The No-Look News (Schuster Chronicles)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So having watched the replay this guy just had it on a string yesterday. Reminded me of Cliffy ,ironically he led us out. He just mesmerised the Raiders outside defense. Schu could be anything if he applies all his energies to it. Absolutely unlocked Turbo and others. Still think he needs to have Olakau'atu and Koula outside him but it's an absolute must that he plays.

So having watched the replay this guy just had it on a string yesterday. Reminded me of Cliffy ,ironically coincidentally/fittingly he led us out. He just mesmerised the Raiders outside defense. Schu could be anything if he applies all his energies to it. Absolutely unlocked Turbo and others. Still think he needs to have Olakau'atu and Koula outside him but it's an absolute must that he plays.
I think it might show how much of our game plan has been built on him this year...and how critical it could be that he does work out. DCE is great (or not if you want to go there) but I don't think he worries defense in the way that Schuster does. You could see gaps opening up in the Raiders defensive line because they second guessed what he would do (just like when Ciffy was on the field :) )

The Shoe is a genius with ball in hand, but questionable in defence.
Whether he'll be able to put Weeks through gaps like he did with Turbo is yet to be seen.
I'm actually less confident of beating Newcastle than I was of beating Canberra. Without DCE and the three Turbo Brothers we are significantly weaker, yet Newcastle is hardly affected by SOO.

Whether he'll be able to put Weeks through gaps like he did with Turbo is yet to be seen.
I'm actually less confident of beating Newcastle than I was of beating Canberra. Without DCE and the three Turbo Brothers we are significantly weaker, yet Newcastle is hardly affected by SOO.
Not to mention our week to week bipolar ups and downs. It will take a solid 6 games of performances like that and the Storm games in a row to convince me we are top 8 competative.

Des had Schu play second row to teach him about the toughness and defence and discipline needed for NRL*. Because he needed to learn those lessons. The kid remains a still work in progress, and Manly are bonkers if they are not doing everything to guide him, but I'm sure they are.
Yesterday's game was a throwback to 2021. Stay fit Schu and we're in for a great ride for the rest of this year!

*he didn't tell me that but it's my educated guess :)

I think Des used Schuster as a second rower because of a Foran love. Personally I thought it was a serious error and contributed to the weight issue Schuster developed. He had to put on weight to be effective at second row but the positioning and the added weight diminished his effectiveness. You've seen how clever he is. In his two full games this year he's had three try assists each and scored an individualist try. The backline suddenly has space. No surprise Turbo benefits. That's what we've missed for two years, even though in 2021 with the extra tackling responsibility as second rower, he still contributed much to the open performances of the backs by standing outside Foran in attack.

I think highly of Des but in his final years he seemed devoid of ideas and resistant to change without injuries bringing them on, even though (and without Schuster for most of last year), Manly were floundering. Not suggesting some fault doesn't lie with Schuster. He dropped the ball for sure. But the primary problem, I believe, was in how he was used. Second row and five eighth are miles apart and require different body sizes. Cant just switch them back and forward and expect success. Imagine if Foran had been put in the second row.

I think Des used Schuster as a second rower because of a Foran love. Personally I thought it was a serious error and contributed to the weight issue Schuster developed. He had to put on weight to be effective at second row but the positioning and the added weight diminished his effectiveness. You've seen how clever he is. In his two full games this year he's had three try assists each and scored an individualist try. The backline suddenly has space. No surprise Turbo benefits. That's what we've missed for two years, even though in 2021 with the extra tackling responsibility as second rower, he still contributed much to the open performances of the backs by standing outside Foran in attack.

I think highly of Des but in his final years he seemed devoid of ideas and resistant to change without injuries bringing them on, even though (and without Schuster for most of last year), Manly were floundering. Not suggesting some fault doesn't lie with Schuster. He dropped the ball for sure. But the primary problem, I believe, was in how he was used. Second row and five eighth are miles apart and require different body sizes. Cant just switch them back and forward and expect success. Imagine if Foran had been put in the second row.

It is possible to put on weight and still be fit ...

You don't have to eat tubs of KFC and get fat ...

Not to mention our week to week bipolar ups and downs. It will take a solid 6 games of performances like that and the Storm games in a row to convince me we are top 8 competative.

Bipolar is how to describe a lot of posters here on Silvertails

Was the Shyster up there with the team tonight. Hope he was taking it all in watching what a rabble this place has become since his fiasco became public.

Stick him back into BWSE and tell him to earn his spot back. Turn that dud sh*t team around into looking like winners and then you'll earn your place back in 1st grade. Stop fuking around.

So having watched the replay this guy just had it on a string yesterday. Reminded me of Cliffy ,ironically he led us out. He just mesmerised the Raiders outside defense. Schu could be anything if he applies all his energies to it. Absolutely unlocked Turbo and others. Still think he needs to have Olakau'atu and Koula outside him but it's an absolute must that he plays.

Yep. Been saying this since Foran was signed . If we remember there was a smoke screen from Des in buying Foran to potentially play him at hooker.
That was a total lie.

Unfortunately Tootsie and his merry pelicans just can't seem to handle the truth. Ignorant fat jokes and alike is so much more fun - for their small minds.

Gosh you've all babbled on here with your petty snipes at each other and barely a speck of information or interesting observations.

Piffle!

How about in the press conference when they gave Tommy a Dorothy Dixer to wax lyrical about The Schu, only to have him give a quick compliment but explain that the real heroes were the middle forwards?

You boys do not no how to gossip.

It is possible to put on weight and still be fit ...

You don't have to eat tubs of KFC and get fat ...

I wasnt mentioning fitness. I was referring to effectiveness. He was fit in 2021 but less effective. Can you see DCE putting on extra pounds and remaining the jack in the box. Certainly fitness diminished in 2022 but then he copped some lengthy injuries. Yes he should have handled it better. He may or may not have tucked into the KFC. That's conjecture. I suggested some time ago in 2022 he had lost his drive. He seemed disinterested on the field. I dont think he was happy. Amazing how a new coach assuring him of the 5/8 spot encouraged him to put in extra work over the off season. I suspect this kid may have depression issues, and if so attacking him is fruitless. Such a personality needs encouragement and obviously he got that with Spud.

I don’t quite remember it like that, from memory we had about 8 forwards out injured and were literally down to the bare bones of the squad left to choose from which is how Schuster ended up in the backrow, and he performed so well straight up that it was best for that current squad that he stayed there

yes and with grub Gagai and Pinga with points to prove as well !!

Then do it ... go back and find and name these imaginary people that you say said he didn't have talent

and if you are a fulltime professional football player in his 3rd year as a pro being paid an estimated $600k a year ... and you turn up looking fat and unfit ... and are told to go away ...

... then being the brunt of fat jokes is the very least you could expect ...
Schuster game was atrocious. He must be injured. Dropped balls missed tackles.
NOT EVEN A HINT OF CREATIVITY.
Why is he playing ? He definitely didnt want to get involved . Watch the game again tell me what he did right.
JOHNS TO 5/8 PLEASE
Manly have some of the best 5/8 in the history on RL .
Some players have natural talent, some guys are fierce competitors. He is not in either category.
Lol, better things to do than go back through 4000 messages champ, but there is one of the absolute beauties

That was a serious left edge masterclass yesterday in the first half…

One try going out the back to Tom

One try going short and hitting the lead runner

One try feigning out the back only to turn it back on the inside

The only other variable is Josh going himself, which he kinda did with the kick for the try in the second half.

I don’t quite remember it like that, from memory we had about 8 forwards out injured and were literally down to the bare bones of the squad left to choose from which is how Schuster ended up in the backrow, and he performed so well straight up that it was best for that current squad that he stayed there

Schuster played one of the final games in 2020 at five eighth and that was the game against Wests where Marshall described his performance as the best first up game he had seen from a player. Naturaly Schuster expected the role the following year but then Des got Foran on the cheap. He suggested Foran would play hooker and was a make shift player. He then put Foran into five eighth for the first game when Schuster was injured and kept him there. Schuster was on the bench for the second match and then was placed in the second row for most of the remainder of the season. They were only missing Turbo in those early matches and were getting thrashed

Schuster played one of the final games in 2020 at five eighth and that was the game against Wests where Marshall described his performance as the best first up game he had seen from a player. Naturaly Schuster expected the role the following year but then Des got Foran on the cheap. He suggested Foran would play hooker and was a make shift player. He then put Foran into five eighth for the first game when Schuster was injured and kept him there. Schuster was on the bench for the second match and then was placed in the second row for most of the remainder of the season. They were only missing Turbo in those early matches and were getting thrashed

Unless I have my seasons wrong, we were definitely missing more than Turbo, for starters Davey did his ACL in the first couple of rounds, Sironen missed a fair chunk of the season early and Olakau’atu had dislocated his elbow fairly badly so the backrow stocks were heavily depleted early on which saw Schuster get promoted

Had he been available in round 1, who knows where it all would have landed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8