The Luke Brooks Book Thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’ll get absolutely hammered here, but I actually don’t hate it. It is a bit of a gamble, but at the right price, could be one worth taking

We aren’t getting him for 1 mil a year, that’s a poor contract, but as a running 6 at 600k or somewhere around that mark, I think he improves our side and they could make a decent pairing

The cool thing to do is hammer Luke Brooks, but he has played well when I’ve seen them play this season
Agreed. 650-700 for a half who has a lot of experience and could slot in well next to Chez.

Maybe they are getting rid of all the rainbow trouble makers. No one knows what’s really going behind closed doors so it’s hard to know what it’s all about.
Except Saab, Tuipulotu, Sipley Haumole, Aloia, Schuster and Saab have either extended or are in the process of extending. That makes seven of them still here, Mestrov better get cracking.

I mean in a footballing sense he may fit okay.

But are we giving up on Schuster? Fainu boys out, Fletcher-Myers out, it is very strange times.
Maybe Seibold stamping his own mark on the club, all we can do is wait and watch and see how it turns out, in all honesty I doubt we could do much worse than our record over the past eight years shows

Maybe Seibold stamping his own mark on the club, all we can do is wait and watch and see how it turns out, in all honesty I doubt we could do much worse than our record over the past eight years shows
we haven't 'won' a spoon...yet.

I remember our purge on Wests years ago when we signed Boyd, Brown and Dorathy. However all three of them were gun signings not discards. I do see Brooks as a good signing at 600K per season.

No one is respecting contracts anymore and the NRL are to blame. The players and their managers need to know that the NRL will not register their contract with another club unless they receive a release from the club which currently holds a registered contract. Clubs need to stand their ground and demand release money and if the player breaches his contract he should have to sit out the rest of the season just like Gordon Tallis did and when that happens the NRL need to give that club salary cap relief for the player sitting out the balance of his contract as the club are no longer paying him.

Tough crowd... that price for a half is about the cheapest you will get at NRL level. Allows the team to invest in a quality 9 potentially. Or would you prefer to keep paying Josh 800k for the rubbish effort he has been throwing up this year?
I am sure DCE would have been heavily involved in this decision.

I'm coming around to this signing actually.... When you think of pros/cons:

DCE is 34, as talented as Fainu is meant to be, the fact remains he is years off NRL quality half. Particularly a dominant/controlling one.

The Tarak influence was/is toxic. And whilst Moses is, at worst, just as bad, it seems like the personalities and attitudes of the players in the Moses stable are different. And he's got a much longer track record of quality NRL players. So, conservatively, this is neutral swap in terms of manager influence.

Brooks is a talented, experienced half, in a market where there aren't many, and will be paid well under a million. And Schuster has not had any more flashes of brilliance this year compared to Brooks. Schuster hates running, getting tackled or tackling from the evidence on Saturday.

I’ll get absolutely hammered here, but I actually don’t hate it. It is a bit of a gamble, but at the right price, could be one worth taking

We aren’t getting him for 1 mil a year, that’s a poor contract, but as a running 6 at 600k or somewhere around that mark, I think he improves our side and they could make a decent pairing

The cool thing to do is hammer Luke Brooks, but he has played well when I’ve seen them play this season
Why would you cop a hammering? I like it too, as it also covers our missing lock space with Schuster (a position we are currently playing a prop at).

I like it.

And Brooks has never played semi finals which says it all

We are the Isaac Moses led team now Might as well make him assistant coach FMD

This is like the famous line from the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Bring out your dead.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8