The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Blind Freddy can see there is mental health issues. That is why it was consultation between club, manager, nrl & player union.
I might be wrong, and have no evidences but a gut feeling is his manager could have done more over the last couple of years

Last edited:
He's a human being mate, as well as a footy player is what I'm saying. Get the off field stuff right, that's actually a whole lot of the work done there, mate. I just hope, we dotted all our i's and crossed all our t's here, because when it comes to this off field stuff, I lack a lot of faith in our club.
I understand to what you are saying feathered friend .
I believe Our club did what was best for both Schuster and our club
We released the Schu and gave him the opportunity to get his off field stuff right and this gave us the opportunity to get a player in the right frame of mind and do the best job for Manly

As far as losing faith in our club
We are all humans , none of us are perfect and we all make mistakes
Good people always make up for their flaws
Our club has also done some Great things

In conclusion
We must all focus and have faith on our Strengths and not on our flaws as this is the hope and Inspiration that drives us to becoming our best version

Yeah we all don't like it but think of it this way...better than $2.4mil that we could've been lumbered with (thanks to the ridiculous contract extension) for possibly or very little return.
Agree, 2.4M and possible playing reggies, and non of us know the exact amount, all clubs make decisions that don't work out, how much did Tuilagi cost us last year and what did we get out of him !! I'm pretty sure most clubs would be under 'The Cap' by 200/300K each year as it would be pretty hard to work the books to the exact $$, then if a player became available through the season which a club needed, they snap him up for the rest of the year, so not much difference giving those $ to Shoe, or have it just sitting there on the books and it doesn't get used.

Yeah, that's my point mate, why oh why can't we just make it work here? Pay a PT full time to be his motivator, dietician and exercise commander if we have to. GIVE him special treatment if he needs it, it'll be worth it, I just know.
Maybe that comes down to Seibold and his coaching/man management traits

May not possess the qualities that say a Wayne Bennett type does to connect with all types of personalities

The frustrating thing for me, is Zac Lomax (an absolute baller), was released from a huge contract by The Dragons, who will be paying 0 freight. How were they able to negotiate that? Why are we releasing players like AFB (without compensation)? Why are we releasing players like Sam Fainu (the exact type of forward we are lacking and need) & Latu Fainu (and getting 0 compensation).

Not sure you watched NSW Cup the other week, but did you see Tuitavake, but more importantly Fifita? He was the best forward on the field by some (and again, we received 0 compensation) - actually, Aaron Woods (who was more of a salary cap dump in my opinion - often happens in the NHL).

Our recruitment / retention is so damned frustrating. We NEED a marquee signing to show the league world we are serious again. I get Brooks has been great (literally amazing tbh). But he was at a cross-roads in his career, with The Tigers low-balling him a contract, then demanding he decide by a certain date.

We have the 4th worst defense in the entire NRL (only Titans, Rabbits, Eels worse than us). We are VERY slow, heavy, immobile around our middles. There was a time last weekend we had Woods, Jake & Lodge on. That's not indicative of a fast moving, explosive and mobile pack. Imagine then adding Schuster to that - last season, when he made a break, he couldn't run 40 metres.

I'm trying my best to frame things with a green border. But jeez, we need some young, fresh, explosive bulls either coming through, or brought in. Show not only the league world, but the existing players we are serious about winning a premiership.
I think the club wanted to move on from the Fainu family fiasco and move on from Tartak's grip on the Manly club.

Maybe that comes down to Seibold and his coaching/man management traits

May not possess the qualities that say a Wayne Bennett type does to connect with all types of personalities
Maybe another coach can get the best out of him ?
Maybe not ?
Time will tell
It always does .
1713749646263.png

Blind Freddy can see there is mental health issues. That is why it was consolation between club, manager, nrl & player union.
I might be wrong, and have no evidences but a gut feeling is his manager could have done more over the last couple of years

Agreed, though managers are there to promote their product and make money. Schuster is a product he's seeking to sell, and he's not going to promote deficiencies if he wants the best deal.

Though its frustrating, we are not all clones from the same manufacturing plant.

Just as we have varying skill levels, we also have varying emotional levels. Some like DCE have gifted skill physical levels and well matured emotional levels. It doesn't mean though that those with high physical skill levels are automatically also well matured emotionally.

Genetically we are all different. Some things we tend to be better at, even gifted. Some things we're not at, physically and emotionally. We can work on our deficiencies though its harder for those not naturally gifted. We all have a selection of characteristics we are more naturally good at. Others we're not.

Schuster genetically has characteristics that make him gifted in respect of certain of his physical skills. However, for reasons none of us, I suspect, know anything about, his emotional development either through experience or genetics has caused him to not be naturally gifted to deal with issues many of us find easier emotionally. Further, he is in a highly competitive market, his remarkable skills are well known, and the expectations are high because of that. He may not be able at this stage to deal emotionally with those expectations. I suspect he needs time to develop further emotionally. The skills wont go away. They will be ready for him if and when he's emotionally ready

I really hope he gets himself right, goes to another club and becomes a superstar of the game as he's a joy to watch when on song. Do I wish that was with us, yes. Do I agree with us letting him go, also yes.

Sometimes things need to happen for a reason, and hopefully this is the best for everyone.

I mean, there's a LOT more to unpack than just "that" when it comes to people's personal situation's, personalities, motivation's, mental health, families / friends etc @BOZO

Mental health is a key driver in all these aspects, and mental health can also be affected by so much.

He's a human being mate, as well as a footy player is what I'm saying. Get the off field stuff right, that's actually a whole lot of the work done there, mate. I just hope, we dotted all our i's and crossed all our t's here, because when it comes to this off field stuff, I lack a lot of faith in our club.

For example (and this is one of many I have):

Manly stated they wanted Steve Matai to be medically retired & weren't happy about the process with the NRL. I wrote a very long complaint to the NRL about it, and they wrote back to me saying Manly hadn't even put in a submission / request (or had been contacted by the club about it), and that if they did, it would be considered.

Anyways, just my thought's.
Ryan would that letter have gone to Greenburg or one of his goon's ?
I suspect so ,then what was sent back to you was probably BS .As we know Greenburg's hatred for Manly had no limits ,and lying to a Manly punter would have been water off a ducks back .

As for Schu I'm gutted we couldn't make it work with him despite the effort put in.
I hope he finds his true self and revives his career ,maybe in England and them maybe he comes back and says "Manly thanks for supporting me back then, I'm back from the UK after a few successful seasons and i'm ready to rumble and ready to realise my true potential and calling and play for Manly and win a premiership " Highly optimistic I know ,but I'm an optimist .

In regards to his penchant for drive thru bad habits are easy to form but hard to live with ,good habits are hard to form but easy to live with. Until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change he will stay the same ,the Schu needs to figure out what those thresholds are and get on with it.
Anyways good job Manly on the weekend and lets hope a fully stacked fire breathing pack smashes the likes of Paulo and Gillard and our backs run amok !!!

Ryan would that letter have gone to Greenburg or one of his goon's ?
I suspect so ,then what was sent back to you was probably BS .As we know Greenburg's hatred for Manly had no limits ,and lying to a Manly punter would have been water off a ducks back .

As for Schu I'm gutted we couldn't make it work with him despite the effort put in.
I hope he finds his true self and revives his career ,maybe in England and them maybe he comes back and says "Manly thanks for supporting me back then, I'm back from the UK after a few successful seasons and i'm ready to rumble and ready to realise my true potential and calling and play for Manly and win a premiership " Highly optimistic I know ,but I'm an optimist .

In regards to his penchant for drive thru bad habits are easy to form but hard to live with ,good habits are hard to form but easy to live with. Until the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change he will stay the same ,the Schu needs to figure out what those thresholds are and get on with it.
Anyways good job Manly on the weekend and lets hope a fully stacked fire breathing pack smashes the likes of Paulo and Gillard and our backs run amok !!!

Nah it was some lady from memory

Re Lomax comparison.

I think Shu's manager might know that it might be rough sailing from here for his future earning potential which is why he is getting what he can.
For Lomax I would almost guarantee there would be either a ratchet clause / trigger to go upward. Also he is proven meaning he will be paid what he was worth at Saints

This combined with his higher potential future earning means he could not leave "freight"

Yeah, that's my point mate, why oh why can't we just make it work here? Pay a PT full time to be his motivator, dietician and exercise commander if we have to. GIVE him special treatment if he needs it, it'll be worth it, I just know.

You don't think that the club has done its level best to get him fit and firing to play first grade over the past 4.5 years?

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8