The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Andrew Webster on 100% Footy saying serious talks are underway with Manly and they may even strike a deal in the next 48 hours. Manly looking at 1 year but Foz's manager looking for 2 years.

The jury's still out for me about his return....it may solve some of our problems or it may cause us more problems, or both. If he does return, one hopes the deal is something like what MFB's suggested below, which all things considered is probably the best outcome:

The ONLY way I’d sign Foran is a minimum contract and match payments for every game he plays.

$110k minimum and say $10k a game

He gets busted after two , no biggie , he plays all 26 he earns $370k.

We budget for the highest amount.

Andrew Webster on 100% Footy saying serious talks are underway with Manly and they may even strike a deal in the next 48 hours. Manly looking at 1 year but Foz's manager looking for 2 years.

The jury's still out for me about his return....it may solve some of our problems or it may cause us more problems, or both. If he does return, one hopes the deal is something like what MFB's suggested below, which all things considered is probably the best outcome:
Then its happening. Just a matter of time and fixing up the finer details.

#Foran2021Eagle

Not sure if posted but n-e-way...

Kieran Foran is being strongly linked with a return to the Sea Eagles, but Manly have moved quickly to deny suggestions they will be given outside help to bring him back to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles have had to fend off suggestions that the passing of much-loved supporter Brenda Duchen would result in Foran’s homecoming being fast-tracked. Duchen was a huge Foran fan and backed him as a sponsor when he was at the club from 2009-15.

Manly refused to comment on my information that Duchen’s family was about to make a donation to their foundation. They say those dealings are confidential, but made it clear any donation would not carry a caveat that Foran must be signed.
‘‘First of all, I want to say that Brenda was a hugely respected and loved person at our club and we would like to honour her in an appropriate way,’’ Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

‘‘What transpires between her family and the club is confidential. We do not comment on who donates what to our foundation. That’s between the individual and the club. What I will say is that there is no link between anything that may happen and any player being signed by our club. That can’t happen.’’

Not sure if posted but n-e-way...

Kieran Foran is being strongly linked with a return to the Sea Eagles, but Manly have moved quickly to deny suggestions they will be given outside help to bring him back to the northern beaches.

The Sea Eagles have had to fend off suggestions that the passing of much-loved supporter Brenda Duchen would result in Foran’s homecoming being fast-tracked. Duchen was a huge Foran fan and backed him as a sponsor when he was at the club from 2009-15.

Manly refused to comment on my information that Duchen’s family was about to make a donation to their foundation. They say those dealings are confidential, but made it clear any donation would not carry a caveat that Foran must be signed.
‘‘First of all, I want to say that Brenda was a hugely respected and loved person at our club and we would like to honour her in an appropriate way,’’ Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

‘‘What transpires between her family and the club is confidential. We do not comment on who donates what to our foundation. That’s between the individual and the club. What I will say is that there is no link between anything that may happen and any player being signed by our club. That can’t happen.’’
That was a few days ago... They be playing jedi mind games

Manly want one year, manager wants two. What power does the manager have?

If we sign him at the right price, say 400k, and we manage to get 16+ games out of him at this years form, we have the biggest bargain in the comp. in terms of risk v reward, he is well worth the gamble, especially as Cust doesn’t inspire me at all, and gives us extra depth which we have been crying out for

Cmon grizzly old bear jump on board we will have both he and Schuster. Dont listen to zorba hes a flog. Des has plans and i think with afb moving on we will play jake in the front row. With the Schu playing lock. His speed and skill will be an awesome asset, he can be our new Gifty! Jakes too slow compared to other locks in this new game.
Any thought of signing an injury prone Foran is the devil's work ......

Last edited:
While I am opposed to signing Foran -- especially if it is for any more than $300,000 for one season -- I do think he is smart enough to become a coach when his on-field career concludes. Thus, if his role with us involved learning some base-level coaching skills with a view to a future position then I can see some merit in his recruitment.

My greatest concern is not so much how Foran performs - he is a smart player who still has great ability. I’m am more concerned about his injury history; however, I can’t see us offering him a big contract that will hamstring us if he is injured more than not. I am most concerned about the impact to Schuster and how this dictates where and how much he plays. He is potentially a once in a generation player in my book. We can’t screw this up.

A one year deal would be perfect.

Deal within 48 hours and this thread heading to 500 pages about the same tone after that!!

You are right @ellakasmar it’ll be a war on here following this
Not sure about a war.

Personally I dont want him, but if the he signs I'll do my best to get positive about it.

The signing is not without it's upside, for me though the risk outweighs the reward

So it looks like the majority of his wage will be off the books via third party agreements. If so sounds smart to me

For mind we have the most exciting generation of kids coming through in a long time but have been lacking leadership especially in the backline - they need a calm wise head which, despite how much I like DCE as a player, they do not have.

Cade, the Shoe would all benefit from playing with him.

I was not happy at how he left but considering what he has gone through in recent years and how he has clearly matured I would have no issue in him coming back.

Damn it i was hoping this thread would die peacefully, if foran signs for 2 years it'll reach 1000 pages.
On an upside it'll be great for shuster's development.

On paper it sounds a good idea to pay foran on games played as incentive , but we dont need foran to be playing for next week. We need someone to go hard at the line . If he starts thinking i need next weeks coin, he might start drifting accross field and turning the ball back inside over and over again.

We dont need another one of those

He is a gamble . He is worth a risk because of the way he plays. If self preservation is his driving force, then dont worry about it i say.

The forum will be funny next year. If foran puts together 15 - or 20 games, those that endorsed him will rightly feel justified. If he injures himself the " i told ya so " brigade will be having a ball at manlys expense

But in the end the only reason foran is considered is because manly lacks what he has. And what he has costs is more than manly can afford

Schuster being the smokey in the equation, also a gamble to some extent, but it appears now , with the players under contract. On field performance manly has to gamble or be content with 6th to 12 th on the ladder

After losing AFB we need strike backs to add potentcy to a game that is pretty bland and our backs have been starved of opportunity for a few years.

Who is going to ignite them ?

I bet tom turbo would love to see foz there. Maybe taking some heat and responsability off tom who was a one man band earlier in the season might preserve tom a bit . He was essentially doing what we would pay foz to do and also play fullback

If walks goes back to centre i imagine the time he spent at 6 should make him a harder prospect to contain. He was showing the goods this stint at 6 and parker was on fire outside him.

If this comes off, suli could be sacrificed as he just doesnt get any ball so we may as well play a defender there.

Last edited:
just sign him for base salary - $105,000 (i think) & match payments for every game he completes.
i.e. if he played 20 games at say $15,000/game he gets an extra $300,000.
if he only finishes 5 games then he gets an extra $75,000.
if by some miracle managed to play 20 games, with his ability & influence on others we'd be back where we belong, & only paying him just over $400,000 for the season wouldn't be too bad in my eyes
I don't think base salaries work with the salary cap? The $ 400k would be taken up in the cap regardless of how many games he played. Correct me if im wrong

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4