The Nadir of Rugby League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I forgot that one. I meant early in the 2nd half when dce was penalised for touching a player. They almost scored.

Ah you must mean the one where Kenny Edwards took an immediate quick tap about 20 out and ended up only 2 or 3 metres from scoring. Yeah there were offside doesn't-matta players on that one as well but it wasn't called back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the refs for Manly losing last night. The fact is that we just didn't play well enough to win. And sure, you see players get tackled on suspicion each and every game and no penalty is given, but if Kapow hadn't hit French then we get the ball from a knock on instead of Gordon kicking the winning penalty goal.

IMO we had every opportunity to win last night and simply blew it.

Ah you must mean the one where Kenny Edwards took an immediate quick tap about 20 out and ended up only 2 or 3 metres from scoring. Yeah there were offside doesn't-matta players on that one as well but it wasn't called back.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the refs for Manly losing last night. The fact is that we just didn't play well enough to win. And sure, you see players get tackled on suspicion each and every game and no penalty is given, but if Kapow hadn't hit French then we get the ball from a knock on instead of Gordon kicking the winning penalty goal.

IMO we had every opportunity to win last night and simply blew it.
It's true. I don't blame the refs alone. The players were appalling too on both sides. The commentary was lame, and the crowd was the pits. I'm not sure there are any redeeming features. Not even
honesty or integrity.

The camera work was good, kudos to the production crew.

Green Acres?
It's the place to be!

However I was referring to his role as the nasty governor of the prison where Paul 'Wrecking' Crewe (Burt Reynolds) was incarcerated for his troubles, in the original 1974 version of 'The Longest Yard.' Or 'The Mean Machine' for British, Australian, etc. consumption.

See the movie and you will know where I'm coming from (in my earlier post).

Eddie was an excellent actor and served with distinction in the USN in the Pacific, during WWII.

It's the place to be!

However I was referring to his role as the nasty governor of the prison where Paul 'Wrecking' Crewe (Burt Reynolds) was incarcerated for his troubles, in the original 1974 version of 'The Longest Yard.' Or 'The Mean Machine' for British, Australian, etc. consumption.

See the movie and you will know where I'm coming from (in my earlier post).

Eddie was an excellent actor and served with distinction in the USN in the Pacific, during WWII.
Cheers TZ, I'll look for the movie. I didn't know he was in WW2, I'll read up on it.

Nadir? Sadly I think we ain't in the basement yet.

We have more betting scandal guff to come for sure and that won't come until we play another 'involved' team.

I'd check the touchies phone contacts to see if any of them had a lazy dollar on parra 1-12. How much do touchies earn anyway?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6