The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just don't know why the subject on where Schuster should play keeps popping up until we watch him play at least 4 games in a row at 5/8 next year .On here ,on channel nine ,on Fox ,on 2GB ,SMH ,DT ,etc . they all want to know what Schuster's best position is .They even picked him in the team from the rep rounds last weekend as their 11 and Manly plays him for 20 minutes .Let's go Maaaaanly .

Des has the job of getting the best out of players and properly utilizing the resources he has available to him. He has a duty to the club, the players and the fans. I feel frustrated having a talent like Schuster sitting on the bench for the majority of the game. IMO he did enough on the weekend to get a start. What gives Des?

Des has the job of getting the best out of players and properly utilizing the resources he has available to him. He has a duty to the club, the players and the fans. I feel frustrated having a talent like Schuster sitting on the bench for the majority of the game. IMO he did enough on the weekend to get a start. What gives Des?
Are they playing the Cook Islands this weekend?Are the Storm sending their Flegg equivalent side up?

Probably could even start with Davey as a prop and starting with the Shu . Not that he hasn :t been going that bad recently but say then Keppie to the bench . Sipley more suited to starting on present indications . Surely Schuster has had enough time back now to warrant a start and then to further benefit with more game time going forward . Just can 't see also at the present time how Davey can offer more then the Shu on balance , Davey can still be expected to do some good work in the ruck but the Shu the type of player who can make a difference against a well drilled opposition or an above average side and still do the edge work required in general . .

Mate I’ve been saying the same thing since about 2019

Every year we are pretty much a disappointment.. ok last year too 4 was great on paper but anyone that watched footy knew we just made up the numbers..

My personal opinion is the same it’s been the last 3 or 4 years..

We arnt a legit threat with our first choice centres
We arnt a legit threat with croker at 9
We arnt a legit threat with this prop rotation (only one worth their coin at the moment is alioai)

We arnt a legit threat with jake thinking he’s a 5/8 and forgetting to make any hard runs (this origin game just highlighted how much we miss his old running game minus the ball player stuff)

And the jury is still out on the shue but so far me, personally, am not impressed with him…
He does some FANTASTIC plays, but more often than not is either nowhere to be seen or throwing idiotic no look passes to the turf…
If he’s a 5/8, play him there to grow .. if he’s a back row, play him to grow there.. this crap he is doing now , he isn’t worth 5cents to the squad
'We arnt a legit threat with our first choice centres'........So you don't rate Koula? Seriously mate lolol!

People have very short memories. The kid played very well last year and had a very high work rate in defence in the back row. I don't recall him letting us down in defence last year.
I have no doubt he has talent,but he seems to have regressed this season,whether that’s due to still being affected by the earlier injury,not getting his way re position,an issue with Des or he’s young and hasn’t worked out how professional he has to be.

I think the test will be on how he embraced his opportunity to train and play for his National side. Some players it triggers the player into truly believing in themself and sharing their talent with their club team, others it goes to their head and become a part-time player with a big ego.

Here's hoping

I think the test will be on how he embraced his opportunity to train and play for his National side. Some players it triggers the player into truly believing in themself and sharing their talent with their club team, others it goes to their head and become a part-time player with a big ego.

Here's hoping
It is so hard to be humble when you are as talented as Schuster feathered friend

People have very short memories. The kid played very well last year and had a very high work rate in defence in the back row. I don't recall him letting us down in defence last year.
No, I was thinking exactly the same way, obviously it’s Des’s call, so he either doesn’t believe his fitness is where it should be (which for my way of thinking, more game time would be the answer) or is there something else going on in private, Des being Des!

Mate .. love ya .. but seriously .. the shu did his best to do absolutely nothing for 70 mins ...

He was the literal personification of the old nickname "the labrador" .. spent the whole game ducking to the blind side of the ruck and bludging.

Mate .. love ya .. but seriously .. the shu did his best to do absolutely nothing for 70 mins ...

He was the literal personification of the old nickname "the labrador" .. spent the whole game ducking to the blind side of the ruck and bludging.
Agree. He did a couple of ok things however he would have been belted by a half decent team.

I've said it before, I'll YART it again. My best Manly starting pack would be (including bench forwards in brackets):

Aloiai, Croker, Trbojevic, Olakau'atu, Davey, Schuster (Paseka, Sipley, Taupau).

'We arnt a legit threat with our first choice centres'........So you don't rate Koula? Seriously mate lolol!
Mate if Parker wasn’t busted it would be Harper and Parker and you know it.

They are our first choice centres

Same way Saab and Garrick are our first choice wingers. Regardless of how will tuipulotu is going… until all are fit and available and those blokes get the first nod ahead of Harper and Parker, koula ain’t our first choice centre yet

Mate if Parker wasn’t busted it would be Harper and Parker and you know it.

They are our first choice centres

Same way Saab and Garrick are our first choice wingers. Regardless of how will tuipulotu is going… until all are fit and available and those blokes get the first nod ahead of Harper and Parker, koula ain’t our first choice centre yet
How you figure?

Koula and Parker were our starting centres when Parker went down.

Koula had won the spot

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8