The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We’ve got $350k extra to spend because of Turbo’s injury. We could argue Brooks is the most like for like replacement available.

Get him in now and start building combinations. Put Schuster at 13
Tigers wouldn't let him go surely.. no one to replace him with

Well I was stunned to hear this, had to spend some time thinking about it.

This signing of Brooks strikes me as potentially great short-term thing, maybe not so great long-term. Although I have seen plenty of Tigers games in which he looked frankly awful, if he comes to us looking for a fresh start and with determination there is no doubt he and DCE would be an elite halves combination for experience and skills. Short-term, we would be a lot nearer a premiership.

Long-term thing, I think we start losing the young talent we have painstakingly built up. The Fainus are gone bar only the official confirmation. Humphreys and Weekes, they would have to be dumb not to read the writing now on the wall. I believe each are contracted to end of 2023 only.

I would like to commend Schuster on his reaction, which I think has been truly impressive. FWIW I think we still see him as long term 5/8 - remembering he is still only 22 years old. Thing about Schuster, a lot of stuff gets said about him; but when you read things he has actually said, he sounds like a first-class clubman and a person of good character. Lots to look forward to with him, and I think he might well end up Captain of Manly.

This signing of Brooks strikes me as potentially great short-term thing, maybe not so great long-term. Although I have seen plenty of Tigers games in which he looked frankly awful, if he comes to us looking for a fresh start and with determination there is no doubt he and DCE would be an elite halves combination for experience and skills. Short-term, we would be a lot nearer a premiership.
Ive seen plenty of games over the past 10 years where DCE has looked bloody awful too.

Long-term thing, I think we start losing the young talent we have painstakingly built up. The Fainus are gone bar only the official confirmation. Humphreys and Weekes, they would have to be dumb not to read the writing now on the wall. I believe each are contracted to end of 2023 only.
We can always make a play to bring them back if they ever do find it to the top, and they fill a need for us down the track. Seen too many promising youngsters fizzle out to be that worried about it. For every Gutho there are a plethora of anti-climaxes.

With Schuster extending, the potential for this signing to be a game changer just got a whole lot better. There are a myriad of reasons Brooks has never fulfilled his undoubted potential. The fact he has played with two football teams worth of halves and hookers is obviously one.

He has always been in high demand with numerous clubs wanting to acquire him.

Having multiple attacking threats such as Turbo, DCE, Schuster will help.

Now it's up to our coaching staff to define his role.

Hey mate, I've been reading these forums for a while and find your posts very interesting. But sometimes I scroll past ones like this because reading a huge block of words without any paragraphs can feel laborious. Which is a shame, considering the quality of the content you provide.
Thankyou @Thewestisbest . I’ve wanted to say something to @manly al, but I didn’t want to piss him off. I used to read all his posts, as he’s obviously an intelligent, calm, supporter with really good opinions . But as my eyes get worse, I have to go for the quick posts, or the spaced out ones (like @globaleagle s….not saying GEs spaced out, just his posts, oh hang on, I better say his are intelligent too. You all know how he gets sometime.lol:p).

But anyway I digress. @manly al if you could sneak a paragraph in or two, and maybe hit the return key to break them up. I promise I will read everyone. Nothing but love @manly al .:inlove:

With Schuster extending, the potential for this signing to be a game changer just got a whole lot better. There are a myriad of reasons Brooks has never fulfilled his undoubted potential. The fact he has played with two football teams worth of halves and hookers is obviously one.

He has always been in high demand with numerous clubs wanting to acquire him.

Having multiple attacking threats such as Turbo, DCE, Schuster will help.

Now it's up to our coaching staff to define his role.
He needs to improve his defense though. I've seen him concede some very soft tries.

That’s the thing with Parker. He is the ultimate team man. If Siebs said Im going to throw you in at prop, Parker wouldn’t blink.(well he might blink once, but then he’d be up for it.)
men in black sugar GIF

Parker is 100 percent the team player and will play anywhere...even if his opposite number is Payne Haas or Big Nelson.

Does anyone think we could have brought back Cade Cust for half the price that Brooks cost, knowing full well he's been impressive every time he's played for Manly already.
Cust is a way better defender than Brooks as well and can play in the halves and looked sharp as a 9.
People have short memories around here thinking Brooks is the saviour, when we could have spared half the BS and signed Cust, knowing what he brings to the table already and better....and for a cheaper price.

Thankyou @Thewestisbest . I’ve wanted to say something to @manly al, but I didn’t want to piss him off. I used to read all his posts, as he’s obviously an intelligent, calm, supporter with really good opinions . But as my eyes get worse, I have to go for the quick posts, or the spaced out ones (like @globaleagle s….not saying GEs spaced out, just his posts, oh hang on, I better say his are intelligent too. You all know how he gets sometime.lol:p).

But anyway I digress. @manly al if you could sneak a paragraph in or two, and maybe hit the return key to break them up. I promise I will read everyone. Nothing but love @manly al .:inlove:
Yeah, I have been browsng these forums long before signing on and always enjoyed reading Manly Al's posts.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8