The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes I agree you would like to think Schuster doesn't think he knows everything about NRL having played 60 mins of it and hopefully is happy to learn .Lets face it Foran was one of the best 6s in his day who is a Premiership winner (s/b 2X) and is/was a great,tough,never say die and skillful player .
What I am hoping is the Schu sees it as above and that when Forans days on the field are over which maybe end of 2021 or 2022 that he will move into the coaching ranks a bit like Joey Johns and further help out our young and up and coming halves.
I'm not 100% on Foran coming to Manly but thats my case for it above , and if fit and provided it in know way disenfranchises Schuster then I can see plenty of upside in more direct attack ,better D certainly better ball distribution to the outside backs ,I can also see Foran giving deft balls to Schu as he slices threw a gap and then hands off to our new winger Saab to score .Nice !!
Anyway I wonder wether Des would say to Schuster this is what I am planning to do and why and this is the benefit to you in doing this , and so Schuey are you on board 100% if this Foran plan goes ahead ?
If Schuster becomes half as good as Foran ill be happy. With guidance he can become the best.. he has the skill set and confidence we all seen that. He rushed and kicked a few times frantically. Foran can be the calming influence on him. He learnt from Andrew johns, toovey,dessy and from Orford! Bloody miss the Ox i do! Get him back dessie to coach the goal kickers :)

[QUOTE="Bring back the.... Biff?, post: 1272513, member: 28171"
Foran has been under adversity for years, he's a resilient bugger and as some pointed out above he's had a colourful past... he can tell the youngsters what NOT to do as well.
[/QUOTE]
Or more likely, he gets them on the turps, the punt and the brothels, and they follow in his footsteps.

Yeah great, he's taken the field 65 odd times in the 5 years since he left, and come off injured in probably 20 of those. He's hardly ever on the field.
That’s hardly a point you make... based on that logic, all coaches need to be capable of taking the field to be a mentor. Your original point was nothing to do with Foran’s injuries... it was to do with all his mistakes as a human...

That’s hardly a point you make... based on that logic, all coaches need to be capable of taking the field to be a mentor. Your original point was nothing to do with Foran’s injuries... it was to do with all his mistakes as a human...
We've already got Cherry who passes the on field test on as a human. Couldn't get a better mentor than Cherry mate. The job is taken.

Yeah when he goes down in the first few games maybe you will realise your folly. Any why is it Crocker or Foran, I'm pretty sure there are better options than the washed up old man or the never was.
Never was... he was one of the games best players and the face of the game. Played for NZ and would of carved up qld if he could of...

Who else do we have?
Cust - most likely play 9
Croker (spew emoji)
Schuster - i like him but if he goes down its croker or cust and we will have the same problems as this year. Lack of quality depth! Foran will give us good depth and push walker back to center where he belongs. Am i painting a nice picture yet? Check this out...

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Jake
9. Cust (or who we buy)
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Siro
13. Schuster

14. Not sure
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Jetski

Jake to prop
Walker to center
Schuster to lock or to play 14
For mine id like to see some speed in the 13. So either Schuster or Sironen to lock and jake to prop.

If we could sign hetherington to play prop over afB that would be awesome.

We still need a 9.. do you have any thoughts? Pretty slim pickings out there.. levi sacked so only cust and croker :(

Mr Ned. Who would you prefer... Croker or Foran? Because i dont ever want to see croker again unless its absolutely necessary and all our other options have died. I cant wait to post ye in the prodigal son returns thread. Once we start playing like a well oiled machine like the old Manly teams you will be smitten over Foran like @ManlyTragic Will be ;)
I keep telling you but you do not appear to be listening .... schuster for 5/8 no need for Foran!

Bif .... you need to have a chat your other mate Benji and see what he thinks about Schuster!
If we lose Schuster it is you ‘ Foran lovers’ fault!!

just sayin’

Never was... he was one of the games best players and the face of the game. Played for NZ and would of carved up qld if he could of...

Who else do we have?
Croker (spew emoji)
Schuster - i like him but if he goes down its croker or cust and we will have the same problems as this year. Lack of quality depth! Foran will give us good depth and push walker back to center where he belongs. Am i painting a nice picture yet? Check this out...

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Jake
9. Cust (or who we buy)
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Siro
13. Schuster

14. Not sure
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Jetski

Jake to prop
Walker to center
For mine id like to see some speed in the 13. So either Schuster or Sironen to lock and jake to prop.

We still need a 9.. do you have any thoughts? Pretty slim pickings out there.. levi sacked so only cust and croker :(
That is my exact team too... I like it

We need a complete reprogram. We need to evolve as has the game. We need to knock down the house and rebuild it and I don’t just mean the playing roster but also I’d start with the management philosophy, short term and long term planning (recruitment and retention) and coaching/training staff. We are broken. Fix it. I’d give Des 12 months prove he can evolve and if he can’t then so long.
Yep this club is such a mess and I feel embarrassed to support them at the moment.

If we just slip into the 8 next year or worse than that then des has to go.
The pressure is on next season it's des's greatest challenge I think.

If that's our side next year I'll eat a bat and start another pandemic to shut the season down.
We are letting roughly 8 players go, the side will be vastly different to what is above.
And with those 8 going will have about 2 million to spend , yes sorry @Ryan of all we get out of that is Foran something is seriously ****ing wrong with our recruitment!!

A
And with those 8 going will have about 2 million to spend , yes sorry @Ryan of all we get out of that is Foran something is seriously ****ing wrong with our recruitment!!
A few upgrades need to be done now Mark, I won’t mention the names, the club are hopeful of extending 3 players before November.

What will be interesting is the development contracts for 2021, there are a several younger players that may get a contract.

Who else do we have?
Croker (spew emoji)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Jake
9. Cust (or who we buy)
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Siro
13. Schuster

14. Not sure
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Jetski

Jake to prop
Walker to center

I don't like 14 mate - he is too indecisive for my liking, can never make up his mind on the field.

Who else do we have?
Croker (spew emoji)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Jake
9. Cust (or who we buy)
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Siro
13. Schuster

14. Not sure
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Jetski

Jake to prop
Walker to center

That's a pretty good 17 spine so much better than what we have. Please footy gods keep him fit

Who else do we have?
Croker (spew emoji)

1. Turbo
2. Saab
3. Suli
4. Walker
5. Funa
6. Foran
7. Dce
8. Jake
9. Cust (or who we buy)
10. Marty
11. Olakau'atu
12. Siro
13. Schuster

14. Not sure
15. Keppie
16. Paseka
17. Jetski

Jake to prop
Walker to center

If Foran plays six, I wouldn't be playing Schuster in the middle, I know with the game speeding up mobility is elevated and raw size is less important; however, I wouldn't want to blunt his attack by him making 30+ tackles a game. At least if you put him on an edge he can play a Gifty/Wade Graham type role and make use of his exceptional skills.

A

A few upgrades need to be done now Mark, I won’t mention the names, the club are hopeful of extending 3 players before November.

What will be interesting is the development contracts for 2021, there are a several younger players that may get a contract.
We should be a Centrelink office.... we manage to get our own player a job at the warriors but we only interview the unemployed!

just sayin’

Bingo! Now no Joel and afb and Boyle we lose experienced players. Need some leadership to guide these kids. Foran has been under adversity for years, he's a resilient bugger and as some pointed out above he's had a colourful past... he can tell the youngsters what NOT to do as well.
He’s pretty resilient.... I’ll give you that! Anyone who has spent time at both the dogs and the eels has to be resilient ...... that’s worse than a prison sentence

just sayin

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4