The Kieran Forum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How long will Foran last?

• 1 month

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • 2months

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 3months

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 4months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 5months

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6months

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Has the best season since 2011

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So Kelly is Slow and strong versus fast and quick?

One of us need our eyes checked buddy.
I wouldn't call Kelly Addo-Carr like. Nor would I consider him a streak away speed centre (see Roberts). There's also nothing wrong with that.

Kelly generally scores with footwork, then powering his way through online defenders.

I would certainly consider him more a strength player that raw speed.

I wouldn't call Kelly Addo-Carr like. Nor would I consider him a streak away speed centre (see Roberts). There's also nothing wrong with that.

Kelly generally scores with footwork, then powering his way through online defenders.

I would certainly consider him more a strength player that raw speed.

Your impression of Kelly is a summation of how his play has been forced by the ball he has been given and I understand why you see him as you do. I believe he has a lot more speed and is quicker than he has been allowed to show.
His ability to shine in the ways you said are a credit to him as a natural footballer considering those abilities are not his strongest talents. He is growing because he has been stifled.

I really hope we can see him with clean ball (which I can't recall him getting in 2 years)to show his natural abilities. I am far from naive and don't suffer the favourite player syndrome some here do but believe in this kid somewhere near the amount the guy who wanted him here did... Bozo.

He has great hands, twinkle-toes, is quick off the mark and i would love to see him trialed at 5/8.

He is a victim of poor coaching, along with many others, and I hope he has the right type of coach with his next club.

Last edited:
I remember seeing Kelly in the open in his first game with us vs Parra at Brookie at the start of 2017 & he was run down within 10 meters by (I think) Radradra.

I'd like to see him with more space to truly gauge his speed but until then I'd have to agree with @Ryan summation above.

I'm back

Mad Monday aftermath continues

Word is that the Bulldogs’ Mad Monday antics are only the tip of the iceberg at the club.

I’m hearing that the relationship between coach Dean Pay and injured halfback Kieran Foran has become untenable.

The pair are barely talking and Pay is hopeful that Foran will walk away from his rich contract for next season.

But Foran is telling mates he has no intention of going anywhere and will happily play in the NSW Cup and collect his hefty back-ended contract money.

The Bulldogs tried to medically retire Foran - who played just 12 games this season - but have, to date, been unable to.

Significantly, of the 12 games that Foran played, the Bulldogs won a mere three - an indication of his fall from grace after being one of the game’s elite playmakers a few years ago.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...an-foran-contract/zc5es3hcz8uo1u0w06hd0blj1/1

LOL. I can't see how he makes his way back into first grade with Frawley, Lewis and Marshall-King all playing pretty well at the back end of the season. I'd say he could be a chance of playing 9 if I thought his body would handle it, but that's unlikely. He's been a toxic time bomb wherever he has gone since leaving here.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Karma for Greenturd :devil:

He ain't walking away from that contract as no other club will pay anything close to that for him. Thank god he didn't renege on the Eels back then and stay.

One page late, but Fizzer has passed the first of the great Brian Charles Lara's world record scores. After Garry Sobers' 365* stood for over 35 years another brilliant lefthander from the Windies went large to post 375 against a hapless England side. The score was racked up at St Johns Rec ground in Antigua, the home ground of the incomparable IVA Richards. Upon breaking the record Lara was mobbed by the crowd and the game was halted for 10 minutes whilst security cleared the field, Sobers also made his way out to the middle to congratulate Lara for taking his crown. Within 2 months of achieving the test record he also broke the record for the highest first class score with 501* playing for Durham in County Cricket. In his prime there were few more gifted batsmen, and not many more enjoyable to watch then Lara in full flight so silky was his stroke play. Often quoted as being the best batsman of his era by his peers, once he was "in" it never looked likely he'd get out - he has 9 scores over 200 among his 34 tons. Truly one of the greats.

brian_lara_375.jpg

One page late, but Fizzer has passed the first of the great Brian Charles Lara's world record scores. After Garry Sobers' 365* stood for over 35 years another brilliant lefthander from the Windies went large to post 375 against a hapless England side. The score was racked up at St Johns Rec ground in Antigua, the home ground of the incomparable IVA Richards. Upon breaking the record Lara was mobbed by the crowd and the game was halted for 10 minutes whilst security cleared the field, Sobers also made his way out to the middle to congratulate Lara for taking his crown. Within 2 months of achieving the test record he also broke the record for the highest first class score with 501* playing for Durham in County Cricket. In his prime there were few more gifted batsmen, and not many more enjoyable to watch then Lara in full flight so silky was his stroke play. Often quoted as being the best batsman of his era by his peers, once he was "in" it never looked likely he'd get out - he has 9 scores over 200 among his 34 tons. Truly one of the greats.

View attachment 9594
Yeah nice Gary!

View attachment 9594
Oh I get it Kieran hasn’t played with Manly since 2014 so we have forgotten who he is so we just post any **** to keep this post going.
It’s amazing how sentimental we are :wondering:

NYEagle

Oh I get it Kieran hasn’t played with Manly since 2014 so we have forgotten who he is so we just post any **** to keep this post going.
It’s amazing how sentimental we are :wondering:

NYEagle
You may have missed the point of the post, it has become something of a Silvertails tradition to mark milestones in mega-threads by reference to famous cricket scores. This thread just went past Lara's score.

You may have missed the point of the post, it has become something of a Silvertails tradition to mark milestones in mega-threads by reference to famous cricket scores. This thread just went past Lara's score.
Oh that is bloody brilliant.
What milestone next?
NYEagle

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10