The newest rort in the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/blake-ferguson-a-step-closer-to-returning-to-nrl-after-securing-offfield-employment-with-sydney-roosters/story-fndv38w0-1226925643869

Why didn't we just sign Glenn, and any other player getting close to retirement, on basic deals, and then sign them to 500k a year "ambassadorial" deals once their playing days are over?

What an utter scam this is. You can guarantee the Roosters are paying him a ridiculous amount in what will amount to an upfront, salary cap exempt payment.

Hope he brings them down like the Carney signing did :dodgy:
Probably the Prophet SBW is tasked at converting him back to Islam again :cool:

Fergie has serious sociopathic issues that need professional help, and above all a willingness to consider others :mad:

Well on the surface - with MoneyBill back off to Yawnion - the money for Blake would ''appear'' to be there anyway.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance, mostly, I guess and with the ''form'' of Junior out on the town recently, one could see the affinity I suppose.

Birds of a feather perhaps...they deserve each other.

They can ''creep'' on the cafe crowd together!

mmmdl said:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/blake-ferguson-a-step-closer-to-returning-to-nrl-after-securing-offfield-employment-with-sydney-roosters/story-fndv38w0-1226925643869

What an utter scam this is. You can guarantee the Roosters are paying him a ridiculous amount in what will amount to an upfront, salary cap exempt payment.
"NRL is happy for him to commence working for the club in a community and junior football development role."

He shouldn't be allowed near junior football until he has demonstrated that he has made some progress with whatever issues have been ailing him.

If they want to employ him, give him a proper bloody job, where he can learn something unrelated to footy. He is someone - more than most - whose future footy career is totally in jeopardy, so he really does need some realistic alternative employment prospects.

"A community and junior development role" is a crock of .... People with skills and sound judgment are required in those important roles, not lost souls who get drunk and assault people.

I also agree totally with mmmdl about the cap rort aspect. The club and NRL are going through the motions, they are not really trying to help the community, the juniors, or even Blake, they want a short term fix to help the Roosters NRL side.

bones said:
With Fingerson and Pearce both at the club, they can change their name to the Sydney Gropers.

Bones, an absolute cracker! Fingerson!

NRL 360 Kent reckons that the Rorters are running a con in employing him for his rehab, then say playing footy would help him more and try and register him by 30/6/14 :mad:

He rightly said that Lui was stood down for 12 months.
Fergie has a 2 year suspended criminal sentence, so he should be unregistered for at least 12 months too :cool:

I had high hopes for Smith and Greenburg. But if you are not in their clique especially the Sydney City, Canterbury Bankstown, Queensland clique, equal standards obviously dont count. Getting to the stage where a couple of clubs including Manly should split and form their own league and get a fair go for a change.

mmmdl said:
Why didn't we just sign Glenn, and any other player getting close to retirement, on basic deals, and then sign them to 500k a year "ambassadorial" deals once their playing days are over?

Well firstly the NRL wont register Glenn on a basic contract as the value of the player needs to reflect respectable market value in the salary cap. e.g. he is not worth 80k, so they wouldn't register him for that value. Also if you intended to give him an ambassadorial role post-career, you would need to do it as a hand shake deal as any formal deal would see the NRL pin us for illegal third party deals. A handshake deal doesnt give gift much security.

You are also forgetting that the roosters don't have a salary cap.

The Chooks club motto seems to be...."Salary cap? Our club boss is also the league's broadcast benefactors boss so silly rules don't apply to us".

Would the NRL allow Manly to do this?

HoldenV8 said:

Hahahahahaha!

Endorsed by the NRL, Fittler is now Fergo's mentor. He could teach him a thing or two....about drinking.
Next will be Mitchell Pearce appointed as his counsellor.

niccipops said:
HoldenV8 said:

Hahahahahaha!

Endorsed by the NRL, Fittler is now Fergo's mentor. He could teach him a thing or two....about drinking.
Next will be Mitchell Pearce appointed as his counsellor.

Freddy Got Fingered.

bones said:
Freddy Got Fingered.

lol, I rarely get to choose the movie anymore as I told my better half....let's watch freddy got fingered! It's an awesome movie!

Forget the salary cap rort, although important it is less important than @seaeagle8's point that what lunatic thinks anything in this mans CV qualifies him as an appropriate person to advise schoolchildren.

He should be on some sort of offenders register and barred from contact with vulnerable youth.

I assume his message will be don't do what I do. That will be a hard message to sell when he turns up to the school in a luxury sportscar in flash clothes signing autugraphs.

I am all for redemption, but only after some, any, a hint of some real turn around. Not the next week as a scam to get back on the payroll.

I would love to hear a news report of parents taking their kids out of any session he was part of in protest.

What I don't get is, that as a registered sex offender, how he is allowed near children at all, let alone given a job that is all about contact with them :huh:

Whilst his conviction was for assaulting an adult, the SOR precludes people from working with Minors as I understand it.

Its all beyond the Grass Roots Fan, how the NRL Integrity Unit define their charter :cool:

we didn't have enough cap left to sign Glenn....
NRL wouldn't register a conract only worth $200K!
they see him as a $400K per year player

HappilyManly said:
Whilst his conviction was for assaulting an adult, the SOR precludes people from working with Minors as I understand it.

That's right HM. He would need to get a working with children check and he will not pass.
The whole thing is a sham.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4