The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Imagine having all in one team.
Fainu
Jake
Schuster
Chez
Foran
Turbo
Walker
From a ball playing perspective there is some pretty serious footy ability right there. There is footy smarts across the park.
Agree BUT only if they are on the park, about 60% of the aforementioned struggle to play more than a few games a year.

Agree BUT only if they are on the park, about 60% of the aforementioned struggle to play more than a few games a year.
Yes this will no doubt lower our 2021 injury toll which hasn't been the biggest issue the last couple years so that's something to look forward to.

The other great thing about Foz is that the last 5 years he played about half the games in a season and also managed to lose 2/3's of those games.

Give me one reason why schuster should not be our permanent 5/8 (barring injury)?. Look at how he performed in his first game, looked like he'd been in first grade for years, and just imaging the improvement to come. I have never doubted this kid would be special. The only shining light from this miserable season was the 60 minutes of Schuster in round 17, and his game in the trials. If we lose him over a Foran signing, Des should most certainly be sacked. Am I in the right thread?

On paper it sounds a good idea to pay foran on games played as incentive , but we dont need foran to be playing for next week. We need someone to go hard at the line . If he starts thinking i need next weeks coin, he might start drifting accross field and turning the ball back inside over and over again.

We dont need another one of those

He is a gamble . He is worth a risk because of the way he plays. If self preservation is his driving force, then dont worry about it i say.

The forum will be funny next year. If foran puts together 15 - or 20 games, those that endorsed him will rightly feel justified. If he injures himself the " i told ya so " brigade will be having a ball at manlys expense

But in the end the only reason foran is considered is because manly lacks what he has. And what he has costs is more than manly can afford

Schuster being the smokey in the equation, also a gamble to some extent, but it appears now , with the players under contract. On field performance manly has to gamble or be content with 6th to 12 th on the ladder

After losing AFB we need strike backs to add potentcy to a game that is pretty bland and our backs have been starved of opportunity for a few years.

Who is going to ignite them ?

I bet tom turbo would love to see foz there. Maybe taking some heat and responsability off tom who was a one man band earlier in the season might preserve tom a bit . He was essentially doing what we would pay foz to do and also play fullback

If walks goes back to centre i imagine the time he spent at 6 should make him a harder prospect to contain. He was showing the goods this stint at 6 and parker was on fire outside him.

If this comes off, suli could be sacrificed as he just doesnt get any ball so we may as well play a defender there.
Some interesting perspectives there - an informative post.

The risk with Foran is obvious.
The potential upside though is significant - even Parker would be more dangerous running off Foran, let alone Walker, Suli and Turbo.
However I suspect that the biggest benefit would be in defence, keeping the players around him in position, alert, and focussed.
Will be an interesting decision.
As for the supposed bad blood from his departure, I don't really give two hoots about that stuff. If he was going to sue the club and they don't hold it against him, why should I? @:cool:

Gonna be lots of butt hurt people on here :)

Don't know why? Foz is a quality player. Also, if he signs, he "wants to be here". Lastly, for him to keep pushing on through all the adversity he has faced in his life, despite it all, shows he has heaps of character.

Welcome him back with open arms. Great mentor for Schuster as well. Maybe think Foran may be our 14 (or even 9 to begin).

Also means DCE can focus on one side of the field again like he used to when he won premierships.

Don't know why? Foz is a quality player. Also, if he signs, he "wants to be here". Lastly, for him to keep pushing on through all the adversity he has faced in his life, despite it all, shows he has heaps of character.

Welcome him back with open arms. Great mentor for Schuster as well. Maybe think Foran may be our 14 (or even 9 to begin).

Also means DCE can focus on one side of the field again like he used to when he won premierships.
Looking forward to a few good Yarts from you over the coming weeks Ryan as players leave/come!!!

Looking forward to a few good Yarts from you over the coming weeks Ryan as players leave/come!!!

Honestly, think we pretty well have what we are going to get. Not sure we have players coming. I actually think Parra might even sway Andrew Davey to stay. I think it'll be something like the below, with nominal turnover of players:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. Brad Parker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Dylan Walker
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu / Lachlan Croker
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen