The music clip thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The King Burning the stage with love ......

Girl, girl, girl, girl
You gonna set me on fire
My brain is flaming
I don't know which way to go

I used to luv the song roll over lay down. Brings back lots of memories
My older Sister 'used to love' David Bowie back in the 70's,as did I, then she gave me all the vinyl albums in the late 70's. We'd already back catalogued to Hunky Dory and The Man Who Sold The World and back to his late 60's releases as well.
We even have " The Laughing Gnome " on 7" vinyl.
" You look like you're from The London School of EcoGnomics "

The point is that I don't understand how someone can "used to luv ' a song.
Once I love a song I stay in love with it.
I used to luv The Beatles............
I used to luv Max Krilich and Ian Martin and Alan Thompson and Allan Thomson and Graham Eadie...........
Allan Thomson was my year 3 school teacher, very cool guy.

My favourite Quo song:

It's a great psychedelic song from 1968.
Their mid-late 60's psych tunes are far out and cosmic.
By 1970 QUO had transitioned into denim wearing hard stoner Rockers.
Two of my fave albums are 1970's " Ma Kelly's Greasy Spoon " and 1971's " Dog of Two Head "

Next month will be the 50th Anniversary of the release of " Pile Driver " which peaked at #15 on the Australian Charts, not long after Manly won our 1st Premiership. Captain Freddie Jones!!!!
RIP - Alan Lancaster
RIP - Rick Parfitt

Long Live The QUO!!!

I got a Hunka, Hunka, Burnin' Love.
Great rockin' song from 1972
The King of Rock and Roll was Elvis

and the King of Rugby League was the Manly Incomparable Immortal

1668280151362.png

My favourite Quo song:

Mine too. That riff really gets stuck in your head.
Francis Rossi on writing the song....
"I wrote it on the bog. I'd gone there, not for the usual reasons...but to get away from the wife and mother-in-law. I used to go into this narrow frizzing toilet and sit there for hours, until they finally went out. I got three quarters of the song finished in that khazi. The rest I finished in the lounge."

Last edited:
Mine too. That riff really gets stuck in your head.
Francis Rossi on writing the song....
"I wrote it on the bog. I'd gone there, not for the usual reasons...but to get away from the wife and mother-in-law. I used to go into this narrow frizzing toilet and sit there for hours, until they finally went out. I got three quarters of the song finished in that khazi. The rest I finished in the lounge."
True story. It was mainly his interfering Mother - in - law he was avoiding.
Francis was only 19 yrs old in 1968 when he wrote, recorded and released " Matchstickmen "
QUO's next Single " Ice in the Sun " only reached #70 in the USA, which apparently isn't regarded as a Hit song.
Post 1968 the USA and Canada ignored the Greatest Rock Band of all time.
I own 33 of their Studio albums, plus all the non-album songs and rarities.
I have a very broad and eclectic taste in music, though there has only been one 'Real ' Rock Band in history.
It would take a Phd and volumes of writings to explain that statement.
When you get a Telegram in 1975 from Chuck Berry for your Cover Version of " Bye Bye Johnny " you know you're doing something right.
Recorded LIVE in the studio ( as the majority of QUO's albums were ) " Bye Bye Johnny " is a very fast and heavy Rock track, with the late, great ALAN LANCASTER on vocals.
Long LIVE the QUO!!!!!!!!!

Forty five hundred times I’ve told you how much I care
4500 Times is always voted by QUO fans as their favourite QUO song.
If you listen to the LIVE version which has a duration of 16" 43', you'll hear 100 different Riffs and all the chords available to Guitarists being applied.
Unbeknownst to modern day music fans, their fave Bands have stolen the QUO Riffs and used them on multi- platinum selling albums.
Mainstream music journalists and publications won't bring this fact to the attention of the general public, just as the Australian media won't publish all the major achievements of Labor Govts. that benefit 100% of the population. Floating the Aust. Dollar, De-regulating the Banks,
Compulsory Superannuation, it's a very long list........
Labor - helping people, the Liberals - trying to stop them

Long LIVE the QUO!!!!!!!!!!

4500 Times is always voted by QUO fans as their favourite QUO song.
If you listen to the LIVE version which has a duration of 16" 43', you'll hear 100 different Riffs and all the chords available to Guitarists being applied.
Unbeknownst to modern day music fans, their fave Bands have stolen the QUO Riffs and used them on multi- platinum selling albums.
Mainstream music journalists and publications won't bring this fact to the attention of the general public, just as the Australian media won't publish all the major achievements of Labor Govts. that benefit 100% of the population. Floating the Aust. Dollar, De-regulating the Banks,
Compulsory Superannuation, it's a very long list........
Labor - helping people, the Liberals - trying to stop them

Long LIVE the QUO!!!!!!!!!!
Whatever you want. ...... Actually on a serious note , that floating of the Australian dollar in particular made a huge difference to the previously artificial dollar setting and the then subdued Australian economy , in many cases resulting in Ausi exporters getting something like 25 - 30 % more in revenue . Then fortunately almost in conjunction , receiving cheap imports from lesser developed countries and the booming Chinese economy , For a long time now obviously our biggest trading partner . Understandable to have some differences with them but not to overplay it . Great country here but still a small bit player in the overall scheme of things

British guitarist Keith Levene, a founding member of The Clash and Public Image Limited, is being remembered as a reinventor of punk rock after a friend announced his death on social media.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8