it personal or anything, I just know when I reach my potential, I know what I’m capable of.
“I don’t want to say too much, but I believe I can be the best player in the game one day.
“Last week was a good starting point.”
Pressed on the lofty ambition, Schuster said: “A hundred per cent. Ever since I was young, I’ve always wanted to do this. I know if I continue to work hard, I will be the best player in the world one day …

“I’ve always believed in myself since day one. I always believed that one day I would be the best player in the game. I’ve still got a long way [to go] in saying that, I’ve still got a lot of learning to do.
“Lucky we have some senior players I can learn off.”
Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster.

Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

The late, great Immortal Bob Fulton, who was influential in identifying and signing Schuster in his early teens, predicted he would one day captain the club. After making what Benji Marshall described as the best NRL debut he had seen, midway through 2020, injuries have limited Schuster to 39 first-grade appearances.
The Samoan international said he had trained hard over the past month to get into the best possible shape.

“I feel good for it. In about a month [I’ve dropped] seven kilos,” he said.
“I’m not going to stand here and rumble on over how hard I’ve worked over the last month. It was hard work to get my body right and myself right physically and mentally … I just went to another level. I think I was at the crossroads of my career.
“I had to make a choice and a decision and I chose to take my training to the next level. My preparation, my recovery, I’ve given myself every opportunity to play.”
Daly Cherry-Evans has publicly challenged Schuster to fulfil his potential and Schuster said the comments were coming from a good place.
“To be honest, Daly is probably the best bloke I’ve met in my life,” Schuster said.

“He has a genuine care about me, and is always messaging me to see how I am. He’s the best captain I’ve ever had, the best teammate I’ve ever had.
“He’s the Queensland captain, I can’t speak highly enough of him. He has done so much for me so far and I’m going to continue to learn and work off him.”

from the article @Eagle1188 posted...

The playmaker also said he blocked out claims that Manly should release him for salary-cap reasons, and only listened to feedback from the likes of Daly Cherry-Evans, who warned him not to waste his talent.

"At the end of the day I know what I'm capable of, and I know what my potential in this game is," Schuster said.

"If you don't listen to 'Chez' (Cherry-Evans), you must be kidding yourself. He's the captain of Queensland, captain of our club, played for Australia.

"I don't respect anyone else more than him. He has a genuine care for me. He's always checking up on me to see if I'm all right."

- As someone posted before, it's good someone and possibly others are checking in with him.

I'm hoping dce makes his lunch for him..lol

If he wants to be the best in the game (at Manly) that's fine by me!

Go Josh go!

Schuster was quick to pay tribute to Manly’s strength and conditioning team for their role in his transformation while also making mention of club legend Mark Carroll, who put him through his paces while the rest of the squad were in Brisbane for Magic Round.

“He’s a good man, Spudd. He wants the best for me,” Schuster said.

“Seibs [coach Anthony Seibold] told me to stay back and train with Spudd when the boys went to Queensland and it was really good.

“I was here by myself and I just spent some time with him and got through some hard sessions.

(This may be a re-hash of some other posted article...but I've posted it now and want some Hash browns... mmmmmm)

From the SMH:

‘I can be the best player in the game’: Schuster​

By Adrian Proszenko

May 23, 2023 — 6.00pm

Having emerged from a career “crossroads” seven kilograms lighter, Josh Schuster has boldly declared he will one day become the best player in the NRL.

After being criticised for his form and fitness during an injury-plagued start to the season, Schuster gave another glimpse of his incredible potential with a masterful performance against Canberra. The five-eighth scored a try and set up three others after overcoming the quad and calf injuries that have restricted him to just four prior appearances in 2023.

The 22-year-old abstained from social media during a month-long sabbatical in which he focused on getting himself right physically and mentally for the second half of the season. It has paid immediate dividends and prompted Schuster to strive for the consistency to contest for a Dally M medal.

“The first thing, I deleted my social media, which was good,” Schuster said.

“I was on Instagram and Facebook, the normal stuff, so I deleted that for a month and a bit. I didn’t really get to read much, I just used that time to put my head down and work hard.

“At the end of the day we are human, we have feelings and emotions and stuff. Obviously it hurts. At the end of the day their opinions don’t matter. I don’t take it personal or anything, I just know when I reach my potential, I know what I’m capable of.

“I don’t want to say too much, but I believe I can be the best player in the game one day.
“Last week was a good starting point.”

Pressed on the lofty ambition, Schuster said: “A hundred per cent. Ever since I was young, I’ve always wanted to do this. I know if I continue to work hard, I will be the best player in the world one day …

“I’ve always believed in myself since day one. I always believed that one day I would be the best player in the game. I’ve still got a long way [to go] in saying that, I’ve still got a lot of learning to do.

“Lucky we have some senior players I can learn off.”
Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster.

Manly Sea Eagles five-eighth Josh Schuster.CREDIT: NRL PHOTOS

The late, great Immortal Bob Fulton, who was influential in identifying and signing Schuster in his early teens, predicted he would one day captain the club. After making what Benji Marshall described as the best NRL debut he had seen, midway through 2020, injuries have limited Schuster to 39 first-grade appearances.

The Samoan international said he had trained hard over the past month to get into the best possible shape.

“I feel good for it. In about a month [I’ve dropped] seven kilos,” he said.

“I’m not going to stand here and rumble on over how hard I’ve worked over the last month. It was hard work to get my body right and myself right physically and mentally … I just went to another level. I think I was at the crossroads of my career.

“I had to make a choice and a decision and I chose to take my training to the next level. My preparation, my recovery, I’ve given myself every opportunity to play.”

Daly Cherry-Evans has publicly challenged Schuster to fulfil his potential and Schuster said the comments were coming from a good place.
“To be honest, Daly is probably the best bloke I’ve met in my life,” Schuster said.

“He has a genuine care about me, and is always messaging me to see how I am. He’s the best captain I’ve ever had, the best teammate I’ve ever had.

“He’s the Queensland captain, I can’t speak highly enough of him. He has done so much for me so far and I’m going to continue to learn and work off him.”

Fantastic article and as I have mentioned a few times before that the only reason Schuster will leave Manly is when Manly wants to move him on .Great to see him come out and answer a lot of the opinions supporters and non supporters have put out on the media .The only thing now to fulfill is play every game of 2023 . Maaaaaaaaanly . The Manly chant drowned the Viking clap last Sunday at GIO Stadium .

‘I CAN BE THE BEST PLAYER IN THE GAME : SCHUSTER !!!

Super Natural Skill & Confidence The Cocktail of Success

Cheers to the next Manly Premiership Winning Immortal
1684881768230.png

The last month was a watershed point in young Josh's career. I thought DCE may have thrown him under the bus in that interview but I was wrong. Fortunately what in fact happened was that not only did DCE challenge him but supported him constantly.

The young man has done some growing up over the last month and I hope he can stay focussed and injury free. DCE has remained playing at the top level until 34 with minimal injury through constant hard work. Whilst at times I am critical of DCE's decision making during matches, I consider him the best in the game at personal preparation and fitness and he is a great mentor for young Schuster. Schuster's performance on Sunday was masterclass and it unlocked and lifted those around him. His impact on the game also took a lot of pressure off DCE. If he can produce a similar performance on Sunday then we might see some exciting football from Koula, Big O, Saab and Garrick. However the pack need to stand up again this weekend to provide the platform that our backs need. Glad to see the relationship between DCE and Schuster being so strong this will galvanise the squad. Lets go Manly.

I hope we dont now expect too much of him this early. May have an average game this weekend. Hope he doesnt but placing too high an expectation only puts more pressure on the kid.
Agree given he prob has to play the dominant half role as Johns is well dog**** ordinary

I hope we dont now expect too much of him this early. May have an average game this weekend. Hope he doesnt but placing too high an expectation only puts more pressure on the kid.

An average game without injury will do me fine. The more Schu plays, the more match fit he will be for the 2nd half of the comp.

Hopefully average is all we need to beat Newcastle

Agree given he prob has to play the dominant half role as Johns is well dog**** ordinary
and the forwards need to do their job first or he'll back pedalling all day. I suspect Gamble (if that's who he'll be playing against) will also try to ruffle his feathers. He's an aggro little so and so. I'd like to see Shu use his size and his own aggro (I think it's hidden in there) to take him on.

and the forwards need to do their job first or he'll back pedalling all day. I suspect Gamble (if that's who he'll be playing against) will also try to ruffle his feathers. He's an aggro little so and so. I'd like to see Shu use his size and his own aggro (I think it's hidden in there) to take him on.
Get keppie onto that little grub. Sipley and Paseka have a huge job this weekend.

The last month was a watershed point in young Josh's career. I thought DCE may have thrown him under the bus in that interview but I was wrong. Fortunately what in fact happened was that not only did DCE challenge him but supported him constantly.

The young man has done some growing up over the last month and I hope he can stay focussed and injury free. DCE has remained playing at the top level until 34 with minimal injury through constant hard work. Whilst at times I am critical of DCE's decision making during matches, I consider him the best in the game at personal preparation and fitness and he is a great mentor for young Schuster. Schuster's performance on Sunday was masterclass and it unlocked and lifted those around him. His impact on the game also took a lot of pressure off DCE. If he can produce a similar performance on Sunday then we might see some exciting football from Koula, Big O, Saab and Garrick. However the pack need to stand up again this weekend to provide the platform that our backs need. Glad to see the relationship between DCE and Schuster being so strong this will galvanise the squad. Lets go Manly.

If Schu didn't play agsinst Canberra, do you think Turbo would have performed as good as ge did and made origin?

I can see why Beaver loved playing with Cliffy for all those years.

Really happy to see Schu very focused & in a positive mind frame - he obviously paid zero attention to the criticism & BS in the social/media over the past month or so.

He’s also displaying an assertiveness I hadn’t noticed before, perhaps due to his shyness. He seems much more comfortable in front of the camera & answering questions than before.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4