The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Foz will turn 30 years of age next season the season he will miss and he will turn 31 years of age if he decides to risk his injury prone body and make another comeback .
Foz's one million dollar deal runs out at the end of next season , the season he will miss.
The higher a player becomes an injury prone/risk the lower his contract value goes down .

How much money will it take to entice Foz for another shot in the NRL ?

If you guys/girls YES YOU !
were a recruitment officer of a club how muck money would you offer Foz given his high risk injury past ?

If Foran is medically retired the Sea Eagles Management must surely say enough is enough and contact the NRL requesting they review the 2017 situation where Steve Matai and Brett Stewart's salaries were counted towards the Manly 2017 salary cap without them playing a game.

Since 2017 numerous players have been "medically retired" in very similar circumstances to Matai ans Stewart. The NRL should add their salaries back into the salary cap for Manly from 2020 and/or review the salary cap penalty for 2017/18 and potentially refund a portion of the fine back.

Manly management have got to take a stand here. To my knowledge we are the only club that have had to carry players salaries on the salary cap after they have retired due to injury. Watmough, Inglis, Matulino and now potentially Sam Burgess and Foran's salaries have been deemed exempt from salary cap due the view that their injuries were not pre existing when they signed their final contract's pre career ending injury.

It's totally ridiculous to suggest that Brett Stewart and Matai's injuries and contract status were any different to these cases above.

You know, in all honesty I do feel for Kieran Foran. Sure most of us don't like how it all ended between Manly and Foz, but the sad fact is that when he is fit and in form he genuinely is one of the best halves in the NRL.

Problem is that these days he's rarely fit to play.

But even when he was with Manly, many of us predicted that unless he started taking some self preservation, his body would start to break down. Low and behold, we were right about that.

He's definitely joined the list of those who achieved success at Manly, then their career went downhill after joining another NRL club (they seem to go OK if they go to England).

If Foran is medically retired the Sea Eagles Management must surely say enough is enough and contact the NRL requesting they review the 2017 situation where Steve Matai and Brett Stewart's salaries were counted towards the Manly 2017 salary cap without them playing a game.

Since 2017 numerous players have been "medically retired" in very similar circumstances to Matai ans Stewart. The NRL should add their salaries back into the salary cap for Manly from 2020 and/or review the salary cap penalty for 2017/18 and potentially refund a portion of the fine back.

Manly management have got to take a stand here. To my knowledge we are the only club that have had to carry players salaries on the salary cap after they have retired due to injury. Watmough, Inglis, Matulino and now potentially Sam Burgess and Foran's salaries have been deemed exempt from salary cap due the view that their injuries were not pre existing when they signed their final contract's pre career ending injury.

It's totally ridiculous to suggest that Brett Stewart and Matai's injuries and contract status were any different to these cases above.

Mate, I still think that the NRL not allowing Snake and Skivvy to be medically retired had more to do with the salary cap witch hunt going on at the time than anything. They knew full well that it would only be technical breaches of the TPA rules and that they couldn't hit us as hard as Greenturd obviously wanted to. Not allowing the medical retirements was just their way of adding to the punishment without officially adding to the punishment.

Foran really needs to give it up now. He is not 30 and he has serious long term injuries. I look at his career and see now that we saw the best of him from 2010 till half way through the 2014 season when he fell out of love with our club and was seduced by empty promises at the whinging worms. Sad thing is he could have truly been a Manly legend. He will be remembered for his toughness, skill and ultimately how he deceived our great club!

Mate, I still think that the NRL not allowing Snake and Skivvy to be medically retired had more to do with the salary cap witch hunt going on at the time than anything. They knew full well that it would only be technical breaches of the TPA rules and that they couldn't hit us as hard as Greenturd obviously wanted to. Not allowing the medical retirements was just their way of adding to the punishment without officially adding to the punishment.

I never thought of this like that but now you mention it , it sounds very logical.

@:cry:@:cry:

lara400kiss.jpg

In April 2004 Brian Charles Lara returned to St Johns Oval Antigua, a venue where 10 years earlier he had plundered the hapless Poms for what was then a world record test score of 375. Funnily enough it was once again the gormless English that were to be subjected to another Lara batting exhibition, as he set about regaining the record for the highest individual test score. Winning the toss and deciding to bat he was 86 not out at the end of Day 1, he had reached triple figures by the close of play on Day 2. On Day 3, it was in the 202nd over that Lara hit Gareth Batty for a single to bring up his 400. An innings that lasted two minutes shy of 13 hours and saw him become the first player ever to hit a quadruple test century. He faced 582 deliveries and hit 43 fours and four sixes. His record innings still stands, as does his record first class score of 501*.

When he retired less than three years later he finished with nearly 12,000 test runs at an average of over 52. His maiden test century was a masterful 277 against the Aussies at the SCG, which I had the good fortune to witness live. It was an indication of things to come as he had a penchant for going large once he was set, scoring 2 triples and 7 double tons in his test career. In an era blessed with some quality batsmen I'm not sure there were any better than B C Lara in terms of beauty in strokemaking. On his day he was nearly impossible to dismiss and could dissect the best attacks with grace and skill, never looking hurried. It was like he existed in a world where everything happened half a second slower.

lara400.jpg

Great article and Great Batsman

My personal favourite was the master blaster Viv Richards who would go out and pulverize the best of bowlers. Sir Viv Richards was a 100 metre sprinter but no one can deny the record holder and marathon man Brian Lara

Never the less the Master Blaster has set some incredible records of his own...

International records
  • In 1986, Richards became the first batsman to score a Test century at a strike rate of over 150.[49]
  • Richards scored the fastest century in Test history (56 balls) in 1986,[50] being sole record holder until his feat was first equalled by Misbah-ul-Haq in 2014[51] and then eclipsed by Brendon McCullum's 54-ball ton in 2016.[52]
  • Richards set a record for being the fastest batsman to 1,000 ODI runs (21 innings); this record has subsequently been equaled by Kevin Pietersen, Babar Azam, Jonathan Trott and Quinton de Kock in just 21 innings.[53]
  • He along with Michael Holding set the record for the highest ever 10th wicket partnership in ODI history.(106*)[54]
  • He also holds the record for the highest individual ODI score when batting at number 4 position(189*)[55]
  • He became the first player to score a fifty and to take a five wicket haul in the same ODI. He also became the first cricketer to score a century as well as to take a five wicket haul in the same ODI match[56][57]
  • Richards was the first player to complete the double of scoring 1000 runs and taking 50 wickets in ODI history.[58]

too right!!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4