The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I want to see him back himself. Hes a big unit with a good step. As good as the chip try was to Turbo, Josh should have just backed himself and run over Gutho. He gets a bit kick happy. I do think he's an amazing talent though.

Unfortunately i think his calf is the new Turbo hammy. I'll he amazed if he plays this week.

I want to see him back himself. Hes a big unit with a good step. As good as the chip try was to Turbo, Josh should have just backed himself and run over Gutho. He gets a bit kick happy. I do think he's an amazing talent though.

Unfortunately i think his calf is the new Turbo hammy. I'll he amazed if he plays this week.

Gutho is an excellent defensive fullback. The chip n run was pure magic that nobody was expecting - and they scored a try.

He is kick happy? I think he had 4 kicks - 3 were on last tackle - one was the try assist to Haumole and the chip n chase for a try.

In his first game at 5/8th for 2 years, he was exceptional.

Give him some time to bring out more tricks in his kit bag, including the dummy and run.

Yeah I reckon he did that calve again. I agree I don't reckon he'll play next week either.

After Schu's performance on Thursday nite Andrew Johns thinks he could become the best player in the game. Reckons he spoke to Schu after the game and told him the next stage of his development is his running game, told him to watch lots of videos of Thurston.
Apparently as a kid Schu loved Melbourne Storm and his favourite player was Billy Slater!
(this from channel 9 footy show)

Like the advise and certainly that's a part of his game he had in the juniors. However comparing him with Thurston and idolising Slater. Hmmm. Easily as clever as them probably more so. But though he's quick, he's got no chance of outpacing those two.

After Schu's performance on Thursday nite Andrew Johns thinks he could become the best player in the game. Reckons he spoke to Schu after the game and told him the next stage of his development is his running game, told him to watch lots of videos of Thurston.
Apparently as a kid Schu loved Melbourne Storm and his favourite player was Billy Slater!
(this from channel 9 footy show)
Big call from Joey but the room and defenders that Schuster drags in by taking the ball all the way to the line is pure skill.

The way he played in round 11 2021 against Parramatta was an eye opener on how good a player he is, no doubt there is more skill that we haven’t seen as yet in his tank.

Schuster's first game at 6 this year brings back memories from 2021 against the same team .We can only hope that he continues to play well ( injury free ) and share the skills he has with the team's goals each week .
Fittler and Johns summed it up when they both agreed it is up to Schuster to do the training but his skills are exceptional .

Interesting insight from the Half Backed podcast this week. Ex Canberra half Sam Williams pointed out something about Schueys no lookers, that I had never noticed but made a lot of sense. The reason they are so effective is he passes right to left, off his left foot.

If you watch most if not all halves they pass off their inside foot which allows defenders to slide off to the outside. Passing of the outside foot keeps the threat of a left foot step or inside pass alive in the defenders mind and keeps them tied in.

I was under the illusion that he was hypnotising defenders with his eyes but after going back and watching highlights of Schuey and other left side halves it appears it's all in the feet.

367979D1-19E2-4932-90D0-6EE0E4705C80.jpeg

And I may be imagining things but Zac Fulton is now shown as a forward ...
Pretty sure last week Tuitavake was there but not Zac

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4