The most annoying thing about today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.   

IF BEAVER WAS THERE IT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED GUARANTEED....no senior players to step up, that watmough character wouldn't have a clue......

I had a feeling the team would not come over to us on the hill which is why we got up and walked out with 5mins to go..those late trys were very soft however i'm pretty happy with the courage shown in the first 40mins..onwards to next season and lets hope there are some new signings in the coming days

DSM5 link said:
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.     

They have probably been on the forums and read some of the stuff written about Bailey and T Rex. In that case i dont blame them for not coming over. Im a huge fan of T-Rex but it doesnt bother me what is written about Bailey...  im just thinking  it could be a reason thats all. He is their mate after all.

DSM5 link said:
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.    
 Further proof of the sad decline of club morale under Lowe.  Remember Kite giving credit to the fans when he accepted the Clive Churchill?  Now they just wanted to get off the field and on the piss to forget a forgettable season.  

Matabele link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=185297.msg293852#msg293852 date=1284286754]
The brave loyal few who made the trek to Dragoons territory witnessed a game where our team gave good heart and stopped a predicted record score going against us.  We also showed that the Goons are pretenders.  At the end of the match our guys didn't even bother to come over and acknowledge us.  They just wandered down the tunnel.  It was a disappointing end to a good day.  They would have been met as our heros'.  We sang and cheered our hearts out.  Why not come over and give us a clap,win lose or draw.  Poor form in my book.  It should be part of the glue that binds us as a club when playing away.    
 Further proof of the sad decline of club morale under Lowe.  Remember Kite giving credit to the fans when he accepted the Clive Churchill?  Now they just wanted to get off the field and on the piss to forget a forgettable season.  
[/quote]

Yeah blame Lowe, morale has been down since the beginning of last year. The place has turned to **** when our co-owners were at each other throats. The Stewart and Watmough incidents didn't help.

I can't blame them for not coming over to us as they probably wanted to get away from all the euphoria at full time - just like we wanted to get out of the stadium s.a.p. and away from those Dragons fans who were giving it to us.

The most annoying thing about today for me was us not scoring a point...so close and yet so far. Should've come out in the 2nd half and made a game of it but it wasn't to be.

The 2nd most annoying were those Dragons fans. Hope they won't be so smug in a couple of weeks.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185297.msg293883#msg293883 date=1284289035]
  Further proof of the sad decline of club morale under Lowe.  Remember Kite giving credit to the fans when he accepted the Clive Churchill?  Now they just wanted to get off the field and on the piss to forget a forgettable season. 
[/quote]

Yeah blame Lowe, morale has been down since the beginning of last year. The place has turned to s**t when our co-owners were at each other throats. The Stewart and Watmough incidents didn't help.
[/quote]  Yes, and that same business saw us jettison a perfectly good CEO for a 'safe' fellow whose only endearing quality is he's vaguely palatable to both parties.  Sad.....

If we were to suggest that Lowe is lets say ineffectual, would that be better or worse than the problems associated with the 2 owners warring ?

Jatz Crackers link said:
If we were to suggest that Lowe is lets say ineffectual, would that be better or worse than the problems associated with the 2 owners warring ?
The two issues are interconnected, though arguably the warring owners is the greater issue, it's further upstream.  I just wish one would buy out the other and be done with it, but both want too much. 

What they should do is apply the usual benchmarks of profit to determine goodwill.  Which in the case of Manly would mean working out which party has the deeper pockets to keep the edifice propped up until the club relocates or a Stadium is built o the north side to coincide with Sydney hosting the 2060 Olympics.

Agreed.

The issue of profit benchmarks to determine goodwill is a very subjective one though. A thousand variations are available. Dont know how they will agree on that if they are at cross purposes.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=185297.msg293899#msg293899 date=1284289848]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=185297.msg293883#msg293883 date=1284289035]
[/quote]

Yeah blame Lowe, morale has been down since the beginning of last year. The place has turned to s**t when our co-owners were at each other throats. The Stewart and Watmough incidents didn't help.
[/quote]  Yes, and that same business saw us jettison a perfectly good CEO for a 'safe' fellow whose only endearing quality is he's vaguely palatable to both parties.  Sad.....
[/quote]

But you said it was because of Lowe. Maybe you should point the finger elsewhere because our problems started well before Lowe arrived. If you're going to blame the CEO for the situation we're in then maybe some of the blame should be directed at Mayer using your analogy.

The 2 owners are to blame, simple as that. A power struggle that went pear-shaped and as a result GM got the bullet. The worst thing about it was it was played out through the media and damaged our 'brand" immeasurably.

I wonder how many people have played a losing semi in front of a large crowd. All they would have wanted is to get off the paddock and to be fair, it seemed as if Manly fans were so outnumbered, they were hardly heard. The lads gave it their all, came up short and would have wanted to get off the paddock quick smart. This has nothing to do with Lowe, Max or anyone. Find reasons to criticize whoever but at the moment Lowe is responsible for the NZ Earthquake, the Hung Parliament and the GFC it seems.

Jatz Crackers link said:
The most annoying thing about today was slater.

Hahahahahah - touche'
I was having a beer with my mate and his girl, and I told her I'd post her comments.

1. "Billy Slater sucks cocks"
2. "Anthony Dropmough"

hehehehehe.....seems she's up to speed with Rugby League politics.

Matabele link said:
  Further proof of the sad decline of club morale under Lowe.  Remember Kite giving credit to the fans when he accepted the Clive Churchill?  Now they just wanted to get off the field and on the piss to forget a forgettable season. 
[/quote]

This is NOT a new thing Mata, and Lowe doesn't have anything to do with this.

When I first started the MWTS trips away this was a real "bugbear" of mine, people had paid good money to fly somewhere, stay for a night or two, go to the game and cheer their lungs out....and the players didn't acknowledge that.

I actually spoke to Des and said how important it was for the players to come over win, lose or draw and to his credit they started to do that.

Everyone will remember the loss V the Titans on the June long weekend, well at the end of the game (even though they lost) they came right over to the fence and cheered us for our support.

I'd say they were pretty devastated last night, and that would be the reason but still poor form I agree DSM.

But Mata blaming Lowe for that is complete bull****,he's the administration manager NOT the football manager or the Coach.....Des or Steve Gig needs the blame for that!!

Someone said this same thing to me at the game, the only reason I can think that they didn't head over to us was out of respect. As a home team it would seem poor form for the losing away side to disrupt your final victory lap of the year.

Also it has been a long season, with a lot to still be resolved and a number of players would still have things on their minds, I am sure that they just wanted it all over and done with, and I can't blame them.

The most annoying thing about yesterday (for me) was receiving messages during and after the game from a st merge mate of mine.

lines like -

"From memory we have a bit of history in the semi's. Never close games always a blowout"

AND

"we are playing pretty boring and suffocating again but that is our style. Our defence actually reminds me of the manly side that won the title in the mid 90's. I think this will win us a premiership as defence wins big games and we therefore only need to score like 16 points and we will win"

AND

"Don't get angry at the most professional and disciplined team in comp."

AND

"You should be angry with players like matai and king who got suspended at the wrong time.  Your second halves this year have been the worst in the league. Fitness is an issues and apparently so is finance given that Dessie can't afford a haircut ...... I am very jealous of that hair btw"

AND

"The only thing we will be choking on is a premiership ring"

Needless to say the extra rubbing in made my day a really crappy one.

Rusty link said:
Someone said this same thing to me at the game, the only reason I can think that they didn't head over to us was out of respect. As a home team it would seem poor form for the losing away side to disrupt your final victory lap of the year.

Also it has been a long season, with a lot to still be resolved and a number of players would still have things on their minds, I am sure that they just wanted it all over and done with, and I can't blame them.

Even so Rusty, even to turn towards the supporters and offer and clap them for their attendance would have been better, poor form by the players and the football staff by not making sure that happened.

I remember speaking with Grant Mayer about this three years ago and he said to me "out of my hands Mark...you need to talk with Des or Steve Gig"....I wonder if it was because Jason King wasn't on the field, either way it was poor form especially as it was clearly pretty tough going for the supporters as well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7