The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Hard to believe DES would not find a way to retain FOZ if he wanted too. $350k for an experienced half who is fit and playing well is an absolute steal. Might be more too it. Might be more to play out yet.
We can’t fit him under the cap as is, but of course, if we really wanted to keep him, we could let someone on decent coin look elsewhere but I can also confirm that the Schuster promise is a legit piece of journalism and there was going to be an almighty uproar if he didn’t get the 6 for next year.

Shoe1

Journey Man
can 't underestimate Weekes to develop into a good 6 as well . Seems to like a bit of room to move and a natural fit as a full back but a lot of natural ability and speed and footy sense so no reason why again he could not be a capable 6 . Should be able to manage O K in defence as time moves on , still see him in the Niko Hynes mould and would certainly not like to see him move on . Maybe Latu Fainu could play as a 7 post D C E . Josh Schuster will ideally be a Manly long termer and the future 6 can only be speculation at this stage but again really would like Weekes to be in the 6 frame as well .
He was doing nice bombs in the warm ups.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Maybe Foz has signed a deal but there is still a cooling off period for Manly to come back? (not several months cooling period like back with DCE but pretty sure there is still a week or 2)

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Maybe Foz has signed a deal but there is still a cooling off period for Manly to come back? (not several months cooling period like back with DCE but pretty sure there is still a week or 2)
Think it's 10 days. So if he signed yesterday we have till mid week after next to up the offer which I doubt we can seeing we obviously keep upgrading everyone else. Classic Des 4 years in back ended deals killing us again.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Good luck to Foz but I wish it was another club he was off to. After all his struggles I just think the Gold Coast is the worst place for him. Hope I'm not right.
The bloke who will be shiitting himself the most if Foz does indeed come to the Titans will be David Fifita (Tony Williams 2.0). We all remember the words of encouragement he gave Williams in a game at Brookie. Maybe that’s why the Titans want him.@:p

double hoops

First Grader
We can’t fit him under the cap as is, but of course, if we really wanted to keep him, we could let someone on decent coin look elsewhere but I can also confirm that the Schuster promise is a legit piece of journalism and there was going to be an almighty uproar if he didn’t get the 6 for next year.
Interestingly the average backrower is on the same money as a five eight in the NRL. So whats the big deal? Those positions make about same no of tackles a game. When your Shoe's size, back row is just a five eight playing a wider, same as Gifty.

Shoe is going to be something special. I actually think he needs more game time at five eight this year for his development.

The way DES has this team with ball players everywhere, old school positions are less relevant. Its not something we want to move away from. DCE floating in more at hooker more, Walker off the bench is a third half. Turbo out the back. Can fit all their playing styles in easy.

Shoes biggest weakness is still over playing his hand and lack of Game management. Apart from Foz all our ball players suffer from it.

We need a game manager out there.
If it's not Foz. I honestly think we'd need to go to market and buy one. Unless Crokers given greater responsibility.

If it's ment to be. It will be.

But hate seeing older Manly men not play their last year at Manly. Its just wrong. Like Hasler Magpies. Gifty South's. I know there's dollars. But dam players can go around 1 year too many.

Last edited:

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
But hate seeing older Manly men not play their last year at Manly. Its just wrong. Like Hasler Magpies. Gifty South's. I know there's dollars. But dam players can go around 1 year too many.
We have a long history of it. Fatty to rorters, Gift to souffs, Choc to Parra, OJ Cunningham to Cows, Buhrer to Knights, Russell Gartner to Balmain, Phil and Michael Blake to Souths , Beaver to ESL,

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16