The Moylan Rage

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We don't have that "freak of nature" type of player. Tom comes close, but Moylen is that type that opposition teams literally crap themselves over.

Not.only is he an upgrade on Green, he'd be an upgrade on what Foran was here.

He'd be on Taufua, Kelly and Winterstein's side of the field though which would be a minus. I'd much prefer him feeding Sironen, Walker and Uate.

We don't have that "freak of nature" type of player. Tom comes close, but Moylen is that type that opposition teams literally crap themselves over.

He'd be on Taufua, Kelly and Winterstein's side of the field though which would be a minus. I'd much prefer him feeding Sironen, Walker and Uate.
Every time we play Penrith when he's playing , he's the one im always concerned about . A naturally gifted player that can cut a team to ribbons on any given day.

Moylan has been a thorn in our back side for a few years when we have played the Riff. One thing I have noticed about his game is he is a very good dummy half and gives crisp passing service to runners early in a set from the full back position. He has great vision as well and is always dangerous near the try line. If it is true that he is bound for Manly, I think it will improve our team in a big way, he is 25 and perfect to give the club his best years. I hope this happens but that will all depend on Gus, Hook and the Riff, assuming Blake Green takes up the offer he allegedly has from the Warriors

I think that Moylan feeding Frankie, would enable his RU 7s skills to blossom and get Frankie to start running with the ball :nod:

It's something to get excited about over this off season :)

Whilst I know Moylan's a good player, I'm also slightly wary - reasons being 1) he re-signed with the Panthers for another 4 years! and 2) he reminds me a little of Foran (dodgy hammy and needs time-out from NRL) - so I wonder if us signing him is really wise :wondering:

However, others here are far better judges than me, so I respect everyone's keenness to have him..... :rock:

They never wear their traditional brown any more.

1966 Penrith conversation: Hey we got a gig in the league next year, awesome! What colour jersey should we have? I know, brown!! Yeah woohoo let's choose brown!
Actually it could have been great forethought...... a premonition if you will, of the future signing of a great kiwi international......
Just saying.

V8, your post showed your shrewdness and thought pattern. The only thing I would add is that Moylan's issues are about wanting to play 5/8 not fullback and long term. He wouldn't come here just to change jumper colour.

I have heard that a big part of his fallout with Griffin is that he wants to play 5/8 and Griffin wanted him to play fullback.

Personally I think a lot of Moylan's motivation with wanting to play in the halves is that he see's the NSW spot up for grabs (Maloney is in his 30's so won't last forever) and with Thurston and Cronk nearing retirement he'll have a better shot at a Kangaroos jumper. And playing fullback won't help him in that regard. As we already have Tom at the back, Moylan would feel pretty safe that he'd only play fullback here if Tommy got injured.

Last edited:
In the overall scheme of things , there does seem to be much more of an up side if Moylan is able to join the club now for future seasons . He of course will come at a considerable price but while the increased cap amount is mainly being facilitated to improve the lower tier players income , proportionally some also is to supplement the larger contracts, so a 700 grand contract would then naturally not practically have as much cap impact as previously . For 700 grand . any N R L club would expect to be getting a well above average player and Moylan does fit this category , in playing ability and exceptional skill level . A bit early for Jamie Lyon type comparisons and no doubt still requiring the Warrior"s taking Green and maybe now even a Hastings move but again at this stage of the 5 / 8 future position cycle for Manly and the opportunity to acquire a not always available quality and gifted player , definitely well worth any attempt to acquire him right now . Any other aspirants like Tom Wright for example are versatile enough to be still considered for another back line position in future times .

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10