The Manly Way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can't lie. I was a bit underwhelmed. Something is better than nothing but I was hoping for more lifting of the curtain and less traditional tropes set to music. The Beaver speech was great but would've loved to see more fly on the wall reactions from the players. Looking forward to future eps.

It was great. Beaver and cliffy, fascinating speech and showed beaver’s footy brain in particular. Clarke also excellent.

Every great Manly team has had a pommy star. Could this year's be a behind the scene talent? Let's hope so.
*While Eddie has connections to my team here in Tokyo, much prefer to see this talent at the Sea Eagles.

Thoroughly enjoyed the insight into the team and looking forward to the season ahead. Nothing less than finals footy is acceptable this year.

While I understand that some see this as being a little underwhelming, you can see by the reaction of others that our first foray as a team/club into this territory has had such a positive impact. Bring on Episode Two.

@Isz, I can understand what you are saying, but, you more than anyone would know, we are not in the same postcode as the Jets. While it would be nice, 1/3 of their quarterback/wide receiver is our salary cap.

Yeah Penns speech was very flat 😂

He's polarising, that's for sure, and we are hard on him as a community. He is also a business man. All that combines into his family being judged pretty heavily & harshly.

In the past few years, our off field staff and coaching ranks have changed, grown and improved.

I do hope the on field product and results lift as well. Once that happens, I'm sure there will be a change in relative view of him going forward.

He's polarising, that's for sure, and we are hard on him as a community. He is also a business man. All that combines into his family being judged pretty heavily & harshly.

In the past few years, our off field staff and coaching ranks have changed, grown and improved.

I do hope the on field product and results lift as well. Once that happens, I'm sure there will be a change in relative view of him going forward.
Oh I'm not as anti Penn as most.

Doesnt change the fact that it was a awful pep talk

Penn came and said his piece. Our success won't turn on his motivational speeches at training. The coaching staff are key and I like what I see at this stage. On field performance will determine how good it is.

While I understand that some see this as being a little underwhelming, you can see by the reaction of others that our first foray as a team/club into this territory has had such a positive impact. Bring on Episode Two.

@Isz, I can understand what you are saying, but, you more than anyone would know, we are not in the same postcode as the Jets. While it would be nice, 1/3 of their quarterback/wide receiver is our salary cap.
Fair call but hard knocks is acutally league produced.

The whole NFL films is so worth checking out - something I wish the NRL would do

I think it was quite good and the production values were very respectable. Congrats to the people that put it together - they did a great job. I'm in video production and I think this video is does a great job of engaging the audience and giving us a little insight into how the club runs in the background. Well done all.

I renewed my membership today. Happy to say the Manly Way Episode 1 played a role. If the clubs improving and doing such fine work as the Manly Way Off field. Im of the view the same improvements will be happening in other areas as well and hopefully we will see the impact on field. Go Maestrov:)

Absolutely loved it and I will not criticise anything about it. Massive improvement on previous years. Really well done Manly Sea Eagles and who ever was involved. This is a great example of the club showing that it does care about fans and is heading in a good direction with fan engagement. I am really looking forward to the next episode.

I hate the off season. I am missing the footy. The off season is too long but videos like this help. Good to see lots of smiles on the faces of the boys. Come on Season 2024. Can't wait.

I think the clue was in the title - 'restarting the engine' - this was more about the club getting going again than a focus on an individual. Wouldn't surprise me if future titles included something like ' the rookies' , 'speed to burn', or 'the veterans' (sorry DCE!)

Who bloody knows

But I love it

Hmm, Attitude A or Attitude B... :think:🤔
We are in that beautiful goldilocks zone of the off season where we convince ourselves any player with upside is going to deliver.

The players a year or two in will take the next step.
The rookies will breakout.
The last chance saloon guys will rediscover their best.
The perennial under achievers are set to achieve.
The injury prone will finally string games together.

What a time to be alive!!

I hate the off season. I am missing the footy. The off season is too long but videos like this help. Good to see lots of smiles on the faces of the boys. Come on Season 2024. Can't wait.
Lol. I relate more to Disco's, even though I miss the footy too. It is too stressful watching the matches, not to mention can be depressing if things aren't going Manly's way.
Whereas now - no stress, everything is possible!
(But definitely it helps to have the Manly Way video, and training pics, articles etc etc.)
(Also by February I'll start getting very impatient for the games to begin) @:D

wow just loved that, watching them go thru their paces and training ,and produced beautifully.
Not too many shots of the Schu other than standing behind the posts a few times on the one of the sprint sessions .But one shot seemed to show him looking pretty slim I thought ,I really hope he has a good year .
Mr Fluffy still reminds me of a white pointer shark on 2 legs and I guess he wont be in much demand as a motivational speaker ,but still good for the boys to get a little pep talk from the owner
JC looks like a no nonsense no BS pom ,who will drive those blokes hard !!
Anyways cant wait for the next one whenever that is
Go Manly

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8