The March Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I note with amusement that souffs are once again the March Premiers in the eyes of many commentators. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but I am trying to understand their reasoning.

In the 2nd half of last season they were beaten by every top 8 team in the comp and managed to win one semi against the Raiders, which was certainly no big deal.

They have lost a number of players in Taylor, Pettybourne and Geddes. Yeah, I know they signed Teo (big deal), Lima & Champion, neither of whom I rate. I'll bet pounds to peanuts that Reynolds suffers some form of 2nd year syndrome, even DCE was down on form in year 2. Their forwards are seriously injury prone, their backs are weak and Sutton can't play average (that's all he was last season) two seasons in a row, he will fall back to the usual rubbish.

I have them on the fringe of the 8.

You gotta love the march premiers. Souths were pretty good at marching when they were kicked out of the comp.

I can understand the hype about Souffs. At least last year they did show good form and finished third. But what about the Rorters? The bookies have them shorter than us! As dear old Rex would say: I'm flabbergasted.

The Who said:
I can understand the hype about Souffs. At least last year they did show good form and finished third. But what about the Rorters? The bookies have them shorter than us! As dear old Rex would say: I'm flabbergasted.

Good Form????? they beat ONE, I repeat ONE top eight team in the back half of the comp (Canberra). Please explain to me how this is "Good Form." It's a lucky draw and an overperformance as a result.

I received a membership offer from Souths today but there was 1 for each member in the family. I would like to know how they got our details.

I rated Souths until I read that Ralphie - I must have been buying into the hype! I reckon you are completely right. Shame on me for being sucked in...

Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Good Form????? they beat ONE, I repeat ONE top eight team in the back half of the comp (Canberra). Please explain to me how this is "Good Form." It's a lucky draw and an overperformance as a result.

You can only play who is put in front of you

They made the final 4 last season, under a 1st year coach, so it is only natural to expect them to be rated again with the coach having another year under his belt and rated extremely highly

Personally , I don't really understand why people get so worked up over other peoples opinions about teams

Kiwi Eagle said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

They made the final 4 last season, under a 1st year coach, so it is only natural to expect them to be rated again with the coach having another year under his belt and rated extremely highly

Personally , I don't really understand why people get so worked up over other peoples opinions about teams

Kiwi, didn't you read my first post:

"I note with amusement that souffs are once again the March Premiers in the eyes of many commentators. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but I am trying to understand their reasoning."

Yippee aim back from an extended off season, my first post for 2013

The biggest March Premiers for me,

Are the hopeless tossers in what’s the matta Parramatta they talk about all this tradition pride history and crap every farking start of the year, they might win the first couple then that’s all the wanker journalists talk about,

seriously I can’t wait to hear,

I can’t coach Ricky Stuart explain Parra’s situation of why they are at the bottom of the ladder come say round 10, lol

Manly all the way this year.

Ralphie said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Ralphie said:
The Who said:

Kiwi, didn't you read my first post:

"I note with amusement that souffs are once again the March Premiers in the eyes of many commentators. I'm not particularly bothered by it, but I am trying to understand their reasoning."

Lol, fair point, hope I helped you try and understand the reasoning at least ;)

In general though I never really understand why people get so upset if someone predicts Manly will have a bad year etc

Well it's now official. Souths just won the Premiership by beating the chooks tonight.

Souths looked good, and i think are deserving of the praise many are giving them. That said, wrong time of the year to be firing at your best and while they played well they still didn't look like an 80 minute team, and on many occasions especially on the right side didn't look to know their combinations and positioning all that well, they were getting in each others way. Roosters lost themselves that game with penalities. barring major injury problems i'm pretty sure souths will be thereabouts this year again, so it's hardly a huge surprise many are rating them.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
Souths looked good, and i think are deserving of the praise many are giving them. That said, wrong time of the year to be firing at your best and while they played well they still didn't look like an 80 minute team, and on many occasions especially on the right side didn't look to know their combinations and positioning all that well, they were getting in each others way. Roosters lost themselves that game with penalities. barring major injury problems i'm pretty sure souths will be thereabouts this year again, so it's hardly a huge surprise many are rating them.

This is the point entirely. In my memory only exceptions have dominated early and been there at the end. I remember numerous seasons wher Nth Qld were utterly unbeatable early on, but crashed as usual.

I think South's will be a force to be reckoned with this year they have great talent all over the park. When they click there aren't too many teams that can beat them. They always seem to beat us.

It will be interesting to see how the rep season treats them

Also , might just be me but they could do with some creative back rowers - forward pack is massive but a touch one dimensional?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6