The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That’s true, but neither of those things explain his effort areas and poor defence which has been poor all year and I think the main reason he was dropped. He needs an attitude shift and work harder.
Can't disagree, although his effort areas will matter little if he lays on a couple of tries for himself and his teammates coinciding with a win and he does that on a consistent basis.

Abso-farking-lutely mate ! Everyone has taken a shot. I cannot WAIT until he turns the corner - has a full off season, comes back, rips in, and it'll be egg salad for one and all. This kid has that magic not many other players possess. If he can get back some fitness, game time, the skies the limits.

Also, I'm not automatically putting Brooks in the 6 jersey (it IS likely), but there will be competition for spots next season.

Whether Schuster plays the 6, 12, 13 or 14/17, he should be in there, and by god he'll provide and create spark - you just watch :sunglasses:
…. Didn’t we say that last year too?

Just sayin’

Not going to read all the other posts, but I will give Schuster some credit in some areas

He has been battered from pillar to post from all angles consistently for over a year. Not once has he said anything against the club, dropped his lip, claimed racism etc. All we hear from him is that he loves the place. Compare that attitude to Latrell Mitchell any time he cops criticism on his performance, talks of retirement, racism, woe is me, i need a break etc

I’ll chuck Brooks a compliment in that regard as well. Has been 5-6 years he has been copping it relentlessly, easy option would be to piss off to Super League, but he has just kept his head down and mouth shut and kept going
+1. Has copped it hard from fans and judging by the club website, he still has time to sign autographs and spend time with the fans. He could easily just walk off the field without so much acknowledging anyone. I understand his performance has been less than stellar, but he's the sort of player that needs parts to be working around him in the team. (ie healthy Turbo,etc) I'd say the size of his contract probably adds to the scrutiny, where the fans think he can be like Turbo and win a game on his own. I think part of me thinks that Foz fans were sad the way Foz left and maybe scapegoated Schu for that and has ever since nitpicked Schu's game.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
DCE on Schuster

“He faced some adversity this year, and he had to get his body right,” Cherry-Evans said. “He put himself into a position where he didn’t finish the season in first grade and now he needs to get that mindset where he has to win his jersey back at all costs. I know he can do it."

“I know how skillful he is, and how much ability he’s got. He needs to keep that consistency, not just with his footy, but his mindset – he needs to stay hungry all the time, and if he does that, I know how good a footy player he will be."

“He can be a very good five-eighth or a very good back-rower. That can only be a good thing for Manly. Good sides have that luxury of moving players when things go wrong in games."

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sitting here watching the Broncs v Warriors and specifically Reece Walsh.

Just can't help thinking he is the polar opposite of Schuster.

Walsh just burns defenders with pace. And Schuster does that stupid thing were he dawdles across field and then suddenly accelerates which isn't fooling anyone. It's just so frustrating watching him try the same thing even after it's failed the last dozen times he's tried it.

Now I know that Schuster will never have Walsh's blinding speed. You either have it or yo don't. But FFS can he please stop with that slow trot across field ? Pick a new trick. Anything. What you're doing doesn't work.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Oh boy. The positivity from some towards this kid is alarming.

Is comparing anyone to the fastest guy in the NRL really worthwhile 👌

I know he can't do what Walsh does. I freely admit that as I said in my post.

My point is he does the exact opposite. And it's not fooling anyone so can he please just cease and desist ? It's totally ineffective.

manly al

First Grader
Club has pretty much made the call on Josh "s next and at least short term positional role as an edge and really just need the right response from him to get the best out of him again .
Big and strong enough providing his fitness level is up to par and no hesitation type approach to test any opposition defence and his range of skill level can continue to be a plus all going well '
Even when he was going really well or generally on an edge a couple of seasons ago , still could have done with a bit more intent in some of his defence and certainly going forward .
Naturally again , has to get his preparation and mental approach in the right zone , still young and learning in some respects but really need his best form and ability to come to the fore again and with the amount of money that he is still on to give the side a bit of a boost .

Eagle 1

First Grader
Club has pretty much made the call on Josh "s next and at least short term positional role as an edge and really just need the right response from him to get the best out of him again .
Big and strong enough providing his fitness level is up to par and no hesitation type approach to test any opposition defence and his range of skill level can continue to be a plus all going well '
Even when he was going really well or generally on an edge a couple of seasons ago , still could have done with a bit more intent in some of his defence and certainly going forward .
Naturally again , has to get his preparation and mental approach in the right zone , still young and learning in some respects but really need his best form and ability to come to the fore again and with the amount of money that he is still on to give the side a bit of a boost .
Probably our remaining piece of the jigsaw. Get Schuster back to that 2021 form and firing on all cylinders and we could be pushing for a top 4 spot rather than just the 8.

manly al

First Grader
Over 20 - 25m, no chance. Walsh is quicker imo.
25 to 50 probably Koula
50 - 100 Saab baby
Wouldn "d be much in it [ versus Walsh over 20 - 25 ] as Koula has got pretty good acceleration and initial burst also
Walsh probably just as important to the Broncs presently as Bret Stewart was to Manly in his prime .
Saab of course once he is into full stride , would better them all and not too sure these days , but had a pretty sharp in and away acceleration when he was initially at Manly but irrespective has maintained his excellent finishing ability and that is what really counts overall .
Young from the Knights must be right up there too , he can certainly stride out and not bad initial burst as well .

Koula can run a 100 probably faster than 10.58 seconds. I doubt saab can beat that might be a different story over 200- 400 though. Im not even going to mention walsh lol.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Over 20 - 25m, no chance. Walsh is quicker imo.
25 to 50 probably Koula
50 - 100 Saab baby
You don't run 100m in 10.58 if you are slow to get going. Walsh never won any kind of junior sprint trophies. It's deceptive. He has great acceleration (gets to top speed quickly) but I have seen him gas and be run down from behind by lesser names than Koula. He gasses very quickly.

Walsh might go neck and neck over 20-30m and then be left for dead.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18