The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pls confirm your source, I don't wanna get my hopes up hahhaa
Manly could be only days away from making a formal offer to Kieran Foran as they give serious thought to using some of the money from the departure of Addin Fonua-Blake to bring their prodigal son back to the club.
Foran is off contract at the end of the year, Canterbury having pulled their contract offer to the New Zealand international after he hesitated on accepting their deal.

Their loss could yet be Manly’s gain as the Sea Eagles look to bolster their squad following the departure of Fonua-Blake. The Tongan prop is expected to confirm a move to the Warriors as early as Tuesday, having been given permission by Manly to explore his options outside Sydney.

READ NEXT
The Warriors expressed an immediate interest and had the salary cap space to weigh in with a lucrative three-year-deal for Fonua-Blake, believed to be worth upwards of $2.5 million.

Fonua-Blake was on $840,000 next year at Manly and slightly more in 2022. While the Sea Eagles cap was tight, they now have money to spend and a desire to use it.

Foran looms as a viable option given he is off contract, has a preference to return to Manly and is likely to be available at significantly less than the $1.2 million a year he was earning at Canterbury.

He would also help alleviate some of the pressure on Manly captain and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans and provide an experienced sounding board for young five-eighth Josh Schuster, who has been earmarked as the Sea Eagles’ long-term No 6.

Schuster made his first-grade debut for Manly against the Wests Tigers a fortnight ago and there is a belief within the club that Foran would provide not only depth in the halves, but also a shoulder for Schuster to lean on.

He would also give them an insurance policy in case Cherry-Evans suffered injury — the Manly skipper has played every game for the Sea Eagles this season.

Manly also have Cade Cust in their squad but there is a chance he could move to hooker in the off-season, the club having already made the decision to let their regular No 9 Danny Levi head to the open market.

Foran left Manly at the end of 2015 but his time since at Parramatta, the Warriors and Canterbury has been pockmarked with personal issues and injury.

Every time he looked to be rediscovering his best form, he suffered another setback. Having returned in round four this year, he strung together 14 consecutive games and was one of the best performers in a Canterbury side that struggled to find wins.

Foran scored four tries, recorded 12 try assists and nine line break assists before he was struck down by a pectoral injury. He subsequently underwent surgery but is expected to be fit to resume pre-season training,

It’s looking increasingly likely that his destination will be the club he helped to the 2011 premiership.

The recruitment of Goran has been going on behind the scenes for a while this season, Foran is a class player no doubt.

The issue with Foran returning is the poor mindset of the coach, the yesterday’s year’s philosophy has not worked for us in our game this season.

I ask myself how poor the performance of Donny and Crusher in their field of expertise has been and that leads me to the good old boys ain’t working for us.

A no to Foran for me and a big yes to Schuster as how number 6.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4