the new choc watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
For those who watched the panthers v scum I couldn't help but see a young Choc in Adam Docker. Built like choc,short and powerful,ran the tough outside in lines behind the ruck,great leg speed and hits like a sledgehammer.

I haven't seen a bloke pull off so many big hits each and every game like this kid does for a long time.Last night was not a one off-he just keeps smashing them in every game.

And the fullback is a great talent too.

Didn't see the game but I'll keep an eye out for him next time I catch a Panthers game. Any footwork ?? Choc has that little step that gets him between defenders, and he also has pretty good acceleration for a big unit.

Haven''t seen any footwork yet C and C.I know it s a huge wrap on the kid comparing him to Choc but being so absolutely dominant in defence at such a young age bodes well for a huge future.

Whare s defence was great last night including some big hits.He is getting bigger and will be a good buy for them.The second rower Robinson can run into a hole as well.

Funny you should mention that. The same thing crossed my mind after watching one of his runs from a distance shot. Very similar body shape and traits.

susan said:
Whare s defence was great last night including some big hits.He is getting bigger and will be a good buy for them.The second rower Robinson can run into a hole as well.

Their buying has been pretty astute

Manu is 1 of the few that have left the Storm and gone well, Lewis Brown is playing well for them covering the centres, you mentioned Whare, Isaac John looked a good steadying influence in the halves and they still have that young fella Roberts they got from Souths to come back from injury

Kite and Soward are good signings for next year too

The young fullback looks to have the most potential for me- he looked very good with his hands on the ball and catching bombs. Penrith are going much better since Gus actually got involved a few weeks ago and made a few decisions.

Was waiting for someone to bring up that Docker , glad it wasent just me thinking it but he has been very solid and hits hard in defence and consistently to - great talent !

That fullback will be some player in future , nothing seems to faze him on the field and seems like pressure isnt an issue for this kid, mix that in with his talent - he will be going a long way

Watched the game and thought exactly the same thing. First thought was, "Man, that kid is running great lines and running very, very hard." Then it dawned on me that he reminded me of someone. Finally it dawned on me that he reminded me of a young Watmough.
Agree with everyone else that their young fullback is another great talent - looked good with and without the ball.
Penrith were just "on" last night - you could see it from their first set of six. And it could have gone horribly wrong for them when Cameron Smith pulled a penalty on the 5th and the Storm found themselves in a great attacking position without deserving it. But David Simmons (who I've always liked as a player) took a great intercept off a sloppy Slater pass and they were away.
The Storm's pack looked woeful, but then I always think their pack is woeful and they keep managing to win plenty of games regardless.
Their ability to "win" the ruck in attack and defence continues to **** me to tears. They get away with so many things other teams don't even try - holds and hands and diving to the ground - that it sometimes feels they're playing a completely different game to everyone else.

Agree entirely Ron.Watch Proctor and Bromwhich every tackle.They hold the guy on his back in a kind of neck lock and watch the referee to judge when they are about to blow the whistle.

Why is our game so hard to ref now.If the action of the tackler is not a normal movement that has occurred in a tackle for the last 100 years then penalise them.Do it for 3 weeks and we have our game back.

I am sick of the term "winning the ruck" and equally sick of the term Melbourne ""culture"".How a team that invented the wrestle and systematically cheated over years has been identified as having a great culture is the great mystery of our game.My mail is that one of these books may go a long way to changing that.

took a great intercept off a sloppy Slater pass....

Are you kidding or what ??? Slater doesn't play sloppy, he's the greatest player ever to lace on a boot. Something must have happened to have caused that error, just like there has been an excuse for every one of his last one thousand errors, I don't believe the messiah messed up.

Say three "Hail Cameron's" and an "Our Cooper Who Art in Heaven", then watch 4 hours of Channel 9 broadcasts of Scum games and learn that the Grub doesn't make mistakes. ;)

Penrith did well and their youngsters were impressive.
On the other hand that was the worst Storm performance I've seen in ... 6 years? when the so-called big 3 have been there. First half was simply terrible.
I'm not surpised about the mental letdown after their 15 wins, and I'm hoping their slump extends into SOO time and their season is scuttled.

Before last night they had made the 4th most errors in the comp and that may have got worse after the bumbling against the panthers.That could not have happened through their golden cheating era surely.

They have been saved by the pinkies a couple of times of late but on the flip side they handled the bunnies well away and have had some tough road trips back to back since round 1.

Who knows what next week holds.First time in a long time they have lost back to back with the big 3 cheats playing so I expect a tough one in a place that has often been our graveyard.

Slater gave up on David simmons before the chase had got to the half way line, only Cronk tried to make him score out wide. I noticed that whenever Penrith were coming out of their 20m zone that by the time the dummy half got his hands to the ball that Melb. were almost in line with the person playing the ball. so either they are not back 10, going early or faster than Asafa Powell.

......or maybe even faster than Dave Taylor was against the merge yesterday at a crucial time.

Another win to the Titans after scoring less tries than the opposition and another nice penalty count(12-6) win to them as usual to back up the efforts of the on field pinkies when they played parra and manly.Having said that the video refs were disgraceful in that game.Titans loss of a try for obstruction was a joke.

Would love to know how many penalty counts they lose at Robina yet Cartwright never stops moaning about being stitched up.

Did I miss something or did I see Slater shoulder charge Simmons as he went for the line. Surely that should have been put on report. Good to see the scum falter.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6