The Middle- no Good

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A win is a win even when flat. That side wont turn up against the Storm so i wouldnt be too concerned. Never got out of 2nd gear. The boys rested last week all looked off the pace. Foz was quiet. Aleo vera was underdone. JAKE was underdone. Shoe was sloppy but we still won easily.

No stress. No blame and no the Coach didnt get it wrong. It happens.

As everybody has said, our middle was soft. I can't understand why DESpicable put Walker there. He's a poor defender, particularly if he is playing as a forward.
I thought Walker was in the 17 as a 'spark' to come on when we needed points? Tonight we needed to shore-up our middle.
I hope The LawMan is preferred over Walker, in future.
Walker vs Lawton is an interesting one. Lawton is in front for mine but Croker proving he can play 80 brings Walker back into the conversation as backline cover/super sub.

Anyway I’m not going to whinge too much as it was a reasonable win. First half was too close for comfort but second half was much better. We seem to play well in the first 20 of the second half.

As everybody has said, our middle was soft. I can't understand why DESpicable put Walker there. He's a poor defender, particularly if he is playing as a forward.
I thought Walker was in the 17 as a 'spark' to come on when we needed points? Tonight we needed to shore-up our middle.
I hope The LawMan is preferred over Walker, in future.

I thought the spark man scored a try when we needed points
It will be interesting what Des does when the Lawman is back
Speaking of sparks . Harpers 3 tries were were sparkling

To be sloppy and complacent and still put 44 points shows that we have the quality in attack to put points against anyone. We have too much strike and creativity so points come for us easy. But if we be error-riddled, and be sloppy in little effort areas we are going to be in for a long ride against top teams. Our edge D on the right side and obvs our middle defence was very soft. We got a lotta things to sharpen up.

Aloiai will be suspended for his tackle and Keppie will be out for a few weeks to go back to Sydney for his child's birth. Going to be going back to toff and de luis on the bench. Interesting to see now that Jake is apart of the prop rotation as walker went back to lock. So we pretty much had 6 front rowers out there today. Crowded with props.

The storm were ordinary and below their best against the cowboys
Rabbits were off a little last week
Likewise panthers and eels
Roosters average for 5 weeks

We fans want 50 each week
The coach and team have other markers during this run into the finals and would be working on plans we are not aware of

Not our best performance as a team or as individuals but still got a win

Not worried about how we played this week

You only play the team your playing against and should not consider what happens if we play the storm the same way we played the tigers

Congratulations to cherry to play strong in a joint that booed you as captain last time

Congratulations HARPER for just always having a go

Congratulations Jake on your return from a long lay off

like so many of our very good sides of the past we have loads of individual game changers

if the team is clunky the individuals find a way to help

If we click as a team and individuals I am convinced no one will get close to us

when we first stared winning games after the poor start our defence was Brutal keeping sides to 0 or 6, we need to find that in the coming month leading into the finals.
24 points in the Final series will probably lead to a loss.

We really don’t want Jake at first receiver. We have DCE, Foran, turbo and Schuster who are far more creative. Jake is a greater defender but lacks speed to trouble defences with the footy. He needs to be a meter eater. I’d been putting him in the front row if Lawton is back.

70% completion needs to improve. The Storm would likely turn that into a starvation of possession, increased defensive load, and an outcome similar to the Raiders game.

Tigers dominated most of the stats - to the point where if you looked at the team stats without knowing the score, you would probably pick Tigers as the winners.

I know errors come off the back of playing expansive footy, but some of the errors in the Tigers game were pretty unforced. Manly have the most errors of any team this season.

And as many have pointed out the middle was exploited by dummy halves who are inferior to every team above us. Manly aren't flying under the radar - teams will be looking at how to counter us, and zippy dummy half runs that get easy meters and freebie tries are going to be lapped up by guys like Cook, Api, Grant, Cheese, Mahoney etc from the top 5 teams.

This game highlights one of the main concerns with having an easy run to the finals - we risk complacency on our performances because the wins keep happening. When we get to the finals we are likely to only have 1 shot at the better teams to get it right. Top-4 isn't out of the question, but I think its more important than people are acknowledging to get that finals experience against one of Storm/Panthers to benchmark your game plan, and have a 2nd shot to modify it.

I think we were average last night but we tend to get that way against teams we are supposed to beat easily...
I had to check the team list to make sure Schuster was on the field in the first half, didn't hear or see him til about 30 minutes in... Made up for it with a few big plays in the second..
Foz wasn't sighted at all, Jake and Aloia coming off a bit of time on the sidelines looked a bit out of sorts..

Did enough to win comfortably without pushing themselves too hard... Expect them to go up about 3 gears against the better teams

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6