The music clip thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dave Edmunds playing some incredible guitar in 1969. Unfortunately the cameraman is an idiot and focuses almost exclusively on the bass players fingers

Meant to say that that was some very good guitar playing. Thank goodness for the internet so I can look up a bit about these guys you post.

Plus... I guess - Bass players need love too! lol

edit: first non classical version of sabre dance I think I've listened to! noice

I dunno, it was the 80's
Best decade of my life. Musically, tested every genre going.
And romantically met my partner for life (30 years now), at a gig at the Pennant Hills Hotel. The American band "the Cramps" were playing. I went by myself as my Westie mates would never be on board with this rock-a-billy/ leather/bondage wearing gear band, and the fact a ‘chick’ was the guitar player dressed the same, they would’ve burnt all my flannos . Couldn't tell you what I did yesterday, but I remember that night like it was yesterday. (Sorry for the nostalgia trip, but you put up anything 80’s, and I’ve got a story for ya all.)

Last edited:
Best decade of my life. Musically, tested every genre going.
And romantically met my partner for life (30 years now), at a gig at Eastwood Tavern. The American band "the Cramps" were playing. I went by myself as my Westie mates would never be on board with this rock-a-billy/ leather/bondage wearing gear band, and the fact a ‘chick’ was the guitar player dressed the same, they would’ve burnt all my flannos . Couldn't tell you what I did yesterday, but I remember that night like it was yesterday. (Sorry for the nostalgia trip, but you put up anything 80’s, and I’ve got a story for ya all.)

Nostalgia trips are always good! Nice one. 30 years!

The guitar was bigger than the lady. They really phoned the lyrics in on that song. lol

Loved RatCat back in the day. Great guitar sound - saw them live a few times - Annandale Hotel was one memorable gig. This song whilst not one of their big hits, has always been one I've liked - just love the Challenger soundtrack in the background in true timeframe. The length of the song is the length of time Challenger was in the air before as they say "obviously a major malfunction"

Any Smiths fans out there ?? Many a night at Uni spent studying and listening to Moz

* The things you discover on Youtube - Jeff Buckley did a cover of that second song :oops:

Never heard of these guys until tonight - sometimes Youtube algorithm throws up some good stuff

Loved RatCat back in the day. Great guitar sound - saw them live a few times - Annandale Hotel was one memorable gig. This song whilst not one of their big hits, has always been one I've liked - just love the Challenger soundtrack in the background in true timeframe. The length of the song is the length of time Challenger was in the air before as they say "obviously a major malfunction"

Many glorious nights spent at the Annandale.....

I saw them open for Inxs in Brisbane "years ago" bought their CD which I'm sure has been donated along with the rest of my CD collection I left in Australia. (Thank goodness for Spotify).

Nice track. There's a space dedicated tv channel over here and I've watched plenty of shows on the Space shuttle missions recently. Poignant to hear the track.

Also last year was 50 years of Apollo 11 (of which I actually own a small piece!) and this year is 50 years since Apollo 13 - not as successful, maybe the NRL should not have named their committee Apollo. lol

Many glorious nights spent at the Annandale.....

Adalita is cool, Magic Dirt were a good band. I was never a massive fan but probably saw them live 2 or 3 times. One of the Youtube pleasures for me is listening to Rockwiz Duets, you always get some great covers. Here's one she did with J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr)

Adalita is cool, Magic Dirt were a good band. I was never a massive fan but probably saw them live 2 or 3 times. One of the Youtube pleasures for me is listening to Rockwiz Duets, you always get some great covers. Here's one she did with J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr)

Excellent, a Tuesday night binge watching Rockwiz Duets.:party:

I hear the naked bloke on the pole now regrets his decision to wave his dick around behind Jerry Garcia...In a 2013 interview with Jambands.com, Merry Prankster and emcee of the Dead's Veneta show that day, Ken Babbs says that the naked guy, "isn't a long haired, backwoods guy any more." It turns out that he's a clean cut, straight forward real estate agent who, when approached about doing an interview for a documentary based on the Veneta show, quickly declined and wanted nothing to do with it. LOL

Last edited:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8