The most annoying thing about today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
George gave us a "Push it up" hand signal and a couple of players lifted their arms and applauded towards us as they headed back to the sheds.

Not sure what instructions the officials or game day manager at Kogarah had issued regarding the end of the game but it is some times common that the boys are asked to leave straight away to avoid any potential for crowd trouble or abuse/missiles being thrown.

Graham Lowe has no say in these types of things

Dont blame them at all. For one thing, as someone else stated, it was probably out of respect. Its not their home ground, and the Dragons were parading around it sucking in all the glory.
Secondly, as others have already stated, after that game id be sprinting towards the exit. I really wouldnt expect them to have enough pride to walk all the way across to us with those damn Dragons fans in their face - right, left and centre. We all know what cocky, smug little pests they are.
That was a massive St George fan base there, we looked like a tiny dent in comparison.

The most annoying thing for me was the arrogance from some of the Chokers supporters and the even more irritating messages I got from idiot friends of mine rubbing it in.
One of my "friends" had the nerve to send me a picture of a roasted turkey (im assuming it was a turkey) stating "This is what your team looks like after the fire breathing Dragons got to them" needless to say, I wont be talking to him for awhile.

Being stuck on the bus for so long as all the Chokers fan walking past giving it to us was the worst  lol.

At least I have a team for the finals now, whoever is playing them.

Bones link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=185297.msg293852#msg293852 date=1284286754]
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.   

They have probably been on the forums and read some of the stuff written about Bailey and T Rex. In that case i dont blame them for not coming over. Im a huge fan of T-Rex but it doesnt bother me what is written about Bailey...  im just thinking  it could be a reason thats all. He is their mate after all.
[/quote]
Bones link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=185297.msg293852#msg293852 date=1284286754]
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.   

They have probably been on the forums and read some of the stuff written about Bailey and T Rex. In that case i dont blame them for not coming over. Im a huge fan of T-Rex but it doesnt bother me what is written about Bailey...  im just thinking  it could be a reason thats all. He is their mate after all.
[/quote]

This is a good point bones. Imagine if they judged the fans like some judge the players. I am no having a dig at any person by using the occupations, just picked anything that made sense

typical comments may include

Did you see that big bloke in the crowd. He is 120kg and only cheered 3 times all game. A big wanker like that should be able to cheer all day. Obviously got lady lungs and a pea heart. Bloody apathetic dickhead. next game if he doesn't cheer the hardest and loudest for the whole 80 minutes we should cancel his season ticket and trade him for a cronulla supporter

Did you  read that guy that made 20 posts on the forum today. I cant believe his boss employs him, cant be worth the money. Should trade the bastard for someone who will work 480 minutes a day not 8 hours and not bludge for 1 second. I have accounts at that business,no wonder my fees are so bloody high

Gee the guy who hired that apprentice cos he showed potential ought to piss him off now. I know he is young and i know he is still learning but if he can hold a hammer he should be able to build the harbour bridge if we ever come accross a quote like that

I know they hired that guy as a cleaner but the manager pulled  hamstring today so if the cleaner doesn't step up and fill the void he is shirking his workload, letting down the team and when the manager gets better we should piss that cleaner off. Cant bowl cant throw

That was funny James....but "poetic".

I shudder at the the thought of the players reading this...and we know they do.

Imagine T-Rex or Baily reading this....it would be demoralising to say the least.

Not suggesting that the comments are not right BUT at times they get way way over the top.

Yes Mark, we can all go a little over the top at times. Sometimes it's warranted but often it's not.

I understand the need to "vent" I really do, and this has been the most frustrating year...but venting to a mate at the Pub, or calling a mate up and venting over the phone, or sending a "FMD did you see that" text is one thing....slagging off on a public fre for all site often really gets my nose out of joint....anyway that's my rant for the day!!

Applaud for that jbb/james - very funny.

Of course I will still vent. Players shouldn't read the site - and if they do they should be insprired to prove us wrong, not demorialised!!!!

I had a chat with Bob Reilly about this on the bus on the way home. It was the only disappointing thing about the day as we were proud of the boys and wanted to show them our respect. We knew they couldn't hear us during the game, at least we could have shown how grateful we were with their performance....thats what made it disappointing but as Vid said George did "push it up" before walking off.

As for the Dragons fans walking past the bus they got what was coming to them when Duff mooned them through the window lol

Do players really read the Forum????  My goodness, no wonder they've been so crap, filling their head with nonsense when they could be out running 400s.

WAMF link said:
The most annoying thing about yesterday (for me) was receiving messages during and after the game from a st merge mate of mine.

lines like -

\"From memory we have a bit of history in the semi's. Never close games always a blowout\"

AND

\"we are playing pretty boring and suffocating again but that is our style. Our defence actually reminds me of the manly side that won the title in the mid 90's. I think this will win us a premiership as defence wins big games and we therefore only need to score like 16 points and we will win\"

AND

\"Don't get angry at the most professional and disciplined team in comp.\"

AND

\"You should be angry with players like matai and king who got suspended at the wrong time.  Your second halves this year have been the worst in the league. Fitness is an issues and apparently so is finance given that Dessie can't afford a haircut ...... I am very jealous of that hair btw\"

AND

\"The only thing we will be choking on is a premiership ring\"

Needless to say the extra rubbing in made my day a really crappy one.

Your return message to them should have been:
"and just how many premierships has St. George-Illawarra won? Oh yeah, a big fat zero, none, zilch!"

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8