The lynching continues...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How can Carroll comment? He wouldn't have even seen the tackle. He can't even open his eyes.

Poor Spud. A good soldier for Manly, but sadly left us for an inferior team. Probably took one to many hits to the head. He certainly looks that way.

driftout said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
I read on another forum that apparently Spud Carroll was on the news getting stuck into matai, anybody see it ?

Stuff along the lines of he would never hit a forward with a shot like that etc

I saw the interview last night and was surprised no-one had started a thread here about it. He basically said that Matai should try those high shots on forwards rather than backs and see how he goes then.

Not that Matai's hit was high...but I would be interested to know what c**t eyes thought about Matai's hit last week?

He tried it on a prop
30kgs and a foot taller than him.
he was too scared to get up.
His brother(another forward) started crying and wanted to fight him.
So Matai smashed him too.

That is all.

A Matai hit from memory lane was when he whacked Michael Ennis in September '10.

driftout said:
I'm sure it's just genetics but some might say Gallen looks Acromegalic .
Maybe he was beaten with an Acro bat.

Matai is fast becoming one of my favorites. Yes he sails close to the wind but that happens in this game when you play aggressively. He is not a thug, just a tough player that stuffs up sometimes.

Darren said:
It's a conspiracy and there should be a royal commission on this continual victimisation of our team.

That's the spirit Darren. :D

The reason they hate manly is economic.

Manly fans are literate and intelligent. Not the core readership of the Tele.

That's why the dogs get a lot of coverage.

I watched league 360 the other night. I saw a great SOO try by "ragging bull" Gordon Tallis and I thought when he sat up he smashed his left fist across the face (knocking out the NSW winger) and then celebrating the try.

Did anyone else see that promo? Maybe you could comment and let me know if I am correct.

I am not naive enough to say that the times have changed but Fox still promoted violence in the game and then offers editorial comment on Steve Matti.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Garts said:
Matai is fast becoming one of my favorites.
Fast? He's been playing for Manly since 2005.

20 years after Skivvy retirs, he will have finally ascended to 'First Among Equals' in Garts' pantheon of Manly-Warringah superstars.

As tough as they come, Igor like strength and Terry Hill like guile.

Wasn't suspended for 2008 and 2011 victories.

The hypocrisy of the media to showcase highlights of his legal big hits, and there has been a squillion of them, and other so called journalists driven hy hatred.

Journalits, please!

We love you Matai and the tele can smoke on that!

never got the whole Carroll thing even when he played for us. This is how I compare him to Matai.

Carroll famous for getting smashed, mainly by Harrigan which is embarrassing.

Matai famous for smashing others.

Got a mate who played almost 200 first grade games always said Carroll had more than a touch of dog in him.

So after a media crucifixion, the Nine broadcast opens with everyone talking about how GI contributes to the dangerous position.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4