The new technology that could end contentious forward pass calls

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I would like them to also analyse all games since 1947 retrospectively. I'm sure if we pull out al the tapes and apply some AI to the grainy footage we can find some decisions that were wrong.

I'm sure there are some premierships we were denied on forward passes that I would like awarded to Manly.

NYEagle

Last edited:
I would like them to also analyse all games since 1947 retrospectively. I'm sure if we pull out al the tapes and apply some AI to the grainy footage we can find some decisions that were wrong.

I'm sure there are some premierships we were denied on forward passes that I would like awarded to Manly.

NYEagle
AI would be an improvement on what passes for intelligence at NRL.

The technology can't overcome that to determine a forward pass you have to watch the player's hands when he is passing the ball, plus add in momentum when players are running.

The best fix the NRL can do is when play gets near the try line, FFS stop having the touchie looking down the touch line, instead of looking for a forward pass.

Why does the NRL have the touchie looking at the same very thing the bunker can review, while having the touchie not looking at all at what can't be reviewed.

Ball-tracking technology could be introduced by next season after ‘positive’ test results​

The NRL’s head of football, Graham Annesley, has revealed initial tests on ball-tracking technology yielded positive results.

Full story (no paywall)...

lol.

I watched the video with the article and it was done by 2 'afl' reporters.

1 - "So I don't know why they need this. what's it going to tell you?"
2 - "I don't know. I guess how fast the ball is travelling and stuff like that."

lol - that's the best they could do?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10