The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the perceived value is him playing for us than it is illegal. This is the rule " If a player is receiving money from any person as a way of inducing him to play for the club, then that money will be included in the Salary Cap".
Agreed that is how it is supposed to work in theory, but we all know that is not the case in reality.

I'm not sure he'd want to learn the lessons Foran is qualified to teach, for example:

Cheating on your wife that's just had your child nuking the relationship.
Taking a pill overdose and ending up in hospital.
Emptying your TAB acount, including betting $20K on a horse that came last.
Becoming buddies with underworld figure Eddie Hayson and bringing him into the club to make other "friends"
Signing for another club when he knew they were trying to keep him and would release other players to do so.

And I'm only listing some of his issues. Go read his Wikipedia page since 2015 to get the full story.

Yeah, has the makings of a great mentor.
Fair call hopefully he just mentors him the on field stuff

OK, so 56 games across 4 seasons is an average of 14 games which is barely more than 50% of each season.

Doesn't sound like a good investment to me regardless of how much he's paid.

It is a risk no doubt, but in top form, he is an 850k+ player, so if you’re getting someone at that level for half the price and get the majority of the season from him, you are winning

It is a risk no doubt, but in top form, he is an 850k+ player, so if you’re getting someone at that level for half the price and get the majority of the season from him, you are winning
You wouldn't be winning if you bet your house on heads and it came up tails

So we're on the final ascent to page 500. I'm wavering between yes and no.
Yes if he comes cheap and we get him at his best and uninjured.
No because he's going to get another injury and miss half the year and he screwed us when he left.

I'm not sure he'd want to learn the lessons Foran is qualified to teach, for example:

Becoming buddies with underworld figure Eddie Hayson and bringing him into the club to make other "friends"
Signing for another club when he knew they were trying to keep him and would release other players to do so.

And I'm only listing some of his issues. Go read his Wikipedia page since 2015 to get the full story.

Some people who have made bad mistakes are often the best mentors if they have learnt some lessons

Some people who have made bad mistakes are often the best mentors if they have learnt some lessons
True that does happen, but what has Foran done to make you think he would be one of them?

If anything I'd foresee an adversarial relationship with Foran trying to keep his spot in the team as his last hurrah with Schuster trying to force his way in.

That might not happen either, but out of the 2 options that's what I predict from Foz.

I think having a mentor like Foran would please Schuster - he wants to learn
Yes I agree you would like to think Schuster doesn't think he knows everything about NRL having played 60 mins of it and hopefully is happy to learn .Lets face it Foran was one of the best 6s in his day who is a Premiership winner (s/b 2X) and is/was a great,tough,never say die and skillful player .
What I am hoping is the Schu sees it as above and that when Forans days on the field are over which maybe end of 2021 or 2022 that he will move into the coaching ranks a bit like Joey Johns and further help out our young and up and coming halves.
I'm not 100% on Foran coming to Manly but thats my case for it above , and if fit and provided it in know way disenfranchises Schuster then I can see plenty of upside in more direct attack ,better D certainly better ball distribution to the outside backs ,I can also see Foran giving deft balls to Schu as he slices threw a gap and then hands off to our new winger Saab to score .Nice !!
Anyway I wonder wether Des would say to Schuster this is what I am planning to do and why and this is the benefit to you in doing this , and so Schuey are you on board 100% if this Foran plan goes ahead ?

Wow... maybe they want him as a mentor for his on field ability... just a thought

I'd take him just as a senior balance for DCE. Currently there is none. And that's a problem.
Bingo! Now no Joel and afb and Boyle we lose experienced players. Need some leadership to guide these kids. Foran has been under adversity for years, he's a resilient bugger and as some pointed out above he's had a colourful past... he can tell the youngsters what NOT to do as well.

Yeah, well this happening too then.
#Manlyspoon2021
Mr Ned. Who would you prefer... Croker or Foran? Because i dont ever want to see croker again unless its absolutely necessary and all our other options have died. I cant wait to post ye in the prodigal son returns thread. Once we start playing like a well oiled machine like the old Manly teams you will be smitten over Foran like @ManlyTragic Will be ;)

Mr Ned. Who would you prefer... Croker or Foran? Because i dont ever want to see croker again unless its absolutely necessary and all our other options have died. I cant wait to post ye in the prodigal son returns thread. Once we start playing like a well oiled machine like the old Manly teams you will be smitten over Foran like @ManlyTragic Will be ;)
Yeah when he goes down in the first few games maybe you will realise your folly. Any why is it Crocker or Foran, I'm pretty sure there are better options than the washed up old man or the never was.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4